Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Ok, fair enough. But you know as well as I do that at least a disproportionate number of incidents like this, are later traced to black youths who have a desire to provoke a racial incident. Remember back in the 80's and the church burnings? It turned out it was mostly blacks who burned black churches, and whites who burned white ones.

Why would I think it was your fault? My point is, I can find nothing at all about this incident in the Plano newspapers. And don't you think that it would only stand to reason -- as to how the media loves to cover anything remotely suggestive of a "hate crime" they would have done so? However, if you can provide a link -- either news or police reports -- then I will gladly and publicly apologize.
No, the perps weren't blacks who were looking to "stir up trouble." No surprise you'd think somehing like that. Sorry to burst your bubble. Yes, there are those who do things like that (which is unfortunate), but that wasn't the case in my situation. And I am not about to post info on a message board that could possibly reveal my identity (for privacy reasons). If you think I'm making it up, so be it. I know you have a constant need to belittle and dismiss other people's experiences that conflict with your neo-con, revisionist worldview or your belief that all white southerners are virtuous and righteous. And before you try to turn this around on me, no, I don't think that all Southern whites are evil racists or do I think all blacks are righteous

Quote:
And if you want to wallow in victimization the rest of your life, then hey, go for it. At the opposite end of the spectrum? Please don't expect that I (or most of us out here) will perpetually wallow in the hog-trough of "white guilt". As said, it is getting old, and tiring, and the term "racism" has become so overdone it is a joke.

I am not "lecturing you". Geez. I am simply pointing out a different perspective on it all. You can take it or leave it...and that is fine, far as that goes. I said before I respect your intelligence and opinions, even if I vehemently disagree with them. Personally, I can easily see us having a drink together and talking congenially. I don't have a problem with that at all.

On a related tangent, what is "my world"? Actually, it sounds like your world is the one more akin to Alice in Wonderland.

But on another related tangent? You say you couldn't care less about my or anyone else being "sick of" anything. BUT? What if society just got sick of it? Do you support a quota hiring system (euphemistically known as "Affirmative Action"?). If so, fine...but it is not my opinion that matters...it is what you could do -- no, COULD do -- if suddenly - it got scrapped. Black conservatives (such as Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Shelby Foote, etc) have warned about this for YEARS. (BTW -- I wish Thomas Sowell would run for president...he would get my vote in a heart-beat! )

But anyway, in a nutshell, it boils down to that a large segement of the African-American community has become so dependent upon government assistance and affirmative action, that they have come to take it for granted and never consider what would happen if hey, all of a sudden, those old racists just decided it didn't exist anymore and no reason why it should. THEN, they could scream "racism" until Hell freezes over...and it would do a lick of good. Would it? Empower yourselves...is the point those astute black conservatives have been saying for years...and well should and well right...
...And as for the rest of your rambling essay, I'm hardly anyone's victim (considering how long I've been posting on here, you should know better), couldn't care less about "white guilt," and most of what you're writing are issues I've bought up online and in real life, so I don't need your patronizing lecture because last time I checked, I'm not a spokesperson for the entire black community any more than you're a spokesperson for all conservative southern whites, so save your projection for someone else. It's not my problem if you seem to think that injustice against blacks no longer exists. Again, for the record (because I know your propensity to try and turn things around on people), I don't think all whites are racist nor do I think all blacks are righteous.

Now I know you have the constant need to have the last word or berate your opponents into submission in order to "win" an argument, but I have a flight to catch early in the morning, so either make it quick or save it for next time.

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 07-19-2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,601,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
No, the perps weren't blacks who were looking to "stir up trouble." No surprise you'd think somehing like that. Sorry to burst your bubble. Yes, there are those who do things like that (which is unfortunate), but that wasn't the case in my situation. And I am not about to post info on a message board that could possibly reveal my identity (for privacy reasons). If you think I'm making it up, so be it. I know you have a constant need to belittle and dismiss other people's experiences that conflict with your neo-con, revisionist worldview or your belief that all white southerners are virtuous and righteous. And before you try to turn this around on me, no, I don't think that all Southern whites are evil racists or do I think all blacks are righteous
You seem to deliberately misunderstand (which I can't blame you). All I am asking is was the incident reported and is there a police record of it? I can understand (very easily understand, in fact) you wanting to remain anonymous. BUT...I also said that incidents like this almost always get a great amount of media attention. But I can find no record of it at all...(and I have family/friends in the Plano area) who never heard of it.

I am not saying you are "making it up"...I am just saying you provide very, very, little information beyond your own word, that it happened. If you don't want to reveal the police report (if one was made), then can you give the dates when (if reported) would have made the news even if in print?

Quote:
And as for the rest of your rambling essay, I'm hardly anyone's victim (considering how long I've been posting on here, you should know better), couldn't care less about "white guilt," and most of what you're writing are issues I've bought up online and in real life, so I don't need your patronizing lecture because last time I checked, I'm not a spokesperson for the entire black community any more than you're a spokesperson for all conservative southern whites, so save your projection for someone else. It's not my problem if you seem to think that injustice against blacks no longer exists. Again, for the record (because I know your propensity to try and turn things around on people), I don't think all whites are racist nor do I think all blacks are righteous.
No nation in and/or on the history of this earth has done more to "correct" past "injustices" against minorities. Matter of fact, the slant now is at the detriment of white kids...who grew up long after a time even Jim Crow in the South had long ceaced to exist. And if you really want to get into that? Want to discuss the black on white murder and crime rate as comparred to that of the opposite?

I am not patronizing you. I am simply letting you know in pure and simple language, I am not intimidated nor impressed with past horror stories of race-relations.

Quote:
Now I know you have the constant need to have the last word or berate your opponents into submission in order to "win" an argument, but I have a flight to catch early in the morning, so either make it quick or save it for next time.
God speed and be safe on your trip. But dont presume to set the terms of the debate. Tell you what? YOU rejoin, when you return safely. Again, God Bless!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:38 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,799,357 times

MOD NOTE:

This thread has run its course.

THREAD CLOSED

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-26-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas