Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,038,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
"Politics and careers were invested in this case never being solved." Exactly. Vested interest in it not being solved, not prosecuting the guilty parties. Also, I wonder about which parent would have been charged. Hard one. How to prove which one actually did it and which helped cover it up.
As I understand it, now it doesn't matter who did it if they were both at the crime scene then they can both be charged. I don't know if that was in the law back when she was killed though. It is good they have changed the law to include everyone involved in a murder crime.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:16 AM

26,768 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
James Kolar's book "Foreign faction: Who really Killed JonBenet" and his theory involves the family. And he has evidence that Social services was involved prior to the murder, involving family members (i.e., there were prior problems). Kolar does say there will never be justice in this case, and I believe that is accurate, sadly.
Interesting. Look at the video clip in this article about the book: New Clues in JonBenet Ramsey Murder - The Daily Beast

Old 08-03-2012, 06:21 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Possibly reported by MDs in JonBenets 30+ office visits, something she said at school, or even something Burke told a teacher at school. Both are mandated reporters, none of which will speak due to ethics and fear of a Ramsey lawsuit. I'll take a guess whatever the SServices intervention entails, their former family friends the Whites had knowledge of as well. If ever there were a book written by the Whites, it'd be on my to read list.
30+ visits to a physician is a large red flag. Never would occur in a 6 year old unless something very suspicious going on or a documented chronic disease.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times
I agree with that, which is why I suspect Munchousen, with Patty, or sexual abuse...but if there was ongoing sexual abuse, parents usually like to hide that, and don't take kids to the doctor on purpose. Unless Patty was being a "good" Mother, and completely oblivious of the abuse...which is possible. Oblivious, means...yes, I "see" it, and "hear" it...but if I ignore it, it is not really happening.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 AM

What do the Ramsey supporters think about a 6 year old having seen the family doc over 30+ times?? What would you tell yourself to justify that information??

Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
What do the Ramsey supporters think about a 6 year old having seen the family doc over 30+ times?
I wouldn't put myself in the Ramsey supporter camp; I have no idea who killed JonBenet. As has been posted somewhere in this thread, 30 visits spread over that time period came to about once every six weeks. I don't think that frequency is that unusual for kids through the age of six, at least not from what I recall of my own kids' visits to their pediatrician. From what I've read, JB had a lot of bladder infections, which apparently can be a result of a little girl's poor hygiene.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Bedwetting can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse. Urinary infections in children can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse. In this case we have a history of both. And, medical /autopsy reports of chronic inflammation to her genitalia. Now, we have three indicators of sexual abuse. This, logically, cannot be a coincidence. We cannot say for sure who the perpetrator was, but she was abused is a fair logical conclusion to make. Then, the child is murdered. Who would think that her murder was not connected at all to her abuse? Two separate things, possible, but doesn't look like it. So, a stranger abused her, and who then killed her? Another stranger? The stranger who abused her and then got away scott free with both the abuse and the murder? Unlikely to say the least that he/she wouldn't be caught for one of the crimes, either or. Or, family abused her, yet a stranger killed her? It's very logical to make the connection of abuse, people who would abuse her, then turned it to the ultimate abuse, murder. The dysfunctional family knows no bounds and probably murder was an "accident" of rage or part of an abuse scenario.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,038,344 times
Quote:
Bedwetting can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse. Urinary infections in children can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse. In this case we have a history of both. And, medical /autopsy reports of chronic inflammation to her genitalia. Now, we have three indicators of sexual abuse. This, logically, cannot be a coincidence. We cannot say for sure who the perpetrator was, but she was abused is a fair logical conclusion to make. Then, the child is murdered. Who would think that her murder was not connected at all to her abuse? Two separate things, possible, but doesn't look like it. So, a stranger abused her, and who then killed her? Another stranger? The stranger who abused her and then got away scott free with both the abuse and the murder? Unlikely to say the least that he/she wouldn't be caught for one of the crimes, either or. Or, family abused her, yet a stranger killed her? It's very logical to make the connection of abuse, people who would abuse her, then turned it to the ultimate abuse, murder. The dysfunctional family knows no bounds and probably murder was an "accident" of rage or part of an abuse scenario.
I thought that was over a period of three years though? It's not that often for kids being exposed to other sick kids. I think it was a rage murder because of the skull fracture. Obviously she was being sexually abused because of the bed wetting and chronic inflammation to her genitalia, also pooping in her bed is not normal either. Very doubtful a stranger would have had access all those times without someone in the family noticing. Since PR took her to the doctor so much it is likely the school notified the mother that the child had a URI and she felt obligated to take her in for medical care lest she be looked on as a neglectful parent.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I wouldn't put myself in the Ramsey supporter camp; I have no idea who killed JonBenet. As has been posted somewhere in this thread, 30 visits spread over that time period came to about once every six weeks. I don't think that frequency is that unusual for kids through the age of six, at least not from what I recall of my own kids' visits to their pediatrician. From what I've read, JB had a lot of bladder infections, which apparently can be a result of a little girl's poor hygiene.
Mom of four kids, three boys, one girl...and those boys played hockey! I don't remember going to any doctor's office every six weeks...I took my kids, like once a year, if that...at that age, you are done with shots, and if the kids are healthy, which Jon Benet appeared...and there are no reports of any medical situation, like juvenile diabetes...a medical visit, every six weeks, is excessive INMO.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Bedwetting can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse. Urinary infections in children can be a sign of childhood sexual abuse.
Can be but as others have pointed out on this thread, can also can be due to other medical problems (and poor hygiene). There is also conflicting evidence on prior sexual abuse. It's difficult to hard to separate fact from fiction in this case; one can find evidence for almost everything that did or did not happen to this unfortunate child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Mom of four kids - I don't remember going to any doctor's office every six weeks....
I do. Ear infections galore (daycare), re-checks on the antibiotics for that, chicken pox, childhood allergies, broken arms from soccer and rollerskating, immunizations, etc. I felt like I lived there, and so did most of my friends of kids ages 1-6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.