Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,667,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. Why would someone else come forward about the Ramseys molesting other people???!
The answer to thats contained in the post you've responded.

Generally one person comes forward and speaks their truth, other victims almost always follow.

No one has come forward naming any of the Ramsey family as their molester, thats doesn't necessarily eliminate one them as being such.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 PM

402 posts, read 591,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Very frequently, when there is a charge made of child molestation, other victims come forward. Most molesters do it to many, many children - not just one. Look at what happened to the Catholic church and the Penn State fiasco. In spite of all the probably misfounded rumors about the Ramsays with their child no body else has come forward to say they had been also molested by them. That seems odd.
I'm aware that people come out of the woodwork but this situation didn't lend itself to that. First of all, the types of kids that likely were playmates of Burke and JonBenet would not be the type to come forward and try to capitalize off of that. Second, not all molesters do it to many children. Some do it only to their own children. Your theory makes no sense and does not change the information that was revealed about JonBenet and the records from her pediatrician.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:13 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,667,847 times
Quote:
I'm aware that people come out of the woodwork but this situation didn't lend itself to that. First of all, the types of kids that likely were playmates of Burke and JonBenet would not be the type to come forward and try to capitalize off of that. Second, not all molesters do it to many children. Some do it only to their own children. Your theory makes no sense and does not change the information that was revealed about JonBenet and the records from her pediatrician.
Sorry to interupt the on going debate....

Good point. My question, why wouldn't a pediatrician report his findings?

Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,037,614 times
Quote:
Most - the overall majority - of molesters do it to more than one kid.

How is your mind working that you think people abused as children get the courage, years later, to confront their abuser and to tell the public what a horror this person was - merely to CAPITALIZE someway, on their misfortune? Not everyone has profit as a motive, what would ever lead you to think that???

Old 11-27-2011, 12:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,125,096 times
Let's not forget that John Ramsey had another daughter.

Elizabeth Pasch Ramsey (1969 - 1992) - Find A Grave Memorial

If John Ramsey was into molesting his daughters.....wouldn't he have molested her to? From all we know, she was living a completely normal, happy life.

In light of the accusations against John.....don't you think someone involved in Elizabeth's life would have come forward if she had exibited any signs of abuse? Family, friends, teachers, doctors?

Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,698,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Let's not forget that John Ramsey had another daughter.

Elizabeth Pasch Ramsey (1969 - 1992) - Find A Grave Memorial

If John Ramsey was into molesting his daughters.....wouldn't he have molested her to? From all we know, she was living a completely normal, happy life.

In light of the accusations against John.....don't you think someone involved in Elizabeth's life would have come forward if she had exibited any signs of abuse? Family, friends, teachers, doctors?
I knew he had a son and daughter from a previous marriage but I was unaware the daughter died...how sad.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:07 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,575,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Very frequently, when there is a charge made of child molestation, other victims come forward. Most molesters do it to many, many children - not just one. Look at what happened to the Catholic church and the Penn State fiasco. In spite of all the probably misfounded rumors about the Ramsays with their child no body else has come forward to say they had been also molested by them. That seems odd.
that does not mean the parents weren't involved in her murder in some way however....

stop beating a dead horse, all your comments only make sense in the context of Mr Stranger Danger (which is responsible for 10% of such cases) and no Mr S.D. would sit down and write a 3 page note on house stationary in an obvious attempt to throw the trail off the parents and at the same time mimic Patsy's handwriting, letter spacing, indentation & salutation spacing down to the several millimeters.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,736,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
that does not mean the parents weren't involved in her murder in some way however....

stop beating a dead horse, all your comments only make sense in the context of Mr Stranger Danger (which is responsible for 10% of such cases) and no Mr S.D. would sit down and write a 3 page note on house stationary in an obvious attempt to throw the trail off the parents and at the same time mimic Patsy's handwriting, letter spacing, indentation & salutation spacing down to the several millimeters.
Oh good grief.

The whole thing about that letter . . . just stop and think about that for even one minute. Do you think a CEO of a corporation would be stupid enough to have (or go along with!) a letter that basically made very little sense and was written on notepad paper from the Ramsey's house? I mean - REALLY?

If you were gonna do something to "throw people off the track" - you wouldn't write a crazy sounding letter to show to police, especially naming an exact amount equivalent to a bonus check as the ransom. HELLO. Even on the surface, anyone could see that was a set up.

You know . . . it makes me wonder how people's minds work to even seize on and accept the outrageous crap that the amateurs at Boulder police dept/DA's office leaked to the public - and was then turned into a circus by the media.

Would YOU be so stupid as to write a letter like that - pages????? - trying to disguise your handwriting - if you had murdered your own child? HELL NO. If you wrote ANYTHING it would be a few words in block letters. Think about that for a moment.

The person who wrote that letter had made himself at home in their house while they were gone. Have you never had someone hide in your house? I HAVE! IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I knew he had a son and daughter from a previous marriage but I was unaware the daughter died...how sad.
Yes, she was killed in a car accident.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Thanks for posting that. Great summary of how a handful of blowhards have shaped the opinion of nearly an entire nation.
I am a former newspaper and magazine editor. Believe me, I know how things get shaped just to grab a headline (by editors who are more interested in sensationalism than facts). I sat in disbelief as things unfolded in this case. I was horrified at how distorted information was reported.

Anyone else noticed how vicious the public can turn on folks who have wealth? It seems there is a segment of the population who thrive on tearing down and maligning families who appear to "have it all." Some people delight in saying "look! it wasn't so great after all! They are molesters!" That way, their own small lives don't look so small . . . they can console themselves that they couldn't live like John and Patsy Ramsey but on the other hand - they are not molesters like those horrible rich people! The Ramseys may have the best Christmas parties and decorations in town but Patsy must have been a monster on the inside - probably beating her child to death b/c she was a bed wetter! (and other such totally ridiculous insinuations).

It is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime