Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 07:08 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
How are you making the piont that the 95 blocks of tunnesl whenI just stated that the 95 blocks are only alnog the eastern sections of the city Market sqaure,.Skyline, convetions. not the pic you showed . The pics you showed are not part of the tunnel system and therefore not in the 95 blocks equation
I've never been in the Houston tunnels so i don't know where EXACTLY they are. But ok I stand corrected. ...Hope you feel better.

Last edited by dallasboi; 09-19-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-19-2013, 07:33 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I've never been in the Houston tunnels so i don't know where EXACTLY they are. But ok I stand corrected. ...Hope you feel better.
Then you should not speak as if you know what you are taking about

Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
I thought it was a 24 story. Anyways, I wish it were more original...Atlanta has two, Houston has one, Austin has one, Charlotte has one, and now we have one.
it is only 24 stories. i didnt want to be the stickler that corrected lord dallasboi though.. heh.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
Then you should not speak as if you know what you are taking about
Hold on son...now i said i stand corrected. ...but don't get to cocky...the only thing I was corrected on was the location of the. Massive blood. Sucking octopus that's known as the Houston tunnels. ..The rest of my post. Still stands.
Downtown Houston Still Has way more parking lots than Downtown Dallas.
Those parking lots still take up most of the area plotted for downtown.
95 blocks of tunnels is still more bad for downtown than good.
On paper maps DtHouston looks huge with an almost Perfect. Street grid. But paper maps are misleading because
All of houston's buildings are bunched up on one side of the LARGE area drawn for downtown. Houston has been building and filling in some blocks no doubt. .....But most of those perfectllittle square blocks in a perfectly drawn street grid are still empty. .....they call em parking lots.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Hold on son...now i said i stand corrected. ...but don't get to cocky...the only thing I was corrected on was the location of the. Massive blood. Sucking octopus that's known as the Houston tunnels. ..The rest of my post. Still stands.
On paper maps DtHouston looks huge with an almost Perfect. Street grid. But paper maps are misleading because
All of houston's buildings are bunched up on one side of the LARGE area drawn for downtown. Houston has been building and filling in some blocks no doubt. .....But most of those perfectllittle square blocks in a perfectly drawn street grid are still empty. .....they call em parking lots.
yes there are still some parking lots on the east side of downtown.. the skyline district is on the west side of downtown. thats slowly changing though as development has little choice but to creep east if it wants to stay within the confines of downtown. Houston is planning on building another new park on one of the blocks in the south east portion of downtown to bring new development to that part of downtown. discovery green and market square have proven that parks are successful in attracting new tenants, so im looking forward to the new park to the south and the activity it brings along with it. they have a few blocks around the site highlighted for residential and one for office (should be interesting to get a tenant for an office building thats not connected to that massive blood sucking octopus that is Houstons tunnel system). that tunnel system is a huge draw for corporations and if you havent noticed almost all of the new office projects that have gone up lately/are going up in Houston are connected to the tunnel system. its almost crucial. yeah it robs the surface of street life, but in a city like Houston where the weather is unpredictable and we sometimes have days where pollution levels are unhealthily high its nice to be able to stay in the tunnels. it all depends who you are. if your a tourist looking to people watch, the tunnels are bad.. but if your a white collar worker who spends the majority of their day downtown the tunnels can be a god send.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,153 times
Quote:
It not about getting cocky it about this theme Dallas posters have about talking about Houston with only little knowledge.. what was the poster that kept trying to talk about Houston areas and could not even get the areas right.. Keep ranting about a bayou going thro midtown.. with anybody that has lived in Houston knows that there is no bayou that runs thu mid town..it runs thu Medical center and/ third ward.. while Houston poster talk numbers and data . Dllas poster keep presenting themselves as Houston experts

Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,879 times
Quote:
It not about getting cocky it about this theme Dallas posters have about talking about Houston with only little knowledge..Dllas poster keep presenting themselves as Houston experts
This runs on both sides of the fence, sweetie-pie.

Anyways, why is one to believe anybody on here when half the posters can't demonstrate proper grammar skills?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,138,083 times
You guys are talking about these tunnels, using terms like "subterranean city"? Take a breath.

You realize that they are just narrow walkways connecting little convenience stores and sandwich shops, right? Like the kind of sundries stores you find in the base of suburban office buildings that don't have stores nearby? You can get a bag of chips or a tuna sandwich, or maybe a breakfast burrito. Having the bigger one is no prize.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:14 AM

568 posts, read 901,930 times
It's funny because this is a skyline thread and we're talking about infrastructure under the ground. I'm pretty sure this thread has covered every topic and then some.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas