Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,110,756 times

Advertisements

Unfortunatly, some law enforcement officials are more concerned about "solving" a case than seeing that justice is done.

Even those in law enforcement will tell you hiring counsel is the smart thing to do.....whether you are innocent or guilty.

How many cases have there been where someone in prison has been proven innocent beyond a doubt.....yet prosecutors will fight tooth and nail to keep them in prison anyway rather than admit they made a mistake?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM

24,166 posts, read 32,703,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
33 visits to JBR's pediatrician in 2 years...imo that is suspicious and excessive.
They were friends with Dr. ___, he would treat the patient, doesnt mean it would ever be reported to authorities.
I need to read more, but Dr. Wecht's medical facts really point to some sort of ongoing molestation.

Even if this was an accident, I was imagining a scenario where possibly PR found someone again molesting the child, and then lost it. Just an opinion, and she did seem prone to "rage attacks" .

Also the floor plan of that house was complex, highly dubious for any random stranger/neighbor to know where the disused wine cellar/dirty storage room even was. The scuff marks outside the cellar window were apparently staged also.
Agree with all that you wrote. PR seemed to have some sort of Histrionic Personality Disorder as well as a permutation of Munchhausen's Syndrome by Proxy. Rage attacks would be consistent with the first diagnosis.

I have seen the floor plan of that house and to say it is "not standard" is an understatement! Someone would have to know the house plan intimately to have not gotten lost in it.

Since the family essentially ran with a posse of sycophants who fed their narcissism, which was insatiable, from what what I can see, their "friends" including their minister and family doctor were all part of their enormous fan club.

A club of which I am not a members.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Informative link. I know in my gut that PR was involved.

I wonder in what way PR "disciplined" Jonbent in the bathroom. Did she routinely beat her around the crotch as speculated by the housekeeper? If so, that's child abuse and sexual in nature.

Does anyone else agree about PR?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,292,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Informative link. I know in my gut that PR was involved.

I wonder in what way PR "disciplined" Jonbent in the bathroom. Did she routinely beat her around the crotch as speculated by the housekeeper? If so, that's child abuse and sexual in nature.

Does anyone else agree about PR?
Absolutely I can just see it.

Her jaw was so clenched, in every picture or clip I saw of her.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,292,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Horrible article.

"and could of committed the murder at any time during the night. "

Could OF? OF?

and

Incriminating Evidence

Lack of Cooperation: The parents were not cooperative in talking with the authorities in a timely fashion:

* They placed strict conditions on how they would be interviewed.
* Their first interview came in April 1997, 4 months after the
murder.
* In April 1998, "John Ramsey wrote a letter to Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter at home and offered to meet. The only ground rule: no Boulder police would be allowed in the room."
* They hired the most powerful lawyers in Colorado immediately
after JonBenet’s death.

None of this could ever be considered incriminating and should be SOP when dealing with the police.

I didn't read further.
LOL that was my first reaction too...the person who wrote this article was in no way a journalist IMO. However, if you persist with the article and ignore how badly written it is, there is a passage from the housekeeper's book that, if verbatim, should be read by every Ramsey supporter.

The statements put forth by arguably the closest woman to PR, her housekeeper, are absolutely gob-smacking.

There is no doubt as to her guilt, none what so ever. IMO.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,472,917 times
Once you suspend your belief of how a "normal" family acts, and "normal" Mother behavior...it is then clear where the evidence in the case points.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Once you suspend your belief of how a "normal" family acts, and "normal" Mother behavior...it is then clear where the evidence in the case points.
Yes and I have no problem doing that. PR was involved. She absolutely wrote the note.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Yes she looked like a bulldog. Clenched jaw, eyes popping out of her head. So posed and ANGRY!!!

(no offense intended towards bull dogs)

Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,717,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

She has a very strange look to her face in every px I've seen of her. The jaw is defiance, well that can be okay depending on what you're fighting for, but I wonder a lot about her history, emotionally speaking, as a child. I haven't read that much detailed information.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
She has a very strange look to her face in every px I've seen of her. The jaw is defiance, well that can be okay depending on what you're fighting for, but I wonder a lot about her history, emotionally speaking, as a child. I haven't read that much detailed information.
Yes and there isn't much to read, I wonder the same thing. Even when she was crying, dressed in black, coming out of one of her daughters two memorial services, she didn't look soft and broken, she looked mean and defiant.

It was as though she was angry because her favorite doll had been taken away.
She wanted to throw the doll around a bit. It wasn't perfect. It wet it's bed. And she was mad! How dare she! This was PATSEY's PLAYTHING!

It was HER child and she was going to do what she wanted with her! Didn't like light brown hair? MAKE IT PALE BLONDE! Hey why not this was Patsey's doll.

I re-read some of the housekeeper's testimony, and it was chillingly on target.

I agree with what she wrote PR never intended to kill her favorite child. Just make it do what she wanted.

I also don't think that she was denied much as a child. She didn't come from much, and she used pageants, as do many a middle and lower middle class women, as a way to earn a scholarship, a bit of fame and entry into society.

I think she was more "spoiled" than abused, but child rearing methods in her day, and especially in the South, were a bit more harsh than is the norm today.

West Virginia is a bit different from Boulder Colorado.

Had to add this. It's very telling that she was burred in FULL PAGEANT REGALIA! Not little girl clothes. Big bleached blond hair, and a pageant dress. I'm almost sure that she had hair extensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.