Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,648,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The site that I posted earlier also has a picture of her and a very brief biography.....and a picture of JonBenet's grave, right next to her sister's.

Elizabeth Pasch Ramsey (1969 - 1992) - Find A Grave Memorial
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...imer1_fam.html

John Ramsey has another daughter as well. She was 25 at the time of JonBenets death.

Melinda Ramsey LongJonBenet's half-sister, daughter of John and Lucinda. Melinda was 25 at the time of the murder, and was officially cleared as a suspect. She is a nurse in Atlanta who married Dr. Stewart Long III November 14, 1998 at the First Presbyterian Church of Marietta, Georgia. It is rumored that Melinda quit her nursing job in early 1999

Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,573,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The note was written by a person/people w/ an IQ under 100 who thought they could puff it up to look like larger organization had a hand in it. Or if their IQs are over 100, then they were seriously delusional or on drugs at the time they wrote it.

I can't believe anyone would take it any other way.

why don't you just deal with facts:

FACT: Patsy Ramsey was the only person whose handwriting they could never eliminate from the note. Right down to certain curves of letters, spacing between letters, and indentations of greeting and salutations matching almost perfectly to the millimeter.

Deal with the facts and counter that.

Quote:
Someone had mentioned the "hidden room" JonBenet was found in. I knew that just wasn't right - there was nothing "hidden" about it. It was a wine cellar. However, it was located in the room over from the boiler room, so you would have to walk past that equipment to enter the wine cellar.

she was found only after the SECOND search of the house later that morning, in fact , the cop that went around missed the room for a SECOND time and had to be shown the room by one of John's friends who was walking with the cop thru the house, without that her body wouldn't have been discovered for quite some time.

(that's another FACT of the investigation you missed)

Old 12-01-2011, 02:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,693,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
why don't you just deal with facts:

FACT: Patsy Ramsey was the only person whose handwriting they could never eliminate from the note. Right down to certain curves of letters, spacing between letters, and indentations of greeting and salutations matching almost perfectly to the millimeter.

Deal with the facts and counter that.

Why should I deal with them and counter them? You accept it; I don't. Different analysts come up with different interpretations on handwriting analysis. In addition - You have to ask yourself - why would Patsy have sat there and written that note? And why would her husband allow her to fake a note and turn it over to police? It is nonsensical. You obviously disagree with my point of view. So what? That letter was not enough for anyone to convict Patsy Ramsey of murder, was it?

she was found only after the SECOND search of the house later that morning, in fact , the cop that went around missed the room for a SECOND time and had to be shown the room by one of John's friends who was walking with the cop thru the house, without that her body wouldn't have been discovered for quite some time.

(that's another FACT of the investigation you missed)
Uh, NO, that has nothing to do with what I said. I said the room is not a "hidden room." The room is a WINE CELLAR and obviously, they store WINE in it, and so therefore, it GETS USED - it isn't "HIDDEN."

But as a point of fact . . . The wine cellar had indeed been searched earlier. The police officer who went into the room stated that the room was dark and so evidently, the body was not seen (that was the explanation after-the-fact). The police officer stated later that he had not realized the light switches to the room were OUTSIDE the room and so had not found lights to turn on - and so had not seen the body inside the dark room.

Maybe you need to read some more before jumping up my arse.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A neighbor thought he recalled seeing John Andrew but no one else did. I didn't realize that he was then a student at the University of Colorado. It looks as if John Andrew was cleared as a suspect in 1997. This is an interesting link: s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm
I wonder if any of John Andrew's friends looked sort of like him and could have been mistaken for JA?

Old 12-01-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

This is incorrect too. John and the police officer found JonBenet.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This is incorrect too. John and the police officer found JonBenet.
That is how I understood it happened.

I always wondered, tho . . . if the other officer did go to the wine cellar and not turn on the lights . . . why wouldn't he/she have had a flashlight? I thought flashlights were pretty much "standard issue" to police officers.

That has always bugged me. I kept thinking . . . okay, I can understand not finding the light switches, but why wouldn't you use your flashlight? I wondered for a long time if someone had moved the body while everyone was still in the house. Then I thought - well maybe no one really searched the room and just said they did b/c they didn't want to look inept.

In any case, that detail of the morning's search always bugged me.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I wonder if any of John Andrew's friends looked sort of like him and could have been mistaken for JA?
If you get a chance do read the link CA4NOW posted...

Old 12-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
If you get a chance do read the link CA4NOW posted...
Yes, I did read it. Someone put in a lot of time to put all that together.

Did you take away something from it that reinforced what you already were thinking - or that changed your mind on anything?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Yes, I did read it. Someone put in a lot of time to put all that together.

Did you take away something from it that reinforced what you already were thinking - or that changed your mind on anything?
A number of people had knowledge of how they lived and the inside of the home.

Did you notice how the investigator dwelled on John Andrews suitcase with the Dr Suess book, sham and duvet?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:42 AM

26,894 posts, read 27,090,953 times
Quote:
John Ramsey has another daughter as well. She was 25 at the time of JonBenets death. (Melinda Ramsey Long JonBenet's half-sister, daughter of John and Lucinda)
I had no idea John Ramsey had three children from his first marriage; I'd only heard about two (one of whom died in a car accident).

Interesting: "Melinda Ramsy Long, the daughter of John Ramsey and his first wife was also in Atlanta, with John Andrew Ramsey, when JonBenet was found slain. Long has shied away from the press, but said in a British television documentary that her father, John Ramsey, "has never, ever raised a hand to any of his children. He has never ever abused us in any way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.