Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 06:43 PM

32 posts, read 57,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannnizer View Post
609 Main at Texas: New Rendering

Model:

Wow, amazing design.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,378,401 times
There's a lot to like about 609 Main. Very attractive.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannnizer View Post
609 Main at Texas: New Rendering

Model:

That building is sexy!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times
yep, im super excited about that one. its going to be a beauty! pretty tall too. i wish Chevron tower had a better design, especially if its going to end up being 60+ floors. oh well, the south side of downtown needs something taller than 700'.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
AT&T needs to replace their corporate campus so we can have a new skyscraper as well. Whitacre Tower (One AT&T Plaza) and Two AT&T Plaza were built in 1984 and the two other buildings were built in 1948 and 1928 (Three and Four AT&T Plaza)

Whitacre Tower-580 ft
Two AT&T Plaza-329.81 ft
Three AT&T Plaza-302.33 ft
Four AT&T Plaza-192.39 ft

If all of this space was put into one building, we would have a supertall.

Last edited by Dallaz; 12-17-2013 at 07:33 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 07:34 PM

12 posts, read 27,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
you wouldnt happen to be blonde would you? but for real, whats up with all the ridiculous posts? im interested to know where the people on this bus you speak of are coming from. i guess i could see them being in awe if they were from BFE oklahoma or something..

Houstons skyline dominates Dallas in the daytime, but Dallas has the edge at night with all the lighting. multiple outsiders have come into this thread to give their opinion and have stated that they think the Houston skyline is better and dont understand why the thread is so long. lol

Dallas' skyline is definitely nice, but breathtaking? haha.. unfortunately less than 3 million people watch that show Dallas to actually recognize the skyline... thats only 1 out of every 2,000 people that MIGHT recognize the skyline. "nearly anybody".. your right about the "LOL", your statement was definitely a joke.
No, I'm not blonde.
I'm not going to lie: The Houston skyline is beautiful! I drove through Houston at night a couple of years ago and was actually surprised at how gorgeous it was. Slightly OT, but Houston is continuously insulted by all the other cities as being too big,too dirty, and too ugly (I hear this one A LOT), soo... when I saw their skyline, I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed because as you all know, the skyline is the face of a city. Ever since then, whenever people I know say something about how hideous Houston is, I will happily defend Houston when I say that their skyline is gorgeous...
HOWEVER, the Dallas skyline has a presence that no other Texas city can compare to. No offense. That's undeniable. You know you're in Dallas when you see the skyline. The Houston skyline, as pretty as it is, just doesn't have the charismatic presence that the Dallas skyline does.
You know you have a problem when even the people who were born and raised in Houston, say the Dallas skyline is way better than theirs. You know you have a problem when even the people from Houston say their skyline needs work.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDallasGirl View Post
No, I'm not blonde.
I'm not going to lie: The Houston skyline is beautiful! I drove through Houston at night a couple of years ago and was actually surprised at how gorgeous it was. Slightly OT, but Houston is continuously insulted by all the other cities as being too big,too dirty, and too ugly (I hear this one A LOT), soo... when I saw their skyline, I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed because as you all know, the skyline is the face of a city. Ever since then, whenever people I know say something about how hideous Houston is, I will happily defend Houston when I say that their skyline is gorgeous...
HOWEVER, the Dallas skyline has a presence that no other Texas city can compare to. No offense. That's undeniable. You know you're in Dallas when you see the skyline. The Houston skyline, as pretty as it is, just doesn't have the charismatic presence that the Dallas skyline does.
You know you have a problem when even the people who were born and raised in Houston, say the Dallas skyline is way better than theirs. You know you have a problem when even the people from Houston say their skyline needs work.
Heh, no problem.. Both skylines need a little work.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
Put it like this.....whenever dallas' skyline get as many buildings as downtown houston. It will be a faaaar better skyline than houston is right now...downtown Dallas dont have all the riff raff in between all of the nice buildings. We are carefully and cautiously building.a quality core. We didnt and.dont have to build as fast as downtown houston. Houston throw buildings up fast downtown to keep up with demand so less thought goes into their developments. ...just get it built for the oil companies. In Dallas the demand is way less in downtown so we can plan and development is high quality. Not just a group of thrown up boxes and a few nice structures. .......DALLAS. IS.QUALITY. PLANNED. WELL

Old 12-17-2013, 09:09 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,308,925 times
It doesn't seem like Houston is doing a bad job "throwing" up buildings during this current boom. Although some residential project locations are questionable and that Blvd complex on Post Oak is disappointingly suburban-ish.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 PM

BLVD place won't be very suburban if it gets built out to the envisioned 6 tower plan.
Dallas probably has a ratio of just as many plain boring boxes to nice buildings as Houston.. We just have more buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas