Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2023, 01:20 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Tannadice is an absolute treat if you ever get the chance and as you can see, you can walk to Dundee's ground within two minutes.

What are some underrated rivalries? I think when Cardiff and Bristol City go head-to-head it goes under the radar a bit, one of the few international rivalries in a domestic league.
Crystal Palace and Brighton have an intense rivalry even though they are from two different cities 50 miles apart, they call it the M23 Derby because thats the motorway that connects the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2023, 04:33 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
The Rovers are on ESPN+ on Saturday. My replacement hat left the Heathrow mail facility in Langley on Saturday but the US postal service hasn’t scanned it in yet. I hopefully have it for Saturday. I watched a match replay of Girona. The Rovers have an 19 year old striker Harry Leonard who is in the starting XI playing the 9. They looked OK against mid table LaLigua competition after starting slowly giving up 2 goals. No telling if they’ll find enough goals this year to be near the top of the table. They lost Ben Brereton-Diaz who has been their top scorer for years on a free transfer.

Old 08-03-2023, 03:09 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
In terms of US investment in English clubs, US NFL legend Tom Brady now has a minority stake in Birmingham City, who currently reside in the Championship.

Tom Brady: NFL legend becomes minority owner of Birmingham City - BBC Sport (3rd August 2023)

Old 08-03-2023, 09:21 AM

Order has been restored to my universe. My replacement hat has arrived. LOL

Old 08-03-2023, 04:37 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Order has been restored to my universe. My replacement hat has arrived. LOL

Nice

Old 08-05-2023, 08:06 AM

And so it begins....

Old 08-07-2023, 09:16 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,301 times
I wonder how many Southampton, Leicester and Leeds players are going to leave before the transfer window shuts? I thought Dewsbury-Hall from Leicester looked better than everyone else on the pitch, surely he wont stay?

Old 08-08-2023, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I wonder how many Southampton, Leicester and Leeds players are going to leave before the transfer window shuts? I thought Dewsbury-Hall from Leicester looked better than everyone else on the pitch, surely he wont stay?
Leeds dropped points to Cardiff in their first match. It was apparently the most watched Championship match on Sky since COVID. Southampton just got knocked out of the League Cup by League 2 Gillingham. I think it’s really difficult to motivate relegated players. Kompany did it last year at Burnley. Even with the £50 million parachute money, it must be hard to play In Championship after being in the Premier League.

And to our Hollywood supporter, Wrexham won in the league cup today on PK. I watch the PKs after the Rovers won their match. The Rovers won on Saturday and again today in league cup. They’re an extremely young team and the squad player in Carabao Cup are mostly babies.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:17 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Leeds dropped points to Cardiff in their first match. It was apparently the most watched Championship match on Sky since COVID. Southampton just got knocked out of the League Cup by League 2 Gillingham.
I'm not sure the Carabao is really a priority for any teams in the Championship, given they already have a 46 game regular season, I wouldn't judge much on that. Leeds did drop points, however Cardiff can count themselves very lucky, they were outplayed from the first minute.

With regards to motivation, I always think of the team that lost the promotion play off final. How do those players pick themselves up again to do another long haul season, so I'll keep an eye on Coventry. I'd really like some new teams to go up at the end of it, Bristol City, Preston NE and Plymouth might be too much to ask for.

Good luck to Blackburn Rovers. Playoff push this season?

Old 08-09-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:

Good luck to Blackburn Rovers. Playoff push this season?
They are really young. Their first match, the forwards were 19, 21, 21, and 27. They sold their #1 GK the other day and signed a Swedish kid. If they can stay near the top of the table through Christmas, they’re likely to improve considerably and be in the mix for promotion playoffs. On paper, they’re at best mid table. They learned how to bring it out from the back last year. It was an adventure until March. Now, their passing at the midfield into the forwards needs a similar improvement or goals will be scarce. They seem to have good coaching so it’s possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer