Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Gotta ask, what the hell does it matter if Dallas benefits from having another major city in the same metro? Yes, DFW wouldn't be DFW without FW but we do have FW so we are DFW. That just makes the Metroplex more diverse. I think Houston wishes it had a sibling.
Do New York City, Chicago, LA, etc., wish they had a sibling? Most major citiea dominate their metro area and don't have a sister city.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I dunno about that, Can you think of any state in the United states that developed two massive primate metros (a metro with a large central city)?

Most states have 1.) one huge city with a large metro attached (think LA, or Chicago, or Philly) and 2.) if there is a second large metro in the state, it is usually a collection of smaller cities (think the Bay area, North Texas).
3.)The states lucky enough to have a third large metro usually results from a large city with not much metro area ( San Diego, San Antonio, Jacksonville).

That is why I said Dallas most probably would be about the size of SA without FW. Because it is not very likely to that two large single city metros develop in the same state.
Without FW, Dallas would have a population of....what it is now. Around 4.3 in its MSA. It has always been a transportation hub, a financial hub, and more. The what if games means nothing. What if Dallas was to become a more agressive city in everything it does without FW. Dallas is what it is and it is time for Houstonions to respect it and get over it.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
How utterly ridiculous. What in the world does Oak Cliff, Irving, and Ft. Worth have in common to the point that they'd need to share a congressional seat? Whoever wins, a Ft. Worth or Dallas person, one city's side of the district is going to get shafted. One group of people isn't going to get the adequate representation they deserve.
LOL the district should have never included Dallas County....They already have a minority majority district....Most experts beleive Fort Worth will win the seat virtually based off voting patterns from the last elections....Fort Worth side had a bigger turnout at the poll...

Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Without FW, Dallas would have a population of....what it is now. Around 4.3 in its MSA. It has always been a transportation hub, a financial hub, and more. The what if games means nothing. What if Dallas was to become a more agressive city in everything it does without FW. Dallas is what it is and it is time for Houstonions to respect it and get over it.
Yes, Dallas is what is it...the largest and most well known city in the huge collection of cities known as the Metroplex. It's what I honestly believe after living here.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Yes, Dallas is what is it...the largest and most well known city in the huge collection of cities known as the Metroplex. It's what I honestly believe after living here.
I don't see the big deal about it...I think its an advantage ....

Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
did you see any disrespect in my post? just my observations. and it is time dallas folks realize that they grew as a region. the area isn't Dallas

Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 AM

At this point I feel Dallas is pulling even further away from Fort Worth. Fort Worth is doing nothing at this point to strengthen its core... I might find myself living in Uptown Dallas in the future....

Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
At this point I feel Dallas is pulling even further away from Fort Worth. Fort Worth is doing nothing at this point to strengthen its core... I might find myself living in Uptown Dallas in the future....
don't be silly. Black people don't live in uptown Dallas.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 AM

328 posts, read 471,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Now this is worth bragging about. In fact, I'd argue that 90% of everything Dallas has, that's worth bragging about, is related to retail lol.
Best shopping in the Southwest? Check.
More hotel rooms? Some of the best hotels in the country? Check.
#1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas? Check.
All five major major professional sports, plus NASCAR? Check.
Largest film and television production center in Texas? Check.
Banking and financial center of the Southwest? Check.

I'd say we've got it covered.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post

Do it! Give in to the dark side. I moved here from Riverside two years ago and haven't looked back. (Although I'm actually about to leave Dallas and Texas altogether again for my job).

Don't listen to HTown. You'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas