Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,021,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
feeling the need to get a little personal, are we??

hhhhmmmmm .... and how do you think you know these things about me??? not to worry.... your first 2 lines told me..... other than my age, which is in my profile.....

what a LONG way this thread has gone from its original topic.....

what have you contributed since your initial post telling all who read how abysmal you think texas is??? other than a lot of hard feelings, i mean.....

and just for the record.... i wouldn't be a teen again or even a 20-something for love or money.... do i still like to have a good time... which includes seeing rock bands live .... absolutely.... no age limit on THAT...... what... did you get stuck behind me on the rail at a show or two??

companionship.... got all i want.... human, canine and feline....

still haven't answered the original question..... also very telling......

How am I getting personal? you admitted yourself the info is in your profile. The rest was just a guess, obviously I was right because you felt a need to explain yourself to me. I really not interested.

I am however questioning your wisdom and maturity which you claim you have. You're still here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,056,915 times
my age is in my profile .... nothing else.....and by taking the high road, i assume you mean not responding to your juvenile jabs and insults?? then why do you bother??still wondering where that nirvana might be..........

Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,021,453 times
Quote:
my age is in my profile .... nothing else.....and by taking the high road, i assume you mean not responding to your juvenile jabs and insults?? then why do you bother??still wondering where that nirvana might be..........

You'll just reply like a typical Texan. Where ever anyone says is nicer, a Texan just cuts down the state or country and point out how much it sucks. I'll save you the trouble.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:37 PM

172 posts, read 560,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Where ever anyone says is nicer, a Texan just cuts down the state or country and point out how much it sucks.
Isn't this just what you are doing?

I understand that many some hate everything about Texas, I have no problem with that. There are places I have lived that I hated just as much (Denver). There are also plenty of people who love Texas.

Now, I fall into the love Texas crowd but I also understand that no place is perfect...and that does go for Texas. Yes, there are people who will always argue that Texas is perfect in every way, but they are making the same mistake you are in arguing that Texas is bad in every way.

By now, everyone knows you hate it here so i don't know why your delivery is so hateful. Some people from out of state may read your posts and then think twice about Texas but I don't think you'll change the minds of anyone who is really determined to make the best of anywhere they live and when it comes down to it, those are the types of transplants we would rather have anyway.

I hope you get to move to your ideal locale as soon as you can for your sanity and ours.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,629,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
You'll just reply like a typical Texan. Where ever anyone says is nicer, a Texan just cuts down the state or country and point out how much it sucks. I'll save you the trouble.
Hey "Cupcake"? What is a "typical Texan"? Please describe.

If you mean we are proud of our state, and sorta think of it as family -- then yep, you got it right. I'll save you the trouble on that one. If you mean we tend to be clannish? Then you got that one right too.

Some may sugarcoat this sentiment...and I will too...to a certain point. It is the Texas/Southern way. That is, to be polite...until it passes the milestone of insult. That one has passed with you. Seems like you are doing everything possible to be condecendingly rude, insulting...and patronizing. All with that "cupcake" sweetness....

Last edited by TexasReb; 12-04-2009 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,271,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Hey "Cupcake"? What is a "typical Texan"? Please describe.
I can help here: Fake cowboy hat, BBQ ribs stains on shirt. Lone star shaped belt buckle, Baptist church member since what ever year a thousand or more years ago was. Happy making around 10 bucks an hour (there are exceptions to this rule). Usually owns a gun , but doesnt typically know how to fire it safely. Usually a republican, but not always. Generally friendly, but don't get them talking about Texas.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,629,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I can help here: Fake cowboy hat, BBQ ribs stains on shirt. Lone star shaped belt buckle, Baptist church member since what ever year a thousand or more years ago was. Happy making around 10 bucks an hour (there are exceptions to this rule). Usually owns a gun , but doesnt typically know how to fire it safely. Usually a republican, but not always. Generally friendly, but don't get them talking about Texas.
LOL And you are from where, FK?

Last edited by TexasReb; 12-04-2009 at 08:37 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LOL And you are from where, FK?
well currently AZ, but I did some time in a wired named town called Pflugerville (sounds like something you see when you sneeze), it was just north of Austin, and I dabbled in Keller, a town very near Fort Worth. I didnt like Texas, Or I should say, I didnt like the flat parts of Texas where I could find employment,but I did like Texans. Possibly the nicest folks around. I had a hard time getting my head around the idea when the sun went down, it went to the ground, and not behind a mountain.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:46 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,056,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
hhhmmmm ... i am a native.... and not one single thing in your post applies to me......

well..... i HAVE had a couple of nice hats in the past.....

don't own a gun, but sure do know how to fire one..... DEFINITELY not a republican OR a baptist...... bbq stains.... not since i was too young to care.... $10 an hour won't even get me out of my house..... yep, i'm friendly and love texas, but not obsessed with promoting it..... even during the urban cowboy craze, i didn't have the belt buckle you describe.....

sheesh.....

Old 12-05-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
hhhmmmm ... i am a native.... and not one single thing in your post applies to me......

well..... i HAVE had a couple of nice hats in the past.....

don't own a gun, but sure do know how to fire one..... DEFINITELY not a republican OR a baptist...... bbq stains.... not since i was too young to care.... $10 an hour won't even get me out of my house..... yep, i'm friendly and love texas, but not obsessed with promoting it..... even during the urban cowboy craze, i didn't have the belt buckle you describe.....

sheesh.....
I said it all in good fun....besides I did mention that there are exceptions to the rule. I like you folks alot, would never want to offend you in a serious tone. Ill never step inside your state as long as I live or can keep from being dragged, but that has Nothing to do with Texans (although y'all do drive like maniacs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas