Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 05:33 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,572,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Parks are made for people to enjoy themselves .......and thats what you did....what else is important?...KWP is always worth name dropping because its very successful. And since its successful then its not hype. I guess you was expecting a dinosaur to walk through for it to be name worthy....
err what? no, i was expecting it to not be a knock off of a park in Phoenix crossed with a park in HOUSTON. Dallasites praise it to be so ground breaking and note worthy when its not. Discovery Green is very successful too, but you dont see us name dropping that all the time. thats probably because there are a handful of other parks around Houston that are just as nice, if not even better than DiscoGreen. i guess KW is the only park worth mentioning in Dallas. unless you want to bring up that White Rock Reservoir.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:43 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,787,085 times
The pride on here leaves no room for truth.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:03 PM

355 posts, read 470,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
err what? no, i was expecting it to not be a knock off of a park in Phoenix crossed with a park in HOUSTON. Dallasites praise it to be so ground breaking and note worthy when its not. Discovery Green is very successful too, but you dont see us name dropping that all the time. thats probably because there are a handful of other parks around Houston that are just as nice, if not even better than DiscoGreen. i guess KW is the only park worth mentioning in Dallas. unless you want to bring up that White Rock Reservoir.
Well to be honest, the average person believes it's unique to see a park over a traffic infested freeway. It's not because it is better, or nicer than other parks in Dallas, Houston, etc. But it is the only one of its kind in Dallas. And there are not many out there, but they exist.

In terms of the park layout and design, I prefer something like Reverchon Park, Lake Cliff Park, or White Rock Lake. A place where it doesn't feel clogged with too much amenities. KW has a ton of amenities on a 5-acre park. Its nice because its urban, but it lacks enough 'green space'.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
The pride on here leaves no room for truth.
Good point, I guess that explains some of the ridiculous responses I've seen on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas12 View Post
Well to be honest, the average person believes it's unique to see a park over a traffic infested freeway. It's not because it is better, or nicer than other parks in Dallas, Houston, etc. But it is the only one of its kind in Dallas. And there are not many out there, but they exist.

In terms of the park layout and design, I prefer something like Reverchon Park, Lake Cliff Park, or White Rock Lake. A place where it doesn't feel clogged with too much amenities. KW has a ton of amenities on a 5-acre park. Its nice because its urban, but it lacks enough 'green space'.
True, and what little green space there is is often roped off to allow the grass to regrow (discovery green admittedly has the same problems but more more space to work with).

Old 04-26-2014, 06:16 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,468,644 times
Quote:
Knock off??......do you think before you type...thats like me saying Houston light rail is a knock off of our trolly system in uptown.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Knock off??......do you think before you type...thats like me saying Houston light rail is a knock off of our trolly system in uptown.
one could ask you the same. as if the uptown trolley system was the first streetcar. psh...

Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,468,644 times
Quote:
one could ask you the same. as if the uptown trolley system was the first streetcar. psh...
I was just giving you an example of how silly you sounded....

Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,279,287 times
Quote:
LOL. I gotta admit that was a good one!

As pathetic and inefficient as Houston's lightrail system is, it might as well be the trolley

Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
LOL. I gotta admit that was a good one!

As pathetic and inefficient as Houston's lightrail system is, it might as well be the trolley
inefficient by what standards? ill agree its a little slow/"pathetic" how long it takes to travel the line.. but it moves a hell of a lot more people per mile than DART (almost 45,000 compared to like 100,000, on 13 miles vs 85 miles) so by that measure its far from inefficient (and if it is "inefficient" then what does that make DART?).

Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,279,287 times
Quote:
inefficient by what standards? ill agree its a little slow/"pathetic" how long it takes to travel the line.. but it moves a hell of a lot more people per mile than DART (almost 45,000 compared to like 100,000, on 13 miles vs 85 miles) so by that measure its far from inefficient (and if it is "inefficient" then what does that make DART?).
I'm just awfully frustrated with how Houston continues to build its lightrail. For the new lines, they selected the slowest moving trains, and even for the long term plans, there's no plans for grade separation (subway or elevated), or plans for commuter rail. Houston's efficiency would really benefit from connecting the rail to the suburbs. Although most of Dallas's lightrail row are abandoned train tracks in non-dense clusters, Dallas's rail at least connects suburbs and took the initiative to make a good portion of the rail grade separated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas