Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times

Advertisements

George and Cindy Anthony will be hitting the airways in the next few days says Mark Lipmann their attorney.

The couple are very busy setting up a new foundation in memory of their granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony called Caylees Fund. The Anthonys are planning to draw salaries from this new foundation, claiming that they are unable to get employment because of their notoriety.

Cindy & George had originally set up Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation, Inc. which was closed down in April of this year. They spent the majority of money received in that foundation for Administrative Expenses.

I cannot open the new foundation's website ... I guess they are still working on it. At the bottom of this article I am posting there is info on the former foundation.

George and Cindy Anthony Discuss CayleesFund org

Cha-ching-a-ling!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I hope they won't get a dime but if people want to donate money give it to the funds that are already out there opened by the parents of other kids to help other kids....

Cindy & George are still living in the same nice house...perhaps it is time for a small apartment and start cleaning homes or do some ground work.

Lying in court shouldn't be awarded with free money over their dead bodies grand baby...

If they wouldn't have lied in court I probably would have had a different opinion now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
George and Cindy Anthony will be hitting the airways in the next few days says Mark Lipmann their attorney.

The couple are very busy setting up a new foundation in memory of their granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony called Caylees Fund. The Anthonys are planning to draw salaries from this new foundation, claiming that they are unable to get employment because of their notoriety.

Cindy & George had originally set up Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation, Inc. which was closed down in April of this year. They spent the majority of money received in that foundation for Administrative Expenses.

I cannot open the new foundation's website ... I guess they are still working on it. At the bottom of this article I am posting there is info on the former foundation.

George and Cindy Anthony Discuss CayleesFund org

Cha-ching-a-ling!!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I hope they won't get a dime but if people want to donate money give it to the funds that are already out there opened by the parents of other kids to help other kids....
Agree. There are already a number of reputable foundations and kid related charities out there--that have very low administrative overhead, or have the overhead underwritten by a corporation.

Quote:
Cindy & George are still living in the same nice house...perhaps it is time for a small apartment and start cleaning homes or do some ground work.
Eh, it's not that nice of a house, the neighborhood is OK but nothing special. I have a hard time believing that neither of them can get a job. Just like I don't believe that Zenaida can't get a job. If George wants a job, he needs to come see me. As long as he doesn't mind working in the heat, I've got work that anyone in reasonably good physical shape can perform. Decent pay, benefits after 90 days.

Quote:
Lying in court shouldn't be awarded with free money over their dead bodies grand baby...

If they wouldn't have lied in court I probably would have had a different opinion now.
I'm not sure George lied--I didn't find his alleged mistress at all credible. Just another freak trying to get her 15 minutes of fame. I also think one of the things people think Cindy lied about, she really didn't, but nobody chose to figure out and explain what she was trying to say (Google's autocomplete algorithm).

Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I think Cindy and George are societal leeches and I hope that if anyone is dumb enough to contribute to their phony foundation, they get royally burned. It is so patently obvious what kind of people they are. George never works at anything for very long. Cindy is a nurse, for gosh sakes. There are always jobs in the medical field. They have found a gravy train in their granddaughters death and the justice system has encouraged it. They all deserve each other.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:43 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
Why would anybody donate to a fund started by this family?
I wish Cindy would go to jail for perjury. She lied about the date of the ladder being up, forget about her searches.
Is this all they do? Sit around and think of ways to make money?
Are they setting up a foundation to help out if their next grandchild disappears?
What happened to punishing people who lie under oath?
I wouldn't give them a dime under any circumstances. Send your money to St. Jude's and help a sick child.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I don't have any ill will towards Cindy or George Anthony. I think they suffered a great loss and showed that any family thrown into the limelight could possibly come out looking dysfunctional to some degree. I never thought George lied. I think Cindy lied to protect her daughter from the death penalty....and I do understand that choice.

BUT...as far as continuing to go public for ANY reason.....I feel is a really bad judgement call on their behalf. Their house is moderate enough and I think they have more than enough support of the Orlando community to get jobs or even sell their house and move to where they are less recognized.

If I were in their position, I probably would have chosen any number of child advocacy groups out there and just asked people to donate there in Caylee's name.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
I just checked the link to see what the foundation the Anthonys set up supports.

"Grandparents rights"???

Are George and Cindy implying their rights as Grandparents were infringed on by their daughter?

Cindy could have filed in family court to have visitation with her granddaughter or for emergency custody or gaurdianship if her daughter were on drugs, the child neglected, or in situations harming the welfare of the child. What happens when you refuse to see the writing on the wall so to speak and force responsible parenting before they're ready or mature enough to handle the responsibility...Casey Anthony.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Where is the "vomit" emticon? They can get jobs...no one wants to hire them because they are psycho losers...really...

I am on the fence about this, because there is no one I respect more than Jim Walsh, Adam Walsh's father, who really brought child abduction to our attention, and he has made a career from his tragedy, as have many other parents who went thru this type of evil. Not unlike Natalee Halloway's Mother...who is now on tv with a show about missing people, an excellent show btw...

I believe Ed Smart and others have set up foundations in their children's names...jessice lunsford is one of them...So...why is no one bashing these people?

We just all hate the entire messed up Anthony family. Just don't give them any more juice.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Cindy and George trademarked Caylee's name ... they should have trademarked Casey's. LOL

If they dip too much into their foundation they will lose their non-profit rating. Cindy was writing every day in the court room so I expect a book will be out soon .... I won't buy it or read it.

Only Casey knows what happened to Caylee and I hate to see the family profit from the death of that baby.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Where is the "vomit" emticon? They can get jobs...no one wants to hire them because they are psycho losers...really...

I am on the fence about this, because there is no one I respect more than Jim Walsh, Adam Walsh's father, who really brought child abduction to our attention, and he has made a career from his tragedy, as have many other parents who went thru this type of evil. Not unlike Natalee Halloway's Mother...who is now on tv with a show about missing people, an excellent show btw...

I believe Ed Smart and others have set up foundations in their children's names...jessice lunsford is one of them...So...why is no one bashing these people?

We just all hate the entire messed up Anthony family. Just don't give them any more juice.
I will bash anyone I think is profiting by the death of a child in an unseemly way. There was much discussion about how the money was spent in the Jessica Lunsford tragedy......I think John Walsh did much to promote understanding and activism regarding crimes against children and he became wealthy along the way.

The Anthony's are just crass, JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime