Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

The early evidence seemed to point toward the parents. There was no sign of forced entry into the Ramsey home, no footprints in the snow surrounding it. The rope used to choke JonBenet was tightened with a paintbrush from her mother's hobby kit.

An alleged ransom note (remember, this was first thought to be a kidnapping) was written on a pad of paper from inside the house, and some investigators thought the handwriting looked like Patsy's. It contained details about the family's past and finances that few outside their close circle could have known. And the body was found in a little-used basement room that police didn't even notice at first.

I don't understand why this case hasn't been resolved, doesn't make sense.

The perpetrator had access to the home, they didn't need to slide thru basement windows.

If the reports from Dr Wecht as well as 3 others are correct, they had access to JonBenet for there to be chronic sexual abuse.

Wouldn't the Ramseys know who they'd confided Johns bonus?
There are investigators who believe the perpetrator DID gain access thru/ that window.

The Denver police cleared those charges of sexual molestation. I thought it had been universally accepted that the Ramseys were not suspected of any type of sexual abuse to their child. ???? Wecht never examined JonBenet's body.

If I remember correctly, John Ramsey's bonus was not a big secret - anyone with access to the accounting at his business could have seen that figure. Seems at one point someone explained that the figure was not that hard to come by . . . can't remember those details. I will see if I can find that info, tho, cause I remember wondering about that at the time, too.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here is a CNN report from 1997, saying John Ramsey's son and daughter from his previous mother were with their mother at the time:

JonBenets siblings ruled out as suspects - CNN
There again are inconsistancies in reports, although CNN is reputable.

I read that Burke and John Andrew were outside during some of the immediate investigation after JonBenet was found as though nothing unusal had taken place from more than one source.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Well, I quess you'd have to get inside the mind of a criminal. An outsider would want to cast doubt on the family and choose their risks. Wouldn't they? Sociopaths and pedophiles are clever. Whoever did this had no previous criminal history. The DNA under JonBenets fingernails had no match in the police database, of course DNA not necessarily from the perpetrator.
I just don't see a stranger choosing that risk. Most sexual predators, killers take their victim and go! I see it as more as a biological response--adrenalin , fight or flight response. Not sitting in a house writing a very, very long letter. Even a clever mind can't get past biology.
I think the DNA thing/touch DNA is not that science based and full of flaws as I've read it. It could be a co-incidental finding. Again, the FBI unit for these types of crimes thought staged. I think it said a dozen of them. I think it's a syndrome of "hard to see the forrest because of the trees" with this crime--just too obvious.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
There again are inconsistancies in reports, although CNN is reputable.

I read that Burke and John Andrew were outside during some of the immediate investigation after JonBenet was found as though nothing unusal had taken place from more than one source.
I don't recall reading anything about John Andrew ever being at the house the morning when JonBenet's body was found. Seems like he was flying from Atlanta to the family's resort home on Lake Michigan - and the plans had been for the rest of the family to meet there later in the day.

I do remember reading that Burke went to a friend's house - was shuffled out while police were still on the premises, but don't remember whether that was before or after the body was found.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM

Well, don't know how others may feel about this, but I have never believed JonBenet's murder had anything to do with wanting to sexually molest the child.

I think more than one person was in on this . . . and what started out as possibly a robbery turned into something complicated . . . and so they tried to cover their tracks w/ that ridiculous note.

You know how kids try to sneak around and find out what Santa left them under the tree? I think JonBenet got up and sneaked downstairs to see what "Santa had left" . . . and she encountered someone . . . and you take it from there. All speculation, so the story becomes a fictional account, of course . . . but that is where I would start w/ solving this murder.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I just don't see a stranger choosing that risk. Most sexual predators, killers take their victim and go! I see it as more as a biological response--adrenalin , fight or flight response. Not sitting in a house writing a very, very long letter. Even a clever mind can't get past biology.
I think the DNA thing/touch DNA is not that science based and full of flaws as I've read it. It could be a co-incidental finding. Again, the FBI unit for these types of crimes thought staged. I think it said a dozen of them. I think it's a syndrome of "hard to see the forrest because of the trees" with this crime--just too obvious.

I'm undecided at this point between the family or an outsider.

Predators take risks, they may even get some gratification from it.

We're assuming the letter was written in the house. Theres the possibility it wasn't.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
I'm undecided at this point between the family or an outsider.

Predators take risks, they may even get some gratification from it.

We're assuming the letter was written in the house. Theres the possibility it wasn't.
I am undecided too.....I just can't make up my mind on this case.

I really, really, really want it to be an outsider. It would be so much worse for JonBenet if her parents had been abusing/molesting her all along.

I would much rather think that JonBenet only suffered for an hour instead of suffering long term abuse.

I so hope her life was a happy one, with loving parents, up until that horrible night.

I would be very happy if that DNA "hits" some day, and the monster that did this could be brought to justice. {preferably at the hands of his fellow prisoners}

Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I really, really, really want it to be an outsider. It would be so much worse for JonBenet if her parents had been abusing/molesting her all along.

I would much rather think that JonBenet only suffered for an hour instead of suffering long term abuse.

I so hope her life was a happy one, with loving parents, up until that horrible night.

I would be very happy if that DNA "hits" some day, and the monster that did this could be brought to justice. {preferably at the hands of his fellow prisoners}
Out of reps for you, got to spread the luv around.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Agree with that . . . 100%. Nothing is more heartbreaking than knowing a child has undergone abuse at the hands of people he/she trusts.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
I read that Burke and John Andrew were outside during some of the immediate investigation after JonBenet was found.
A neighbor thought he recalled seeing John Andrew but no one else did. I didn't realize that he was then a student at the University of Colorado. It looks as if John Andrew was cleared as a suspect in 1997. This is an interesting link: s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.