Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Can be but as others have pointed out on this thread, can also can be due to other medical problems (and poor hygiene). There is also conflicting evidence on prior sexual abuse. It's difficult to hard to separate fact from fiction in this case; one can find evidence for almost everything that did or did not happen to this unfortunate child.

I do. Ear infections galore (daycare), re-checks on the antibiotics for that, chicken pox, childhood allergies, broken arms from soccer and rollerskating, immunizations, etc. I felt like I lived there, and so did most of my friends of kids ages 1-6.
Poor hygiene? What child at 4, 5 or 6 has adaquate hygiene? They're kids, they just do what all other kids do, yet very few, if any children, see a doctor 30 + times. If in a 3 year time, that's 10/year or once every 6 weeks. Wow, what child sees a doc that much unless you've got some big time medical problem going on. That is not a normal routine for any child.

You brought your kids to a doctor every 6 weeks and all of your friends brought their kids too that frequently?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:43 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Poor hygiene? What child at 4, 5 or 6 has adaquate hygiene?

"While a coroner's report found JonBenet had been sexually assaulted before she was killed, "experts" have differed widely as to whether the evidence supports previous or chronic abuse. The coroner's report found "chronic inflammation and epithelial erosion" in the girl's vagina, leading Dr. Cyril Wecht, coroner of Allegheny County, Pa., to conclude that there was abuse at least two days before her death.
But others say anyone who hasn't examined the actual tissue couldn't reach a reliable conclusion. "Poor hygiene can cause chronic inflammation," Dr. Joan Slook, a pediatrician with the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, told the Daily Camera. "Some little girls can have asymptomatic bladder infections that can cause irritation in the vagina."
Boulder Daily Camera archive, 1997.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
I wouldn't put myself in the Ramsey supporter camp; I have no idea who killed JonBenet. As has been posted somewhere in this thread, 30 visits spread over that time period came to about once every six weeks. I don't think that frequency is that unusual for kids through the age of six, at least not from what I recall of my own kids' visits to their pediatrician. From what I've read, JB had a lot of bladder infections, which apparently can be a result of a little girl's poor hygiene.
You're right, theres many reasons for chronic urinary track and yeast infections. In a 4-6 yr old, I don't know that its common. Body chemistry, soaps and bubble baths, poor hygiene and sex, in this case sexual abuse. In the monthly visits, its odd the problem wasn't indentified and corrected. Her autopsy showed no signs of disease in her bladder or kidneys or elsewhere. There was something about the thyroid, which may have been from the garrote.

Just the 3 things listed below don't pass the sniff test.

For what reason would 2 neighbors lie about the screams they heard after midnight.... the Ramseys heard nothing?

Why did Patsy lie about Burke sleeping thru the 911 call?

Do you really believe JonBenet sat with an intruder she didn't know and ate pineapple?

O'...heres one more...John removed the duck tape from JonBenets mouth and left it in the basement. According to reports and Patsys transcripts, at no time during the investigation did she enter the basement or handle the duck tape, yet fibers from her red jacket were on the sticky side of the tape. Tell me that isn't strange

The pubic hair investigators found on the white blanket, not a word about the DNA results.

Last edited by virgode; 08-04-2012 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: additional info.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,903 times
Were the visits to a M.D.? I knew someone who told me she went to an osteopath they knew, so was this in addition to the visits to a regular doctor?

Old 08-04-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
"While a coroner's report found JonBenet had been sexually assaulted before she was killed, "experts" have differed widely as to whether the evidence supports previous or chronic abuse. The coroner's report found "chronic inflammation and epithelial erosion" in the girl's vagina, leading Dr. Cyril Wecht, coroner of Allegheny County, Pa., to conclude that there was abuse at least two days before her death.
But others say anyone who hasn't examined the actual tissue couldn't reach a reliable conclusion. "Poor hygiene can cause chronic inflammation," Dr. Joan Slook, a pediatrician with the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, told the Daily Camera. "Some little girls can have asymptomatic bladder infections that can cause irritation in the vagina."
Boulder Daily Camera archive, 1997.
Well, if Patsy claimed to be the wonderful mother she was, why didn't she know her daughter had a problem? Inflammation causes pain or symptoms in the majority of cases. "Asymptomatic"--how would Dr. Slook know that? Did she question the child? Did she ask the parents about it specifically? And, why repeated doctor visits with no resolution? What competent doctor would miss it with all of the exams performed? And, how does the bedwetting fit in here? Coincidental, too?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
For what reason would 2 neighbors lie about the screams they heard after midnight.... the Ramseys heard nothing?
True, and then those neighbors were later silenced.

Quote:
Do you really believe JonBenet sat with an intruder she didn't know and ate pineapple?
No...but there is so much conflicting evidence. I just looked up something about a possible osteopath (that Sandhillian mentioned) whom JB might have seen revealed nothing except a couple of links that contradicted each other about the pineapple (one that stated it was fresh fruit and the other that said JB could not have opened a can of pineapple without help).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
if Patsy claimed to be the wonderful mother she was, why didn't she know her daughter had a problem? Inflammation causes pain or symptoms in the majority of cases. "Asymptomatic"--how would Dr. Slook know that?
True, with so many conflicting statements about the state of her health.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
What amazes me about this case, is the amount of cover up, and the silence. I believe this case could be solved, if people who know the truth spoke up. This was not random violence.

The police botched this from the beginning. No matter about a ransom note, the house should have been searched by police for clues. The scene should have been secured. That is why this case is such a mess. No excuse. That is where the blame for this case not being solved, it was completely mishandled by the police from minute one.

I don't blame the officers too much though, they were manipulated by a sociopath, much smarter than them, more status. I can see how it happened. I believe the Ramsey's took control of this from the beginning, with the goal of divert and confuse. Masterfully done.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What amazes me about this case, is the amount of cover up, and the silence. I believe this case could be solved, if people who know the truth spoke up. This was not random violence.

The police botched this from the beginning. No matter about a ransom note, the house should have been searched by police for clues. The scene should have been secured. That is why this case is such a mess. No excuse. That is where the blame for this case not being solved, it was completely mishandled by the police from minute one.

I don't blame the officers too much though, they were manipulated by a sociopath, much smarter than them, more status. I can see how it happened. I believe the Ramsey's took control of this from the beginning, with the goal of divert and confuse. Masterfully done.
They were intimidated by the Ramsey's wealth, status and connections.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
I think Detective James Kolar has presented factual events that were covered up in his new book.
Again, the possible culprit cannot be prosecuted, because of Colorado statutes.

Facts are coming out, whether or not John Ramsey's spin team likes this or not. I think the media blitz of dis-information on the part of former D.A.'s (esp. Lacy) is a disgrace and reflects poorly on the system, and her superiors who dropped the ball in the name of career advancement.

Here's another good book to read: detective Steve Thomas is clearly on the side of the truth, and cares about justice for JBR. (the little girl who was killed, lest we forget). He simply doesn't mention the Kolar revelations, which we now know.

BARNES & NOBLE | JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation by Steve Thomas, St. Martin's Press | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover

Steve Thomas received more than a hundred commendations and awards during his thirteen-year police career, including the Award of Excellence and the Medal for Lifesaving, for assignments ranging from recruit training and SWAT to special investigations and undercover narcotics. Prior to the JonBenet case, Thomas worked on a multi-state task force investigating racketeering and organized crime that resulted in numerous grand-jury indictments. Thomas has been a guest lecturer on criminal justice topics and instructed extensively on law-enforcement issues.

University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter (by former DA Mary Lacy exonerating Ramseys) a 'reckless exoneration.'

He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~Quote from Kolar's book: Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped Jonbenet Ramsey

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 08-04-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Yes, there are coverups, police screwups, sometimes deliberate misinformation, and media mistakes. Look at that Colorado killer, when the media initially said, when the mother of the killer was first contacted about her son being caught, said something like 'you have the right person'. I heard no media retraction of that blunder.

The truth is, sometimes we can pick and choose the evidence that fits our favorite scenario, which makes for good beach reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.