Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 12:43 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RompingWillyBilly View Post
Will all these developments get built with the Houston economy slowin
who said the Houston economy was slowing down? the office market will probably slow down until the market absorbs all of the projected new space (granted about a million sq ft of space was absorbed in one day with a few separate announcements last week). but if you didnt notice, over half of those projects are residential, and the residential market in Houston is not slowing down anytime soon with the current rate of 1 million+ people moving here every decade.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:48 AM

286 posts, read 407,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Why not cross it on a bridge built with a clever, but less presumptuous design? No one's saying Dallas doesn't need a bridge. They just don't need that one. Do you comprehend?
Are you paying any taxes towards said bridge? So why in sam's hell are you worried about it's concept or cost? Wake me when Houston's city government invests in developments the way Dallas' has. Houston for years has built on the cheap, that's why you guys city looks butt ugly and bland. Nothing stands out about Houston.

Last edited by curtbr72; 12-15-2013 at 01:12 AM..

Old 12-15-2013, 12:55 AM

18 posts, read 26,242 times
Default You can't be seroous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
smhhh.. when i said Houston i meant H-O-U-S-T-O-N... just as when most of you say Dallas your actually referring to DFW.

btw, Houston (the city) doesnt have signature bridges?

they will look even nicer when the new LED lighting is installed on the arches.

of course they arent. there is nothing to hate on about the Houston bridge. it was built at a reasonable cost, is unique, and we never hyped it up like its the best thing since sliced bread. i can guarentee you if there were half as many press releases and publicity surrounding the Houston bridge when it first opened as their were the Dallas bridge, plenty of Dallasites would of raised an eyebrow or two.
I can remember reading that those bridges would allow the freeway to be widened, hov lanes to run down the middle, and raise up the bridge. Trucks with permit loads going at a high rate of speed would ram into the older bridges.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:08 AM

Default the chronicle reported that the houston economy is slowing

Quote:
who said the Houston economy was slowing down? the office market will probably slow down until the market absorbs all of the projected new space (granted about a million sq ft of space was absorbed in one day with a few separate announcements last week). but if you didnt notice, over half of those projects are residential, and the residential market in Houston is not slowing down anytime soon with the current rate of 1 million+ people moving here every decade.
While the economy is still dynamic, perhaps ot has slowed enough to cause cancellations in development.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDallasGirl View Post
I'm in college. I don't have a car and occasionally find myself taking a bus to Dallas when I wanna go home.
Every time we are driving down 35 and we get to Dallas, people literally start taking pictures and hanging their mouths in awe at how pretty the Skyline is.
Especially since they've relit the BoA Tower, no other city in Texas has a comparable one.
The only people who say the Houston Skyline is the best skyline are... People from Houston.
Dallss's Skyline is not only breath-taking and fabulous in every way, it is recognized by nearly anybody who sees it thanks to that TV Show. lol.
you wouldnt happen to be blonde would you? but for real, whats up with all the ridiculous posts? im interested to know where the people on this bus you speak of are coming from. i guess i could see them being in awe if they were from BFE oklahoma or something..

Houstons skyline dominates Dallas in the daytime, but Dallas has the edge at night with all the lighting. multiple outsiders have come into this thread to give their opinion and have stated that they think the Houston skyline is better and dont understand why the thread is so long. lol

Dallas' skyline is definitely nice, but breathtaking? haha.. unfortunately less than 3 million people watch that show Dallas to actually recognize the skyline... thats only 1 out of every 2,000 people that MIGHT recognize the skyline. "nearly anybody".. your right about the "LOL", your statement was definitely a joke.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 AM

286 posts, read 407,050 times
Quote:
you wouldnt happen to be blonde would you? but for real, whats up with all the ridiculous posts? im interested to know where the people on this bus you speak of are coming from. i guess i could see them being in awe if they were from BFE oklahoma or something..

Houstons skyline dominates Dallas in the daytime, but Dallas has the edge at night with all the lighting. multiple outsiders have come into this thread to give their opinion and have stated that they think the Houston skyline is better and dont understand why the thread is so long. lol

Dallas' skyline is definitely nice, but breathtaking? haha.. unfortunately less than 3 million people watch that show Dallas to actually recognize the skyline... thats only 1 out of every 2,000 people that MIGHT recognize the skyline. "nearly anybody".. your right about the "LOL", your statement was definitely a joke.
I was going to ask you the same question.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:30 AM

Default The grid of downtown Dallas is offset at angles allowing more of the buildings to be seen at one time.

Quote:

That isn't true with Houstons square grid. And more of the older buildings have been prettied up and refurbished
in downtown Dallas.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Are you paying any taxes towards said bridge? So why in sam's hell are you worried about it's concept or cost? Wake me when Houston's city government invests in developments the way Dallas' has. Houston for years has built on the cheap, that's why you guys city looks butt ugly and bland. Nothing stands out about Houston.
LMAO... its about time we broke you. let us know how you really feel..

Old 12-15-2013, 01:51 AM

32 posts, read 57,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RompingWillyBilly View Post
While the economy is still dynamic, perhaps ot has slowed enough to cause cancellations in development.
So, you tell us which developments in Houston have been cancelled recently. Are economy is still doing better than most cities in the U.S. There are other, smaller cities that have a lot of development going on with an economy not as great as ours.

Last edited by kateyk; 12-15-2013 at 02:19 AM..

Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDallasGirl View Post
I'm in college. I don't have a car and occasionally find myself taking a bus to Dallas when I wanna go home.
Every time we are driving down 35 and we get to Dallas, people literally start taking pictures and hanging their mouths in awe at how pretty the Skyline is.
Especially since they've relit the BoA Tower, no other city in Texas has a comparable one.
The only people who say the Houston Skyline is the best skyline are... People from Houston.
Dallss's Skyline is not only breath-taking and fabulous in every way, it is recognized by nearly anybody who sees it thanks to that TV Show. lol.
A bunch of boxy glass buildings along the open prairie's horizon...yeah that's breath taking alright.

Dallas' skyline is rather compact from most angles. Houston's is broad from every angle.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 12-15-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas