Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 05:08 PM

146 posts, read 353,091 times

Advertisements

Renovation, Redevelopment & Smaller Projects for Downtown

800 Bell, 2015 Start

JW Marriott - 806 Main, Under Renovation

Mickey Leland Federation Building, Under Renovation

Texaco Building, Under Renovation

Flagship Holiday Inn (Formerly Savoy Hotel), Under Renovation - Rendering N/A

State National Bank BUilding, Planned - Rendering N/A

500 Crawford, Under Construction

Main & Leeland, Under Construction

UH Parking Garage & Greeting Center, Under Construction

HSPVA Campus, Planned (Rendering subject to change)

Nau Center for Texas Cultural Heritage, Planned

GreenStreet, Under Renovation

Allen Center Redevelopment, Planned

Downtown Retail District, Planned

Central Library Plaza, Planned

Old 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM

568 posts, read 902,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Reading comprehension? I think you are the you are the one defunct of literary skills sprinkled in with a mild case of a mental disorder. That's like stabbing someone and then saying I'm sorry. You are the one who derailed the topic. What's to comprehend about that?
I don't think you know what derailed means. A couple posts is hardly worthy of being called derailed but we are on the verge of doing it now. Do you want to continue this peeing race because you were insulted by my original statement? Insecure much?

Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 PM

286 posts, read 407,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
I don't think you know what derailed means. A couple posts is hardly worthy of being called derailed but we are on the verge of doing it now. Do you want to continue this peeing race because you were insulted by my original statement? Insecure much?
Insulted? I don't think you or I are real estate developers, so why would I be insulted over buildings that were here before I was born? Calling my children ugly would be an insult. Try having a life outside of city data.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 PM

568 posts, read 902,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Insulted? I don't think you or I are real estate developers, so why would I be insulted over buildings that were here before I was born? Calling my children ugly would be an insult. Try having a life outside of city data.
I never said anything about buildings. Also this is probably the longest conversation I've had on city-data so I am pretty sure I do have a life outside this site. And it's not a hard concept to understand how one could feel insulted when someone makes a remark about their city.

Oh and great post Urbannizer; I have to spread reputation points around before repping you again.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM

18 posts, read 26,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
That's not relevant to Chevron because they are not really competing for tenants.
Chevron does't look at their buildings downtown as skyscrapers. They would argue that they aren't bucking the trend of developing so-called "life" centers just as Exxon is doing the same out in the Woodlands. Chevron just so happened to decide to choose downtown Houston for their campus of buildings.

By a super tall, I wasn't even considering Chevron, but I was just asking whether the Houston economy and the market of downtown Houston in particular can support the building of a super tall. Isn't that between 2 to 2.5 million square feet? Add that to the office space that is already planned for downtown Houston. Back during the early eighties, there weren't near as many competing office markets in the Houston area competing with downtown Houston.

Woodlands wasn't much of anything. Ditto Westchase. The Energy Corridor was just getting going.

In Dallas, I'm sure Perot is going to design a super tall for a plot of land that has no height restriction proposing it just for the heck of it just in case there is a large corporation planning to relocate to Dallas needing a lot of space.

Or, as I point out, AT&T might decide to remain in downtown Dallas trading its business address it has now for more of a visible, iconic building.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,791,422 times
Farmers Market District
No large buildings in this district, but definitely one of the most positive dramatic changes I have seen in downtown Dallas due to the huge amount of residential projects that have covered what used to be one of the least developed areas of downtown Dallas. The residential buildings that have been built here have been a big hit and that's why we continue to see more. The great thing is a lot of these residential buildings are more affordable than what can be found on the other side of the CBD.

Farmers Market Circle - Under Construction

Shed 3 & 4 Redevelopment - Under Construction

Taylor & Pearl Redevelopment - Under Construction

Shed 1 Redevlopment - Under Construction

Shed 2 Redevelopment - Under Construction

Old 12-16-2013, 07:08 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,378,952 times

Turtle Creek Winter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:10 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,785,388 times
^ I was contemplating posting that very same picture! He's captured quite a number of snow scenes in Dallas.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:23 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,310,096 times
I love the Upscale/Urban vibe in Uptown.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,785,388 times
For me, uptown is the crown jewel of the urban core. It's very energizing. Also, with all of the current construction Uptown is seeming to return to it's 2008-boom construction rate…

Last edited by BCB; 12-16-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas