Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 10:02 PM

141 posts, read 46,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Just a thought, I can see Preston Center returning as an upscale destination. That's what it originally was before NorthPark was built. Neiman's first suburban store was located in Preston Center before moving to NorthPark. Also, Sanger-Harris was there too for years before it was bought out by Foley's. The retail became more neighborhood focused with the addition of office buildings since NorthPark is right down the street. I think the growth and the way the city wants to upgrade the area will further enhance the attractiveness for high end shopping in the future.

It's right in the center of some of the most affluent neighborhoods/enclaves in America. University Park, Highland Park, Preston Hollow, Bluffview, Greenway Parks, etc.
Funny how right after everyone wrote off Preston Center that it would go through a mini boom. It certainly has an iconic history the way it got the first Neiman Marcus Department Store built in the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 10:11 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
Quote:
Just a thought, I can see Preston Center returning as an upscale destination. That's what it originally was before NorthPark was built. Neiman's first suburban store was located in Preston Center before moving to NorthPark. Also, Sanger-Harris was there too for years before it was bought out by Foley's. The retail became more neighborhood focused with the addition of office buildings since NorthPark is right down the street. I think the growth and the way the city wants to upgrade the area will further enhance the attractiveness for high end shopping in the future.

It's right in the center of some of the most affluent neighborhoods/enclaves in America. University Park, Highland Park, Preston Hollow, Bluffview, Greenway Parks, etc.

This is what people always end up ignoring...The Atrociously WEALTHY communities surrounding our luxury shopping enclaves.....

HORDES and HORDES of idle money that rich Household wives have to get rid of as a hobby.

Its what Luxury Brand owners DREAM about!!.....

That and the location of DFW within the U.S is what always makes Dallas the preferred Market to enter Texas.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:51 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romping Willy Billy View Post
Funny how right after everyone wrote off Preston Center that it would go through a mini boom. It certainly has an iconic history the way it got the first Neiman Marcus Department Store built in the suburbs.
Yep, Preston Center is having a mini-boom. I was in the area not too long ago seen a few cranes building new high-rise/midrises. Some of them having new ultra-luxury residential units. When there was a rumor yearsss ago about Bloomingdale's coming back into the market, I've always thought Preston Center or NorthPark would make a good location. I know NorthPark's anchors are always usually full, so I think Preston Center would have been a logical location alternative within close proximity. But since Knox is really taking off too, that's another area to watch in the future for more high-end shopping. The growth and wealth is spilling over into that area as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

This is what people always end up ignoring...The Atrociously WEALTHY communities surrounding our luxury shopping enclaves.....

HORDES and HORDES of idle money that rich Household wives have to get rid of as a hobby.

That and the location of DFW within the U.S is what always makes Dallas the preferred Market to enter Texas.
That's what is really driving all the high-end shopping. You can literally drive south from Preston Center to Downtown (taking streets, not freeways) and hit nothing but affluent neighborhoods the whole drive.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Yep, Preston Center is having a mini-boom. I was in the area not too long ago seen a few cranes building new high-rise/midrises. Some of them having new ultra-luxury residential units. When there was a rumor yearsss ago about Bloomingdale's coming back into the market, I've always thought Preston Center or NorthPark would make a good location. I know NorthPark's anchors are always usually full, so I think Preston Center would have been a logical location alternative within close proximity. But since Knox is really taking off too, that's another area to watch in the future for more high-end shopping. The growth and wealth is spilling over into that area as well.

That's what is really driving all the high-end shopping. You can literally drive south from Preston Center to Downtown (taking streets, not freeways) and hit nothing but affluent neighborhoods the whole drive.
I've mentioned before how Preston Road is nothing but MONEY from the beginning all the way to Frisco.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:14 AM

Quote:
[/b]

Fifty years ago, my aunt and uncle working a farm south of Kansas City would take turns traveling in alternate years to either Chicago or Dallas to do some serious shopping. Dallas isn't on the level of Chicago yet, but it is beating Atlanta. I'm wondering how long it is going to take to get a Neiman Marcus Department Store located in South Lake. Las Colinas, Cypress Waters, and West Lake are attracting lots of employees.

Old 05-25-2023, 05:36 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
2015 is almost 10 years ago....

How in the heck is HPV not walkable????...Ok you guys are reaching now....It doesn't matter how many cars you see..They're all parked....People park get out and walk to every store they visit. There are no streets going through it to make it un-walkable.
Because it is unwalkable. Anybody that has been to walkable places will tell you ROD performs better in this. ROD is a better shopping experience for pedestrians as you don't have to compete with vehicles going from store to store if one must do that.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Because it is unwalkable. Anybody that has been to walkable places will tell you ROD performs better in this. ROD is a better shopping experience for pedestrians as you don't have to compete with vehicles going from store to store if one must do that.
I am curious about the Target located next door to River Oaks Distrct. Aren't the property taxes going through the roof? Has there been any talk of buying it out and demolishing it?

Old 05-25-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post

.....Compete with cars?!!!!!....We're not talking about the streets around the Houston Galleria.....Snap out of it!!!!!

Old 05-25-2023, 08:38 AM

869 posts, read 320,073 times
Quote:
.....Who said it was a HE?...How would you know???

You're HIM that's how you knew...........This is your SAVING FACE account..

That makes absolutely no sense

I just assumed he's a "HE" because I can't imagine a woman calling herself "TexasTallest"...but hey, I could be wrong.

You're really grasping at straws here, and it's not a good look.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:44 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,947,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romping Willy Billy View Post
I am curious about the Target located next door to River Oaks Distrct. Aren't the property taxes going through the roof? Has there been any talk of buying it out and demolishing it?
Last year's certified value was $32.2M. HCAD raised it to $36.7M for preliminary 2023 value. The vast majority of it, as you might expect, is in land. So, that would indicate the potential for redevelopment.

It does appear that a Target entity in Minneapolis ("Current Owner" in the records) owns it. Obviously the demographics for the store are amazing, but there are other Targets within just a few miles of it. I've long thought the company must have received acquisition offers for the property, especially since ROD opened and the residential towers were built on adjacent Westcreek.

You'd think if Target was determined to retain a location there, they could do an agreement for a mixed-use project, likely residential-over-Target. Financially that could probably work there. It would be especially marketable if they opened up pedestrian access at the back to the ROD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas