Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
She never testified to it. I don't believe it. I think it was just one of many cheap defense tricks meant to deflect attention from the real victim of this crime, Caylee.

I found it odd during the parts I watched how whenever there was talk of poor Casey's "sexual abuse" she bawled piteously for herself, but whenever Caylee's death and suffering was brought up, she had that steely dead-eyed rattlesnake glare in her eyes and did not shed a single tear.
They're both snakes, he can cover it better from his law enforcement experience.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
George may not be the best husband or father in the world.....but that is a far cry from being a child molester.

I think he was totally dumbstruck when all of this came down.....not any different than any parent would be when trying to wrap their head around the fact that your daughter killed your grand daughter.

I am not even a parent..... and I get it.

Casey claimed George and Lee molested her because she saw it as a way to excuse everything she has EVER done wrong in her sorry life....the lying, the stealing, the promiscuity, Caylee's death......all of it.

How many times do you see a criminal pull the "I was abused as a child" card when they are caught? All the time! It is par for the course and I don't believe it for a minute.

As far as George's reaction when accused in court by Baez.....George and Cindy knew ahead of time that the accusation was going to be made.....he had time to prepare himself for the accusation.....he maintained his composure...... to take the wind out of Baez's sails.

Remember, George and Baez had butted heads many, many times. It always looked to me like Baez delighted in "rattling George's cage", so to speak, and George was determined not to give him the satisfaction of doing it again, in open court.

George maintains his composure.....people think that makes him look guilty.

George explodes at the accusation.....people would think THAT made him look guilty.

Damned if you do.....damned if you don't.

I think a lot of people mistook the animosity between George and Baez as dishonesty on George's part.....I didn't.

That's just the way I see it.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Denial They're a family that lies and keeps secrets. They both know the truth.
I dont have the enrgy to argue this point any longer. If you would like a response, see my previous posts.

I got news for you, every family has secrets, it's just that not every families secrets are put out on display for the entire world to judge like the Anthony's were.

Quote:
I found it odd he wasn't outraged by the accusation in court, but went off when questioned about the family pets and found it odd the number of family pets that died.
Well, you see, in a courtroom most civilized people are expected to act just that, civilized.

P.S.
there was no outrage in court over the questioning of the dead pets. George calmly stated that he { Baez } was asking him questions about the burial of his pets from 30 yrs. ago........ can you recal every trivial detail about a pets death from 30, 20, or even ten years ago?

Quote:
They're both snakes, he can cover it better from his law enforcement experience.
I sure would like to know what facts or evidence you are using to make these accusations other than the claims made in court by the lawyer of a pathological liar....... hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Who sees college grad in that future?
Don't know about the "grad" part but college is definately in her futyre. She is doing it online so she isn't forced to look for a job.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
What if its true? My opinion, George is no ones victim.

I found it odd he wasn't outraged by the accusation in court, but went off when questioned about the family pets and found it odd the number of family pets that died.
What is odd about that? I have 12 containers of the ashes of my beloved deceased pets lined up on the headboard of my bed. And those don't include my childhood pets.

Many of my friends have literal cemetaries in their back yards full of deceased pets.

What does that mean? It means nothing more than the fact that we have had multiple pets over the years.....pets with relatively short life-spans.

and again.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What is odd about that? I have 12 containers of the ashes of my beloved deceased pets lined up on the headboard of my bed. And those don't include my childhood pets.

Many of my friends have literal cemetaries in their back yards full of deceased pets.

What does that mean? It means nothing more than the fact that we have had multiple pets over the years.....pets with relatively short life-spans.

and again.
I'm one of those people. I suppose that makes me a suspicious character to virgode to?

Some people will just come up with anything I tell ya!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:37 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:

and again.
To me that is odd and creepy to have that on the headboard...

But everybody is different.

In the case of Casey...to me she can't have enough coming at her in this year of probation. Let her have it is as difficult as can be...after all everything will be easier then Caley had, she didn't have a chance to experience life at all, thanks to mommy dearest and her party desires.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To me that is odd and creepy to have that on the headboard...

But everybody is different.

In the case of Casey...to me she can't have enough coming at her in this year of probation. Let her have it is as difficult as can be...after all everything will be easier then Caley had, she didn't have a chance to experience life at all, thanks to mommy dearest and her party desires.
I loved them all with every ounce of my being.....it comforts me to have what is left of them close.

When I die, I am to be cremated, their ashes are to be mixed with mine, and buried next to my mother in my plot at the cemetery.

Like you said, when it comes to death and dying, everyone handles it in their own way.....there is no right or wrong.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Well, you see, in a courtroom most civilized people are expected to act just that, civilized.

P.S.
there was no outrage in court over the questioning of the dead pets.
Absolutely

And yes, quite bent out of shape as though the questioning were out of line. Since they were all buried in the same manner, shouldn't be difficult to recall and answer the question as nicely as he answered when asked if he molested his daughter.

He changed his stories from original depositions. Generally, someone who has something to hide changes their story because they have trouble remembering what lie they told or to whom. When asked about the affair, his answer was "Thats very funny". No, not really George. People who want to commit suicide generally succeed, but George had time to write a memior and leave enough of a trail so he'd be discovered.

Sure, most families have a skeleton or two in the past they'd like to keep there.

Watch the jail visits, where he says to his daughter "Hello beautiful", later the bounty hunter bails her out she returns home with the female body guard who said she woke in the morning to George screaming "What did you do with my grand-daughter"....He all for show and IMO dishonest and knows the truth.

The dogs....I've only had two family pets in 25yrs. quess we were lucky.

Last edited by virgode; 08-30-2011 at 08:05 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not trying to be off topic, but I found it pretty darn ironic that the local couple who's python killed their 2 year old, with no malice or premeditation on their part, they were DEVASTATED...not partying afterwards, actually got 12 year prison sentences.

I mean, what they did was stupid and negligent....but then some lying piece of crap like Casey goes free. The judicial system is cracking somewhere.
This was an excellent post and you are so right, it doesn't seem fair or right. Unfortunately, it is what it is....

Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Wasn't she only one credit shy to get her diploma too? Talk about stupid.

How easy would it have been to make that up? Instead, just walk away from your high school diploma.
Mother Offers Insight Into Casey Anthony - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Casey was one credit short was actually ... Casey was one half credit short of getting her diploma. This fairy tale started in 2008. Article above from WESH TV.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony offers some insight into her daughter -- the mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony.

Mother Cindy Anthony said her daughter, Casey, 22, went to Colonial High School, but did not graduate. She ended one half credit short of getting her diploma.

Cindy Anthony said that, before Caylee was born, Casey Anthony's passion was photography."She just lucked into a photography job at Universal Studios, not at Universal Studios, but for Kodak, and she has a plaque. She was the employee of the year," Cindy Anthony said.

This is Cindy speaking about her wonderful daughter. This is not an official record from Colonial High School or the Florida Dept of Education .... just momma praising her daughter.

After all ... momma didn't even know Casey had quit school ... Cindy had a big graduation party planned for Casey and relatives arrived for the graduation ... whoops Casey was backed into another corner .... Mother, I quit school ... but I just lack one half a credit to graduate.

The problem with this is ... one half a credit still walks ... receives a Certificate of Completion ... not a diploma ... names are called and the audience has no idea what the graduate is receiving. They can attend summer school to make up their one half credit and the certificate is exchanged for a diploma with no fanfare involved.

The Florida Dept of Education: Certificate of Completion Students who complete the required courses but fail to meet the other diploma requirements, such as the grade point average and/or passing the grade, may receive a certificate of completion. A certificate of completion is not a diploma. It certifies that the student attended high school.

I know this to be true a relative's daughter had the cap, gown and sent out the invitations and graduated with her class. She received a Certificate of Completion as she lacked one half credit meeting the requirements for a Diploma. She made up the half credit and received her high school diploma.

So many things out there from the mouths of Cindy and Casey are just plain lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime