Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 01:12 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,950,228 times

Advertisements

New Residential Project in Uptown area

Flora Lofts in the Arts District

Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
A lot of these towers going up in Downtown/Uptown Dallas are as big as the new towers going up in the EC right now. Some nice looking towers though.
right? thats like what, Houstons 6th biggest skyline? theres definitely quite a difference in the Dallas skyscraper market vs Houstons market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Austin's Frost Tower looks 1000 times better IMO.
agreed.. thats one of my favorite buildings in Austin. too bad they came up with such a mediocre design for Dallas.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
New Residential Project in Uptown area

Flora Lofts in the Arts District
there are development projects like this going up all over Houston. i was just focusing on some of the larger projects and towers.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
there are development projects like this going up all over Houston. i was just focusing on some of the larger projects and towers.
Here's the larger projects

The Taylor Building

Old Dallas High School Development

There's so many residential housing projects in Uptown/Oak Lawn that I can't keep up with it. There's more condos being built in North Texas than single family houses.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 PM

420 posts, read 706,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Houston, IMHO, is right up there with LA and New York City in terms of culture, world-class restaurants and entertainment.
I've seen some pretty big and unbelievable exaggerations from the homers on both sides, but I think this one takes the cake.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:45 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
right? thats like what, Houstons 6th biggest skyline? theres definitely quite a difference in the Dallas skyscraper market vs Houstons market.

agreed.. thats one of my favorite buildings in Austin. too bad they came up with such a mediocre design for Dallas.
Just for the record...This Frost building is being built in the themed masterplanned "Harwood district" the buildings will all look similar to each other when this area is built out...They wanted to keep it in the guidelines of the whole district...not some odd "Tacky" design just to beat Austins Architecture...Our frost building will look fine up against the rest of the Harwood district.

Harwood District - Harwood International

Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Quote:
ragreed.. thats one of my favorite buildings in Austin. too bad they came up with such a mediocre design for Dallas.
Yeah Austin has us beat but at least it will be better than San Antonio's or Houston's.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
I've seen some pretty big and unbelievable exaggerations from the homers on both sides, but I think this one takes the cake.
thats coming from a Dallas poster. what is such an unbelievable exaggeration about that? Houston is the most diverse big city in the US. we have more theater seats than all but one other city in the US. not to mention Houston is known for its restaurants, so im not sure what part of that statement was false?

Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Just for the record...This Frost building is being built in the themed masterplanned "Harwood district" the buildings will all look similar to each other when this area is built out...They wanted to keep it in the guidelines of the whole district...not some odd "Tacky" design just to beat Austins Architecture...Our frost building will look fine up against the rest of the Harwood district.

Harwood District - Harwood International
I was just about to post something about the Harwood District.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Downtown Dallas development surges with new deals

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-new-deals.ece

Quote:
After taking time off for the recession, developers are rushing to get the next generation of downtown Dallas real estate projects underway. At least two dozen developments are either in the works or planned to start soon — including new hotel space, apartments and remodeled office skyscrapers.

Downtown Dallas Inc., the economic development group that promotes the central business district, estimates that during the last decade there have been more than $2 billion in investments downtown. It says an additional $1 billion in projects are now planned.

Under construction

1. Lone Star Gas buildings (apartments)

2. Farmers Market Square (townhouses)

3. 2100 Ross Avenue (office renovation)

4. Joule Hotel expansion

5. One Dallas Center (office and residential renovation)

6. Plaza of the Americas (office and retail renovation)

7. Reunion Tower (renovation)

8. Homestead Suites (renovation)

9. Bank of America Plaza (office renovation)

Planned

10. Hall Arts Center (office)

11. UNT-Dallas Law School

12. Omni retail, office and parking

13. Farmers Market Apartments

14. Tower Petroleum Building (apartments)

15. Purse Building (apartments)

16. Dallas High School (apartments)

17. LTV Tower (apartments)

18. Flora Lofts (apartments)

19. 511 S. Ervay (renovation)

20. Fairfield Apartments

21. Two Arts Plaza (office and retail)

22. The Spire (office)

23. Statler Hilton (apartments)

24. 211 N. Ervay (renovation)

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas