Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkcapitaloftheworld View Post
I personally think Houston's skyline is by far the best in Texas, and amongst the best in America. I am interested in other peoples opinions.
Best in America? You must be a Houston homer, would explain your laughable bias. Tell the people of NYC, Chicago, or Seattle that you have a better skyline.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:14 PM

581 posts, read 924,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Best in America? You must be a Houston homer, would explain your laughable bias. Tell the people of NYC, Chicago, or Seattle that you have a better skyline.
Indeed, but nothing save the wilderness exists outside of the borders of Texas. As they said in the movie "Pleasantville," the end of Elm Street is the beginning of Main Street.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
I would hope that from here on out in this thread, that nobody from any city get's ****hurt over someone not mentioning all the projects going on in their city. It's immature.

Carry on...
HTown does have me on ignore, but that is because I proved my point that Dallas has far more wider developments than the taller developments being thrown up in Houston. No one in Munchkinland ever got mad at Dorothy for telling the truth. I think HTown needs to learn to behave like a better munchkin or banned for life.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
umm... that guy IS from NYC.. as for Seattle? LOL.. Houston has the 3rd biggest skyline in the US. theres no denying the facts.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
umm... that guy IS from NYC.. as for Seattle? LOL.. Houston has the 3rd biggest skyline in the US. theres no denying the facts.
If Houston is the third largest skyline in the United States, then why is there a bigger one up in Dallas? Just saying. The five skylines melding into one have become much larger than that traditional square mile all cramed up within the traditional freeway loop of downtown Houston. That ancient area is so way back in the eighties even.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
I go to Seattle just about every year. It us located in a beautiful part of the US but the skyline is unimpressive. Barely a step up from San Antonio and far inferior to Houston and Austins

Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
I've actually been quite impressed with Seattle's skyline. The lower rise mixed with the taller buildings make for a great urban landscape...and that doesn't even include the beautiful bay or Mt Rainier. Nonetheless, the streetlife is bustling from a Texas standpoint.

Seattle Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I go to Seattle just about every year. It us located in a beautiful part of the US but the skyline is unimpressive. Barely a step up from San Antonio and far inferior to Houston and Austins
Are you serious?!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
If Houston is the third largest skyline in the United States, then why is there a bigger one up in Dallas? Just saying. The five skylines melding into one have become much larger than that traditional square mile all cramed up within the traditional freeway loop of downtown Houston. That ancient area is so way back in the eighties even.
Lol, where do you get your "facts" from? Houston has over 100 more high rises than Dallas and is in fact the 3rd biggest/tallest skyline in the us behind NYC and Chicago.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:32 PM

328 posts, read 471,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
You want unimpressive? The Chase Tower in Houston. It's boring. It screams 1980s. Twelve other buildings in the USA are taller, and all of them are NOT in NYC or Chicago. LA and Atlanta have taller towers. Atlanta!
IMG_0736 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also boring.
Wells Fargo Plaza & Downtown Houston, Texas | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The only interesting--no, iconic--high-rise you have is Williams Tower. But it's not even downtown.
Williams Tower Houston, Texas | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I agree with the others. Seattle is pretty darned impressive.
Seattle Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas