Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 04:57 PM

4,438 posts, read 6,315,118 times

Advertisements

Let’s not make this thread so ridiculous it gets shut down. Can we please move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 06:39 PM

9,929 posts, read 6,638,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
The Galleria in Houston also moves tenants around. The top malls do this a lot, as they feel they still have the greater leverage in the relationship with tenants.
They especially did a lot of shuffling around the time that Saks Fifth Ave opened their new store. They appear to have attempted to turn the 2nd floor into an all luxury wing (at least the East-West hall) from Saks to Neiman Marcus which is on the opposite side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I’m aware, but the difference is the available space at the Galleria.
Actually, available space was one of the biggest setbacks in Houston prior to 2015. And the addition of ROD.

The Galleria’s luxury tenants were previously all limited to one area. They shuffled and expanded the luxury wing to be nearly the entire second floor around the time that Saks opened its new store. This was in response to ROD’s added competition and even taking some of the Galleria’s tenants (such as Dior). And those two developments were why there was a sudden behemoth of luxury store openings around that time.

Both filled up pretty quickly; space isn’t readily available in either location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This has always been my biggest problem with HPV. This is actually pretty terrible. Would anybody even pretend this could be walkable? It's a vehicles paradise. Basically an ultra luxury outlet mall. ROD is far more user friendly than this.
Yes but I’d say it’s still a big difference between the two. If they turned some of the center into a park type of thing, they would also compliment it pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
......................Hello!!!.................uhh ,,Helloooooo!!!......Has anyone seen ParaguaneroSwag

Officer Brown here just looking for him to follow up on a report he made about a spa being listed somewhere?.....

Well if you see em...tell em to give me a call....Tell em we heard every word he said!!....And We promise to catch that thief RED HANDED with them coins out that jar....we don't allow any stealing around here!!
Lol

Old 05-24-2023, 07:45 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Let’s not make this thread so ridiculous it gets shut down. Can we please move on?
it's not that serious.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:02 PM

Okay....I guess its time to start make believing Houston is equal to Dallas again...so everybody can be happy.....I apologize houstonians for acting in character and injecting TRUTH in this thread....geesh

Old 05-24-2023, 08:05 PM

141 posts, read 46,149 times
I have tried fudging the numbers. Houston has a population that is a million more people. Even when Highland Park Village is subtracted because it isn't in Dallas, Dallas still compares with Houston. The two markets don't compare. Houston is much more of a minor market.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
They especially did a lot of shuffling around the time that Saks Fifth Ave opened their new store. They appear to have attempted to turn the 2nd floor into an all luxury wing (at least the East-West hall) from Saks to Neiman Marcus which is on the opposite side.

Actually, available space was one of the biggest setbacks in Houston prior to 2015. And the addition of ROD.

The Galleria’s luxury tenants were previously all limited to one area. They shuffled and expanded the luxury wing to be nearly the entire second floor around the time that Saks opened its new store. This was in response to ROD’s added competition and even taking some of the Galleria’s tenants (such as Dior). And those two developments were why there was a sudden behemoth of luxury store openings around that time.

Both filled up pretty quickly; space isn’t readily available in either location.

Yes but I’d say it’s still a big difference between the two. If they turned some of the center into a park type of thing, they would also compliment it pretty well.

Lol
2015 is almost 10 years ago....

How in the heck is HPV not walkable????...Ok you guys are reaching now....It doesn't matter how many cars you see..They're all parked....People park get out and walk to every store they visit. There are no streets going through it to make it un-walkable.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-24-2023 at 08:58 PM..

Old 05-24-2023, 08:19 PM

6,709 posts, read 9,964,410 times
Quote:
https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion...-and-counting/

...not of just DFW

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...y-brand-shops/

The demand is so FIERCE they created this for POTENTIAL in-coming Brands that think they can survive ...To put their feet in the water to TEST it.
NorthPark is also the first mall to be featured in Vouge Magazine. Its architecture and art collection makes it one of a kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWJ1YGfJag

Old 05-24-2023, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
NorthPark is also the first mall to be featured in Vouge Magazine. Its architecture and art collection makes it one of a kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWJ1YGfJag
Northpark doesn't look as good as it once did. It use to be that unique crossroads where Northpark met up with Neiman Marcus. With Neiman Marcus struggling, I think the status of The Crescent / Harwood is now 6 6thchallenging it.
Northpark Center was built a year before the Kimbell museum in Fort Worth. I think they both have ended up sharing a similar designation.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
2015 is almost 10 years ago....

How in the heck is HPV not walkable????...Ok you guys are reaching now....It doesn't matter how many cars you see..They're all parked....People park get out and walk to every store they visit. There are no streets gong through it to make it un-walkable.
That is something I noticed. In North Texas, something iconic in retail gets built every 7 to 8 years. In Houston, it take about 20 years for something iconic to get developed.
It isn't a matter of the metro size, but the market size. There is a huge market surrounding Chicago that they call Chicagoland. Dallasland is just a lot bigger than Houstonland.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:53 PM

6,709 posts, read 9,964,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romping Willy Billy View Post
Northpark doesn't look as good as it once did. It use to be that unique crossroads where Northpark met up with Neiman Marcus. With Neiman Marcus struggling, I think the status of The Crescent / Harwood is now 6 6thchallenging it.
Northpark Center was built a year before the Kimbell museum in Fort Worth. I think they both have ended up sharing a similar designation.
NorthPark to me looks pretty much the same. I don't see how The Crescent or Harwood is challenging NorthPark. I know of Stanley Korshak but what other high end retailer is there that's rivaling NorthPark Center?

Here's NorthPark in 1965. The same year it opened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCBueva5RA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas