Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 PM

89,178 posts, read 85,893,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, what about the mystery ransom note? What was all about that?
Now that I don't feel was ever satisfactorily explained, and some years ago, I took a three-hour overview class in handwriting analysis, just for fun. You could then follow up with a longer class and get a certification but I never did.

Anyway, someone asked about the Ramsey note during the class. The instructor said that he first wanted to make it clear that he strongly believes everyone is innocent until proven otherwise, but that it was the general consensus of most handwriting experts that the note was written by someone who lived inside the house.

I know there was that whole Enquirer article about how the note supposedly showed that it was written by someone with brain cancer, but I find that dismissable given the venue in which the article was published.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM

8,825 posts, read 7,360,247 times
I guess it boils down to criminals thinking they can outsmart the rest of the world and they do sometimes manage to create enough doubt or get rid of enough evidence, so they can't be convicted by a judge and jury. I doubt they care what anyone thinks, the only thing that matters is selfpreservation.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:32 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,390,950 times
The ransom note was most notable for its length. It is hard to believe that someone kidnapping a child is going to sit down and write a lengthy ransome note in the house since they obviously would want to take the child and run. If we assume there was a kidnapper who prepared the note ahead of time it makes no sense for the kidnapper to use a notepad from the house since that would tip them off that it was someone who had been in the house on a previous occasion. Also, why would a would be kidnapper leave the note when things went wrong and she was killed? The note would provide a clue possibly leading to the discovery of their identity so it would be stupid to leave it.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM

89,178 posts, read 85,893,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
The ransom note was most notable for its length. It is hard to believe that someone kidnapping a child is going to sit down and write a lengthy ransome note in the house since they obviously would want to take the child and run. If we assume there was a kidnapper who prepared the note ahead of time it makes no sense for the kidnapper to use a notepad from the house since that would tip them off that it was someone who had been in the house on a previous occasion. Also, why would a would be kidnapper leave the note when things went wrong and she was killed? The note would provide a clue possibly leading to the discovery of their identity so it would be stupid to leave it.
That's also something that makes no sense. Why would someone be stupid enough to use a notepad from the house?

Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM

26,963 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Why would someone be stupid enough to use a notepad from the house?
To set up Patsy Ramsey? Maybe h/shetook the notepad beforehand (at the Christmas party?), wrote the note ahead of time and placed it back in the house.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,303,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
To set up Patsy Ramsey? Maybe h/shetook the notepad beforehand (at the Christmas party?), wrote the note ahead of time and placed it back in the house.

Patsy wrote the note.

PR is right where she needs to be IMO - six foot under.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:31 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,390,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That would rule out the stranger theory. They should be able to pinpoint the window of opportunity based on the pad (either from when it was bought or if they can use forensics to determine when the last page under the page torn out was used) and have a list of potential suspects who had been in the house during that time period.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,303,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
That would rule out the stranger theory. They should be able to pinpoint the window of opportunity based on the pad (either from when it was bought or if they can use forensics to determine when the last page under the page torn out was used) and have a list of potential suspects who had been in the house during that time period.
There was no "window of opportunity". The ransom letter was pages long, and WAS NOT THE FIRST DRAFT. There was a practice note left in the pad.

This was not an opportunistic or a planned crime! It was a cover up.

Opportunistic - just happens to see a window open, goes in to see what they can steal/rape/murder...in and out....not sitting around, finding pens, finding paper, finding murder weapons, writing extremely long ransom notes then LEAVING THE VICTIM BEHIND.

Planned - would bring a note (of two or three lines) AND a murder weapon, not rely on finding them in the house...WOULD NOT LEAVE VICTIM BEHIND.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 06-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: wo

Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM

26,963 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Patsy wrote the note..
Sorry; after reading Patsy's history, I don't believe there's any possible way that she murdered her daughter. I highly doubt that she could have done this (see photos, some referred to in the OP) to her daughter. Some mothers, possibly, but not Patsy Ramsey. http://zyberzoom.com/JonBenet.html

Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,530,003 times
Maybe. We never see what happens behind closed doors.

If it was a domestic issue, I am impressed by the level of cover up and collusion this took. That two parents covered this up....as opposed to one parent doing the crime, and the other one covering...or ignoring....it really points to one suspect....and while I have read about why it could not have been Burke...I don't buy the reasons. Psychologists state he would have acted out or had other issues. I don't think so..
Psychologists have issues with psychopathic children, they can't wrap their head around the fact that a child could kill and go on with life like nothing happened. I know it can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime