Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 11:35 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,459,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post

All you've done is make Dallas look even worse, lol.
PLeeeease tell me HOW!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 11:42 AM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrampage View Post
Online shopping for me. I can get everything I need online these days. What can a shopping center really offer me other than exercise?
I'm the opposite. Mostly because I like to try on what I want to wear.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:22 PM

https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion...-and-counting/
Quote:
NorthPark Center ranks among the top five retail establishments in the country, racking up more than $1.2 billion in overall annual sales. Dallas is known for an almost fetishistic penchant for shopping; Northwest Highway at US-75 seems to be the locus for a perfect storm for both an infatuation with loveliness and monetary success.
Quote:
Shopping Centers Today magazine names NorthPark one of the “7 Retail Wonders of the Modern World.”
...not of just DFW

Quote:
CONCEIVED BY RAYMOND AND PATSY NASHER AS A PLACE OF RETAIL EXCELLENCE AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE, NORTHPARK CENTER THRIVED FROM 1965 TO 1995 UNDER THEIR GUIDANCE. OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS, DAUGHTER NANCY A. NASHER AND HER HUSBAND, DAVID J. HAEMISEGGER, HAVE PROPELLED NORTHPARK INTO ONE OF THE COUNTRY’S TOP FIVE LUXURY SHOPPING DESTINATIONS, A PLACE WHERE FASHION AND ART COALESCE.
Quote:
NorthPark Center is the preeminent shopping center in the Southwest and one of the finest shopping experiences in the world with more than 200 stores and restaurants, including more than 60 market exclusives. Anchored by Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macy’s, and Dillard’s, NorthPark offers an unparalleled collection of luxury boutiques set amid internationally acclaimed 20th and 21st century art, award-winning architecture, and extraordinary landscaping—as well as a 1.4-acre garden, CenterPark, and a state-of-the-art movie theatre, AMC NorthPark 15. NorthPark consistently ranks as one of the top five performing shopping centers in the United States and is North Texas’ number one visitor destination. NorthPark is conveniently located 7 miles from downtown Dallas and 35 miles from Fort Worth.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...y-brand-shops/
Quote:
“Dallas is an incredibly important market for Balmain,” said Emily George, president of the brand’s Americas business. She added Dallas is home to many longtime top customers and new ones.

A Balmain popup shop was recently in Neiman Marcus at NorthPark Center to feature the French...
A Balmain popup shop was recently in Neiman Marcus at NorthPark Center to feature the French brand's exclusive spring and summer 2023 collection for the Dallas-based retailer.(Neiman Marcus)

Los Angeles-based fashion line Simkhai will open this summer. The brand has had a popup in Highland Park Village’s Market boutique over the past year. Market houses a selection of designers ranging from global fashion houses to up-and-coming designers and those brands can end up in their own stores.

The demand is so FIERCE they created this for POTENTIAL in-coming Brands that think they can survive ...To put their feet in the water to TEST it.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-24-2023 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-24-2023, 01:03 PM

869 posts, read 320,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion...-and-counting/

...not of just DFW

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...y-brand-shops/

The demand is so FIERCE they created this for POTENTIAL in-coming Brands that think they can survive ...To put their feet in the water to TEST it.

It's already been explained (several times ), but okay...I'll bite...

1: You love to YAP about how "prestigious" HPV is, yet it's only "prestigious" to those who are native to DFW. Outside of that, the only people who have even the slightest idea of HPV are those who have a particular interest in luxury shopping. The average person hasn't even heard of it, and don't give the slightest care about it. But like I said...that's not a shot at Dallas, since the same can be said about River Oaks.

The difference is that the River Oaks District is STILL more expensive than HPV, despite the latter being FAR older.

2:You LOOOOOOVE to brag about how many more stores DFW shopping areas has compared to Houston...Yet Houston's Galleria STILL gets more visitors per year than all of DFW's shopping destinations COMBINED. What gives, boi??

Point is, all of your attempts to throw Houston under the bus in Dallas' favor only made Houston look BETTER, lol lol! You should never be on a debate team for Dallas...they will fire you QUICKLY

Old 05-24-2023, 01:15 PM

Quote:
It's already been explained (several times ), but okay...I'll bite...

1: You love to YAP about how "prestigious" HPV is, yet it's only "prestigious" to those who are native to DFW. Outside of that, the only people who have even the slightest idea of HPV are those who have a particular interest in luxury shopping. The average person hasn't even heard of it, and don't give the slightest care about it. But like I said...that's not a shot at Dallas, since the same can be said about River Oaks.

The difference is that the River Oaks District is STILL more expensive than HPV, despite the latter being FAR older.

2:You LOOOOOOVE to brag about how many more stores DFW shopping areas has compared to Houston...Yet Houston's Galleria STILL gets more visitors per year than all of DFW's shopping destinations COMBINED. What gives, boi??

Point is, all of your attempts to throw Houston under the bus in Dallas' favor only made Houston look BETTER, lol lol! You should never be on a debate team for Dallas...they will fire you QUICKLY
.....C'mon TexasTallest....This is just information I'm posting. I'm not bragging.....

Read the title of the thread!!......Dallas and Houston are the 2 Largest markets. So of course they'll be the only 2 eligible to be the "Texas Shopping Paradise"

Old 05-24-2023, 02:16 PM

4,436 posts, read 6,311,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
The Galleria in Houston also moves tenants around. The top malls do this a lot, as they feel they still have the greater leverage in the relationship with tenants.
I’m aware, but the difference is the available space at the Galleria.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:22 PM

869 posts, read 320,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
.....C'mon TexasTallest....This is just information I'm posting. I'm not bragging.....

Read the title of the thread!!......Dallas and Houston are the 2 Largest markets. So of course they'll be the only 2 eligible to be the "Texas Shopping Paradise"

You keep thinking I'm this "TexasTallest"...and I'm just not.

But if he is a Houston defender, I'm with him on that!

Old 05-24-2023, 02:52 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Im not sure if anyone mentioned this above. But I personally like the parking lot upgrade they gave to HPV a few years back

Before:

https://goo.gl/maps/ADFNqmFuMCBeNJ657

After:

https://goo.gl/maps/Wz5YQAKNkC9gUfpY8

It’s always a challenge to make a development designed for the automobile more walkable but this certainly was as great improvement.
This has always been my biggest problem with HPV. This is actually pretty terrible. Would anybody even pretend this could be walkable? It's a vehicles paradise. Basically an ultra luxury outlet mall. ROD is far more user friendly than this.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You keep thinking I'm this "TexasTallest"...and I'm just not.

But if he is a Houston defender, I'm with him on that!
.....Who said it was a HE?...How would you know???

You're HIM that's how you knew...........This is your SAVING FACE account..

Old 05-24-2023, 03:33 PM

......................Hello!!!.................uhh ,,Helloooooo!!!......Has anyone seen ParaguaneroSwag

Officer Brown here just looking for him to follow up on a report he made about a spa being listed somewhere?.....

Well if you see em...tell em to give me a call....Tell em we heard every word he said!!....And We promise to catch that thief RED HANDED with them coins out that jar....we don't allow any stealing around here!!

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-24-2023 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas