Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Trust me ive been to Houston a plethora of times since then...and even though Houston has grown alot and has gotten better; Its still developing the same. Clubs are still cross town from each other. DART and the State Fair are both still better than Metro and the Rodeo.
Man..... that's your Dallas bias talking.

Houston and Dallas develop in the same fashion. Just like Deep Ellum was the hot spot at one time, the club scene moved around to a different area. Richmond Ave was the hot spot, then it moved downtown Main Street. After Main Street fizzled, then it's Washington Ave. (which is several miles from downtown like Lower Greenville from downtown Dallas) Dallas has clubs in Uptown, just as the club presence in Midtown Houston (especially off Bagby) is popping quite a bit... until the scene moves again. Just like it does in Dallas.

You have proven your arrogance of Dallas and ignorance of Houston to a higher level this time. I don't care how many times you claim you've been here, it shows you know absolutely nothing about recent Houston if you think the club developments here are vastly different than up there.

I remember you telling me to leave my Houston bias at home during my visit to Dallas. Looks like you do what you do and not what you say!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post

Houston and Dallas develop in the same fashion. Just like Deep Ellum was the hot spot at one time, the club scene moved around to a different area. Richmond Ave was the hot spot, then it moved downtown Main Street. After Main Street fizzled, then it's Washington Ave. (which is several miles from downtown like Lower Greenville from downtown Dallas) Dallas has clubs in Uptown, just as the club presence in Midtown Houston (especially off Bagby) is popping quite a bit... until the scene moves again. Just like it does in Dallas.

You have proven your arrogance of Dallas and ignorance of Houston to a higher level this time. I don't care how many times you claim you've been here, it shows you know absolutely nothing about recent Houston if you think the club developments here are vastly different than up there.

I remember you telling me to leave my Houston bias at home during my visit to Dallas. Looks like you do what you do and not what you say!
I leave my Dallas bias at home everytime I visit Houston..Thats why I have a good time everytime I go. I really like Houston and love visiting.
It doesn't change the fact that I like Dallas a whole lot better though...Both cities are awsome Dallas is just more awsome....To ME.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Please quit stating your opinions like they are facts... It's rather annoying.
How am I stating them as facts?....why are you annoyed??...Go wash your face with some cold water and then come back to your computer....no reason to be annoyed..........

Old 06-28-2013, 03:35 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
And Houston is "more awesome" to me. It doesn't make either of our opinions right or wrong, it just means we both have different preferences.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:36 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
How am I stating them as facts?....why are you annoyed??...Go wash your face with some cold water and then come back to your computer....no reason to be annoyed..........
You changed your post after I posted that. When I'm not on my cell phone ill elaborate

Old 06-28-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
And Houston is "more awesome" to me. It doesn't make either of our opinions right or wrong, it just means we both have different preferences.
I only stated that in respose to stoneclaw...did you read what he posted first...gosh!!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
I leave my Dallas bias at home everytime I visit Houston..Thats why I have a good time everytime I go.
It doesent change the fact that I like Dallas a whole lot better...Both cities are awsome Dallas is just more awsome.
Nope. Sorry. Houston is more awesome! That's why its hosted the superbowl, 2 NBA All Star Games, NCAA Final Four, MLB All Stars all inside of a 9 year period, constantly beats out Dallas as a contestant when competing for Olymics, and just landed the 2017 SB.

Looks like to those that make the most impact don't really think Dallas really knows how to throw a party!

************** 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******************

Old 06-28-2013, 03:44 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Can we get back to skylines and developments please? Congratulations on your 2000th post stoneclaw

Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:

but the difference is...all of Dallas' hot spots are still the same from 10 15 years ago...maybe 20 years ago...Deep ellum, Main street, mckinney ave, Lower greenville, Knox Henderson, Oak lawn, Addison,...This never changes........A person comes to Dallas and Knows that these are the areas to go to.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Nope. Sorry. Houston is more awesome! That's why its hosted the superbowl, 2 NBA All Star Games, NCAA Final Four, MLB All Stars all inside of a 9 year period, constantly beats out Dallas as a contestant when competing for Olymics, and just landed the 2017 SB.

Looks like to those that make the most impact don't really think Dallas really knows how to throw a party!

************** 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******************
Oh and Dallas hasnt hosted the super bowl, big 12, NBA all-Star game within the same amount of time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas