Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,332,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Or maybe moving there like so many of them are doing these days.
Thats Columbia and Greenville as well brother.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Thats Columbia and Greenville as well brother.

I love it. Not a person on the board can say anything about Charleston without you chiming in about Greenville. Your jealousy of Charleston is quite obvious to everyone. It is a well known fact in Charleston about the hate the upstate has for the area. Jealousy is a pitiful thing. I am really surprised you even mentioned Columbia in your post.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:08 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,332,757 times
Whatever you wish to believe. It's not even worth it to argue with you.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:19 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,550,168 times
Quote:
I love it. Not a person on the board can say anything about Charleston without you chiming in about Greenville. Your jealousy of Charleston is quite obvious to everyone. It is a well known fact in Charleston about the hate the upstate has for the area. Jealousy is a pitiful thing. I am really surprised you even mentioned Columbia in your post.
You must understand the motivation for such arguments. It is not just jealousy of Charleston that motivates these types of people to argue back and forth.

Creating the illusion of Greenville as some kind of perfect city is important for real estate sales....so of course a real estate agent that lives in Greenville is going to defend the city!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,390,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Creating the illusion of Greenville as some kind of perfect city is important for real estate sales....so of course a real estate agent that lives in Greenville is going to defend the city!
So actually liking Greenville cannot be a relevant motive to respond?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,390,905 times
Quote:
It is a well known fact in Charleston about the hate the upstate has for the area. Jealousy is a pitiful thing.
Says the person who called Upstate residents "hicks" and said, "Charleston is classy Greenville is bland."

Let's take another look at what a few Greenville supporters have said about Greenville vs. Charleston comparison in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
This whole "Greenville vs Charleston" crap is a bit of a red herring, no? Why do we pit two great cities/metro areas in our state against one another?? South Carolina as a state is blessed to have BOTH areas to draw from. Together, we make a much stronger whole - why the infantile pissing matches and pointless comparisons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Most people hurling insults about the cities being discussed here probably haven't lived in both. I have. They are both great cities.
Again, both are great cities, each with their own advantages. I personally find Greenville to be a much better place to live, and Charleston a nice place to visit occasionally. To each his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
My sentiments exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina