Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 03:54 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,952,165 times

Advertisements

Well in other news...........Dallas is starting to densfiy

Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,273,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Can we get back to skylines and developments please? Congratulations on your 2000th post stoneclaw
Thanks Dallaz/ladarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
but the difference is...all of Dallas' hot spots are still the same from 10 15 years ago...maybe 20 years ago...Deep ellum, Main street, mckinney ave, Lower greenville, Knox Henderson, Oak lawn, Addison,...This never changes........A person comes to Dallas and Knows that these are the areas to go to.
I'm afraid that's really no difference. Most of those clubs that exist in those spots are remains from the way it was 10-15 years ago. Just like downtown and Main Street in Houston has a few bars like St German and a block over as remainders from Main Street 10 yrs ago (which is in the process of coming back btw!) Richmond Avenue/Fountainview in Houston still has things from its past and new things still opening up.

Quote:
Oh and Dallas hasnt hosted the super bowl, big 12, NBA all-Star game within the same amount of time?
Yes but not back to back! And no MLB. You said that Dallas is more awesome. Well, i'ma take it to high school and college on you. The coolest person knew how to throw the best parties, and it was the coolest most awesomest person that people kept coming back to!

I'm just having fun. I figure i can join you in the arrogance and pride of my city.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:59 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
this was the last line of your post before you edited it to change a fact to an opinion.

Quote:
Both cities are awsome Dallas is just more awsome....
Quote:
Foutain place and Penzoil place are indeed similar with Fountain Place being way better looking...Penzoil Place looks like...well....used motor oil poured in tall glass triangular structures...
Quote:
And it was then that I realized how much better Dallas was.
Quote:
DART and the State Fair are both still better than Metro and the Rodeo.

you dont state opinions like they are facts?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
When i got home I continued the trend and stayed a club head. I went to Main Street sports bar($2 u call it on wed) Club Nairobi, Palm Beach and later Club Blue and Purgatory. All of those clubs we're JUMPING and all on main sreet in Downtown Dallas. We were all over the place in Houston.
Quote:
but the difference is...all of Dallas' hot spots are still the same from 10 15 years ago...maybe 20 years ago...Deep ellum, Main street, mckinney ave, Lower greenville, Knox Henderson, Oak lawn, Addison,...This never changes........A person comes to Dallas and Knows that these are the areas to go to.
oh so now the Dallas hot spots are spread out across Deep Ellum, Main, Mckinney, Lower Greenville, Henderson, Oak Lawn, and Addison? you just got finished telling us how centralized all of the Dallas clubs were on the main street. you sure are good at changing your tune.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM

So, I guess we're not going to get back on topic..........

Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,273,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
this was the last line of your post before you edited it to change a fact to an opinion.
I thought i noticed something different when I re-read that post. If he had said it like that the first time, I wouldn't have gone where I did!

But its still fun nonetheless.

And Dallaz, Dallas has been densifying

Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Thanks Dallaz/ladarron

You're welcome

Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
So, I guess we're not going to get back on topic..........
i would love to get back on topic. im a huge skyscraper dork.. just having too much fun with dallasboi and all of his ridiculous remarks.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I thought i noticed something different when I re-read that post. If he had said it like that the first time, I wouldn't have gone where I did!

But its still fun nonetheless.

And Dallaz, Dallas has been densifying
Houston and Dallas are really starting to focus more on the urban core. I'm glad we are starting to build up and not out like we have been doing in the past.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
i would love to get back on topic. im a huge skyscraper dork.. just having too much fun with dallasboi and all of his ridiculous remarks.
Bro, me too. I can talk about skyscrapers all day long......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas