Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Actually, Missouri City and Pearland are the most diverse cities in America. From the article:

So, in summary, Houston is the most diverse city in the country.....

.....when it uses its suburbs as crutches.

Enjoy this warm dish of irony.
I used to live in Missouri City. My dad and sisters still live there. My Uncle and cousins live in Pearland. Neither is as diverse as the City of Houston.

Not by a long shot.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Quote:
Actually, Missouri City and Pearland are the most diverse cities in America. From the article:

So, in summary, Houston is the most diverse city in the country.....

.....when it uses its suburbs as crutches.

Enjoy this warm dish of irony.
The Pot calling the Kettle black. Yes, the irony.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I used to live in Missouri City. My dad and sisters still live there. My Uncle and cousins live in Pearland. Neither is as diverse as the City of Houston.

Not by a long shot.

No offense, dude, but I'm going to take the word of a Rice University study conducted by official U.S. census data over the anecdotal evidence of a former resident.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Not by a long shot.
I agree. This report/study is FLAWED.

The most diverse city in the Country is New York, hands down.

It's a title most major cities want. What a coincidence that Rice U in HOUSTON, says that Houston is most diverse. LOL. Don't think LA and NY agree.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I agree. This report/study is FLAWED.

The most diverse city in the Country is New York, hands down.

It's a title most major cities want. What a coincidence that Rice U in HOUSTON, says that Houston is most diverse. LOL. Don't think LA and NY agree.
I agree. NY, SF, LA, Chicago are all still more diverse than Houston.

Clarence I am not gonna tell you what to believe. I am not a Republican

Old 03-06-2012, 06:53 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,538 times
Quote:
Clarence I am not gonna tell you what to believe. I am not a Republican

Haha, touche!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No offense, dude, but I'm going to take the word of a Rice University study conducted by official U.S. census data over the anecdotal evidence of a former resident.
BTW "Dude", the report now says "Houston Region".

The Houston region is now the most ethnically diverse large metropolitan area in the country, surpassing New York City.

Houston region is now the most diverse in the U.S. - Houston Chronicle

OK...I can go for Region..cause Upstate NY, CT and lots of NJ is nowhere nearly as diverse as NYC.

You see, it's all in the wording.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
BTW "Dude", the report now says "Houston Region".

The Houston region is now the most ethnically diverse large metropolitan area in the country, surpassing New York City.

Houston region is now the most diverse in the U.S. - Houston Chronicle

OK...I can go for Region..cause Upstate NY, CT and lots of NJ is nowhere nearly as diverse as NYC.

You see, it's all in the wording.
If anything Dallas folks have on Houston is that they are Master-Verbators they love twisting words to fit their purposes. don't tell them anything about wording. lol

Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:

Not by a long shot.
How can your opinion allow you to say this when actual FACTS say different. "It seems that Neither is as diverse as the City of Houston"...is how you should have WORDED it.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
This simply is not true. Fort Worth metro holds about the same percentage of jobs in the Metroplex as it does people. There is still emptiness on 35 from Denton to Dallas. Don't forget you have the Texas Motor Speedway and Alliance going from Fort Worth to Denton. Dallas is just the largest city in this Metroplex. There isnt really a cultural center here. It depends in what side you live on.
I think this applies here as well.

You do realize the speedway and Alliance are in the middle of a field with no population center surrounding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas