Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 04:59 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Linda Arndt of BPD is interviwed on a program (its on youtube) . She had some interesting comments and observations of JR when he discovered the body. Apparently JR "found" the body in the basement and picked it up and carried it up the stairs BEFORE he even told Arndt what he found.

Apparently the backup took awhile to get there, yes BPD were inexperienced, but imo they were railroaded once JR and DA Hunter came on the scene.

The tape was supposedly removed by JR, and Fleet White, the neighbor also was present (The Ramseys invited friends to the house within AN HOUR, before police even had time to cordon off the scene of the crime).

Fleet White has to date not gone on record, but from transcripts and people who have been studying this case for 15 years, it seems that White had a revelation, or saw something that didnt match up, and also the fact that when HE looked in the basement he didnt find JBR's body. Then an hour later, the father did.

Really, really suspicious, and of course the DA's office quashed information and evidence later.

The main investigating officer who was there at the time, knows what she saw.

The housekeeper, arguably the person best placed to KNOW the crime scene, knows who did it.

Both women were absolutely shocked and horrified when they realised the truth...but they know who's guilty.

They have both stated so, in public, over and over again. And been silenced.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
I wonder why the housekeeper hasn't spoken out?.
Supposedly she was writing a book, not sure though if that is still true. She has nothing to lose, not like she was treated well. Initially the family tried to implicate her as well.

I find it wrong that JR has a new book out, the interviews and media circuit tour are beyond sickening. But then again, he also is a politician of sorts as he ran for office up in Charlevoix MI. Some people have absolutely no conscience.

Even if I were innocent, and lost a child in a tragic manner, I would not be parading on network tv to sell a book. But, I guess that's the difference.

jmo disclaimer.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I wonder why the housekeeper hasn't spoken out?.
Supposedly she was writing a book, not sure though if that is still true. She has nothing to lose, not like she was treated well. Initially the family tried to implicate her as well.

I find it wrong that JR has a new book out, the interviews and media circuit tour are beyond sickening. But then again, he also is a politician of sorts as he ran for office up in Charlevoix MI. Some people have absolutely no conscience.

Even if I were innocent, and lost a child in a tragic manner, I would not be parading on network tv to sell a book. But, I guess that's the difference.

jmo disclaimer.

Father Rol, the priest who PR called on the morning of JBR's murder, and came to the house, and presided over the funeral, was seen at the funeral completely snubbing PR.

Not John...just Patsy.

I suspect JR had confessed to him, the truth of that night. I don't think JR is guilty of anything other than covering up, and looking away (which still makes him guilty, but by association only). Either way, he has no place in politics, nor the limelight.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,595,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Sorry, got to correct you here.

The DNA found under JB's fingernails was degraded.

The DNA found on her underwear was NOT degraded.

That means that these samples either -

1. did not match at all, or
2. were accumulated days apart.

Personally, I don't buy any of the testing so it's irrelevant to me what it said. I had read somewhere that there was no guarantee that the initial autopsy was even done with clean instruments, as there was no direct chain of evidence...in other words, it was mishandled and possibly contaminated, from the word go. As JB spent at least 7 hours lying in that dungeon, there was degradation of the fingernail DNA at least, also, absolutely no control of the crime scene. Basically a screw up from beginning to end, forensically.

I saw a tv interview with a local forensic scientist who is at the forefront of DNA research worldwide. He was laughing and said that the general public has the wrong idea about DNA retrieval under fingernails. It is rarely successful as apparently the DNA deteriorates very quickly and must be collected pretty much within an hour of death to be forensically useful...that is why you don't hear it in court more often.
If you read the autopsy report in the links posted, it lists the dna sent to Bode. All dna was collected at the same time, however the coroner didn't take samples until 18 hrs after her death. There were trace amounts of unidentified dna under her nails, its was reported after the first release of info on Bodes findings. That info never changed.

There were no fibers from the rope, or, Jon Benets own skin under her nails. She never stuggled. Unconcious, or already dead when the garrot was placed around her neck.

John Ramsey isn't off the hook in my book. I know the man had a series of losses to cope with, the books covering his loss of Jon Benet aren't necessary. Doesn't convince me, and a rather bold move.

From what I understand the housekeeper wrote a book too.....Is that info correct?

Last edited by virgode; 07-05-2012 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you read the autopsy report in the links posted, it lists the dna sent to Bode. All dna was collected at the same time, however the coroner didn't take samples until 18 hrs after her death. There were trace amounts of unidentified dna under her nails, its was reported after the first release of info. That info never changed.

There were no fibers from the rope, or, Jon Benets own skin under her nails. She never stuggled. Unconcious, or already dead when the garrot was placed around her neck.

John Ramsey isn't off the hook in my book. I know the man had a series of losses to cope with, the books covering his loss of Jon Benet aren't necessary. Doesn't convince me, and a rather bold move.

From what I understand the housekeeper wrote a book too.....Is that info correct?
I believe she did. "perfect murder, perfect town"

I read an except from it...I will post if I can find it again.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,595,762 times
I'll have to post Linda Arndts interview from the Today show. She accussed John Ramsey of odd behavior, perhaps indicating pedophilia (something about how he carried Jon Benet from the basement).

Then she later recanted, defending John and incriminating Patsy. So, shes changed her toon on more than one occassion. Her police work was an embarrassment to BPD.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,412,483 times
Hmmm...I think the police messed up. They should have gone into crime scene mode the minute they were called on the scene. And when they found the note, the FBI should have been called immediately. I know a special agent would have been there if called.

But...they were manipulated by folks more devious..I have personally been manipulated by criminals myself...so it is easy to be manipulated by folks with no conscious.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 AM

26,795 posts, read 26,922,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Why did law enforcement accompanied by John in the search, allow him to remove the child from the crime scene in the basement?
Boulder is a sleepy town, dominated by the university. The small town police probably had no idea what they were getting into. They were in way over their heads. Obviously this is not an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe on Christmas morning, only the very new and young officers were probably working.
It was December 26, although I agree that inexperienced or new officers of the BPD were probably assigned to work on that date.

Quote:
I wonder why the housekeeper hasn't spoken out?
She has, although as you mentioned, she was silenced more than once. Interesting about the source of the pocket knife that was found not far from JBR's body. It's astounding how many different theories there were about the knife. This case has shown how nearly impossible it's become to separate potential fact from fiction. From the Boulder Daily Camera: http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...0803crams.html

Last edited by CA4Now; 07-06-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 07-06-2012, 01:52 PM

CA4Now thank you for the link .

yes she was silenced , and some say, paid off by Lin Wood (criminal defense attorney). i have no interest in reading JR's latest book. There is a promotional on utube from a GMA interview. The media fawns over him as if the American public should blindly accept their sell-out bias.

I agree with Virgode a bit also, the more you read , the harder it is to discount either parent, or , another family member.
Yes the police screwed up, but thats not a main issue. The case is confusing because imo the DA's office is guilty of obstruction of justice. They should be held accountable.

At any rate, justice for JBR seems a long way off.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:28 PM

one problem, Jeff Scott Shapiro/reporter in his column wrote a later version, that the housekeeper said Patsy knew where the knife was...I will try to find a link to that recent article.

People keep recanting their stories in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.