Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I won't watch it. I'm sticking to my guns. I won't read the threads on it either.[/quote]
..... Says someone posting in a thread entitled

" George & Cindy Anthony Interview w/Dr.Phill"

Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20605895]
Quote:

..... Says someone posting in a thread entitled

" George & Cindy Anthony Interview w/Dr.Phill"

You are absolutely right. But I won't watch anything or read anything that has the potential to line their pockets. Posting here on this message board doesn't do that. I was referring to any threads that resulted from their interview with Dr. Phil....as you knew

Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Usually LTD will facilitate you going on SSDI, if you have been on it the full two years (LTD). If she isn't on SSDI, I'll bet you she is headed for it though I don't see how she could be !00% totally disabled for any type of work and still head up the foundation.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 PM

[quote=AnnieA;20608618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You are absolutely right. But I won't watch anything or read anything that has the potential to line their pockets. Posting here on this message board doesn't do that. I was referring to any threads that resulted from their interview with Dr. Phil....as you knew
But when you think about it, it really does contribute, indirectly. It keeps peoples interest up, and keeps them talking about it. This is what the publishing companies want. These companies DO use social media, blogs, etc. etc. to see what people are talking about. Somewhere on here there is a link showing how her lawyers used social media and blogs to see what the public opinion was and where they needed to focus their arguments. I believe CarolinaWoman posted it. When they saw that people were starting to trash George, they laid the hammer down on him in trial. According to the article, people "loved" Cindy until she claimed responsibility for the internet searches. This somehow lead to a "watered down" closing arguments. IDK.... find an read the article. All I'm saying is, if people want this all to go away, really, they should just quit talking about it all together, but that's just me.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but
No. George and Cindy Anthony were not on trial. They were only called as witnesses. Casey Anthony was the one on trial.
oops thats right i forgot!!

Merci for reminding me!!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
A CD member who lives in Orlando posted that they are on SSDI and said it was in the news there. I did some searching on the web about the matter (NOTE: of course I could have missed it so I am not saying this person is definitely "wrong") and I could not find anything that said George was on any kind of disability. I also could not actually find anything that said "SSDI" or "Social Security" in terms of Cindy Anthony. The few references I found regarding Cindy being on disability was she took private disability insurance leave from her hospital job for a "mental" condition and that it was only going to last two years. That sounds about right. I know my job has short and long term private disability insurance and if you go on it for "mental" reasons there is a limit of two years. If anyone else can find anything linking them to SSDI I'd appreciate reading it, because I failed to come up with anything.
Doesn't matter. The whole family is scum white trash in my opinion whether they live off the government or not.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I work for a newspaper here in Orlando. As far as I know, they are NOT on any sort of SSDI at all. I could be wrong....but it could just be additional internet fodder....most of which is fabricated to begin with.

I may watch....I may not. I think this story has been told so times in so many ways by so many people....until it is a dead horse.
I won't watch. The trial was interesting in May and June. A person got away with child murder and now people are ca$$shing in on it.

Sickening....plus that jury had to summarily have an IQ of 50 (in total) to believe every murder has to "connect the dots with forensic evidence". .....beyond stupid.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I won't watch. The trial was interesting in May and June. A person got away with child murder and now people are ca$$shing in on it.

Sickening....plus that jury had to summarily have an IQ of 50 (in total) to believe every murder has to "connect the dots with forensic evidence". .....beyond stupid.
What would be interesting would be to see how many hours of CSI, NCIS, L&O etc. etc. that each one had watched in their lifetime.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
The only way this could even be functional, in any, way, shape, or form, is if Casey came on the show as well, and they all talked about how messed up their family is, and how Caylee suffered as a result, and Casey would confess to killing her child, so she could go lay in bed with her BF for a full day, without any "Mommy Duty", but she would blame Cindy, for not taking care of Caylee. And they started pulling each other's hair, and having a cat fight, rolling on the floor. I would watch that.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Wouldnt that be DOUBLE JEOPARDY??

They were tried once and found NOT GUILTY,i dont think they can be tried again regardless...
Huh? They? Who was tried? Only one person - Casey Anthony was on trial. And yes she can not be tried again in a criminal court for her daughter's death.
The other Anthony's can of course be tried in a criminal and civil court for any offense regarding their granddaughter (but - I think we all agree that Casey alone was responsible for her daughter's death).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime