Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 12:19 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I think people focus WAY to much on the Chase tower when they are looking at the Houston skyline. I know its the tallest but Houston does indeed have some very interesting buildings.

The Historical Beauty

I like Chase Tower. Its the tallest 5 sided building in the World. Wish they would light a vertical strip of blue up & down the crease on the side. Those Christmas lights on top look so cheap. They should be ashamed of themselves for not designing cool lighting on the tallest building in Texas.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I like Chase Tower. Its the tallest 5 sided building in the World. Wish they would light a vertical strip of blue up & down the crease on the side. Those Christmas lights on top look so cheap. They should be ashamed of themselves for not designing cool lighting on the tallest building in Texas.
ive always thought lighting up the 5th side would be a cool addition too. maybe/hopefully whenever they renovate it they will implement some better lighting, especially if International Tower gets built with its color changing LEDs up the side of the sail.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
ive always thought lighting up the 5th side would be a cool addition too. maybe/hopefully whenever they renovate it they will implement some better lighting, especially if International Tower gets built with its color changing LEDs up the side of the sail.
A vertical flood of blue LED's up & down those 2 indents (1 pictured here) similar to the Chase building in Dallas would totally transform Houston's night skyline. It would make it look even taller at night. The way it is now looks ominous because its all dark with just the office lights on inside.

waymarking.com

Last edited by Metro Matt; 07-31-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM

that would be a nice, one could only hope. or they could go all out a la Omni in Dallas with color changing strips of LEDS up the rows of facade between the windows on the 5th side. that would be way over the top though, and probably look a little weird being lit up that much on only one side, so the more subtle blue, or rows of vertical lighting up the crevices would be better IMO.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
that would be a nice, one could only hope. or they could go all out a la Omni in Dallas with color changing strips of LEDS up the rows of facade between the windows on the 5th side. that would be way over the top though, and probably look a little weird being lit up that much on only one side, so the more subtle blue, or rows of vertical lighting up the crevices would be better IMO.
It sucks, but lighting is always an after thought in Houston. Most of the time they never get it right & it comes out looking worse than before.

Dallas meticulously plans theirs way before the building is even built which is something I have to respect them for.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
What's historical about those buildings?

I was just talking about the 700 Louisiana but it turns out that its not a land mark. Not surprising I was wrong because I was relying on Sim City as a source apparently...

Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I was just talking about the 700 Louisiana but it turns out that its not a land mark. Not surprising I was wrong because I was relying on Sim City as a source apparently...
sim city, lol.

agreed, Metro Matt. that after thought trend appears to be finally changing though with the International Tower. the renderings for Hines new tower make it seem like it will be lit up with flood lights or something but that may just be to make the building stand out in the renderings.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times

There's NO WAY to pretty this one up...its hideous from every angle....tall tho.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,952,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
There's NO WAY to pretty this one up...its hideous from every angle....tall tho.
I'm saying. They should have made it a 4 sided box, it would have looked way better.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I'm saying. They should have made it a 4 sided box, it would have looked way better.
but then it would of just been another boring box. now its at least a little unique in having a corner sliced off, and with that being the tallest 5 sided building in the world. as for prettying it up, were talking lighting, which obviously is only going to be seen at night, when you cant tell what the building looks like anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas