Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 11:09 AM

579 posts, read 526,356 times

Advertisements

Well Larry and orca17, I guess it's just us now.

So here's a little video for your entertainment pleasure. This guy is pretty funny.

I hope it's not considered (gulp) propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXN7oBE5pM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 11:39 AM

15,290 posts, read 17,781,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
They verbally bash us over the head with their liberal nonsense. They think they will change our minds. They deliberately target this board because they know we are all conservatives over here. IMO it's nothing but trolling. When you call them trolls, the mods give you demerit points. Been there, done that.

That's why I reported this thread to mods, early on. They chose to let it ride. They KNEW what kind of controversy and debate it would produce. They actually want that! It's good for ad revenue or whatever. I guess it we want the freedom to use this board, we have to periodically put up with this crap.

I am disappointed that the regulars here took the bait and answered the OP. Next time, just report it to admin and do not participate in the dialog. Yeah, I know...easier said than done!
I am "they," and knew that this board is infested with a bunch of phony conservatives who get their rocks off by name calling and posting personal attacks. The idea of analyzing current social patterns to understand why America is doomed is beyond you. The concept that being familiar with those social forces will help avoid wasting resources is beyond you. Name calling is easier.

Not all conservatives are ignorant and stupid. Some of us would like to stave off the collapse of the republic as long as possible. The absolute best survivalist preparation is to adopt a strategy that makes it unnecessary. Addressing reality has only become a "liberal" identifier in the last 20 years. Prior to that, conservatives relied on knowledge and competence, without being branded a RINO.

The Wall is the survivalist equivalent of some moron who sees his neighborhood decaying, so he puts up a fence around his property. Then he buys a gun for self defense. Then he gets burglarized while he isn't home, so he puts up security cameras and alarms. Then he gets mugged on the street, so he buys mail order MREs in bulk from Costco so he won't have to go shopping. He ends up huddled in fear with a lifestyle not worth living. He would have done better to get together with like-minded, responsible neighbors to take control of his social environment, but that of course, would be Collective Action, and the radio tells him that is what "liberals" do.

If you have a better idea, let's hear it. Hiding behind a wall while your neighborhood is going to **** isn't going to buy you a future. So far the suggestions from supposed "conservatives" has been wall, security system, armed guards. NAFTA was an experiment in social engineering designed to prevent a hostile 3rd world country on our southern border, and it has been partially successful. US money has been funding the rampant corruption in Mexico and Central America. Mexico has the potential to become a 21st century nation, and all we would need to do is go to the Portuguese model of drug laws and start regulating recreational drug sales instead of leaving them up to the free market.

I know words like regulation and free market set your hair on fire, but once upon a time, "progressive conservative" was not an oxymoron. If you give conservative problem solvers a voice instead of shouting them down, maybe we will all be dead and gone before the world ends.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:12 PM

9,239 posts, read 4,872,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
No, they don't care about changing minds, their main objective is to try to get us to withdraw and not confront their BS.
I usually stay out of the blatant troll threads, until someone goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. Still, feeding the trolls is not a game the sane can win because there's no logic to their programming.

Ignore works best for me.
Still, ignoring it is a form of withdrawing, and not confronting, so that is part of what they want.

Quote:
That's why I reported this thread to mods, early on. They chose to let it ride. They KNEW what kind of controversy and debate it would produce. ...

I am disappointed that the regulars here took the bait and answered the OP. Next time, just report it to admin and do not participate in the dialog. Yeah, I know...easier said than done!
As long as the moderators choose to "let it ride," ignoring the trolls is giving tacit approval or implicit agreement to their nonsense. (Of course, the moderators are, by letting it ride, giving approval to their nonsense!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I agree. I fell into it because I can't stand to let their propaganda and lies go unchallenged.

This thread "could" have a prepping angle to it but they clearly are not interested in discussing that. It's just pure politic talking points to them
And the way these things come up makes me wonder if there is a coordinated action to their attacks on us. I know in the off line world, there is indeed coordination among the attackers (in other words, the civil war has already begun, but we aren't openly killing one another ... yet! )

Old 01-17-2019, 12:26 PM

2,934 posts, read 1,918,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Still, ignoring it is a form of withdrawing, and not confronting, so that is part of what they want.

As long as the moderators choose to "let it ride," ignoring the trolls is giving tacit approval or implicit agreement to their nonsense. (Of course, the moderators are, by letting it ride, giving approval to their nonsense!)

And the way these things come up makes me wonder if there is a coordinated action to their attacks on us. I know in the off line world, there is indeed coordination among the attackers (in other words, the civil war has already begun, but we aren't openly killing one another ... yet! )
They're trying.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...eball_shooting

Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
That is just the tip of the iceberg.

There have been dozens of people killed and
thousands of lives turned upside down by Leftist
forces, and it isn't hard to "follow the money"
to see that these are coordinated attacks on us.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,303,043 times
I feel sorry for the invaders who were told that all they needed to do was make it to the border and they would be allowed into the country. To me, there is a profound difference between someone who is leaving to find a better life, and someone who is fleeing to save their life. If they fear for their lives, why don't they go to a country other than the U.S.?

From what I have read, WhatsApp and Facebook rallied them, and gave them an unrealistic expectation of what would happen once they reached the border.

https://www.laweekly.com/news/social...ravan-10106188

Now they are trapped. Mexico doesn't want them, nor does the U.S.

I am even more sorry for the children who were brought here illegally and have lived here all their lives. It is like they are living in the shadows. Because they were raised here, culturally they are not citizens of their home country, but because they were brought in illegally, they are also not citizens of the U. S. If we give them citizenship, we are rewarding bad behavior. I know of no instance where rewarding bad behavior resulted in long term good.

If we allow these invaders in, can we morally keep out invaders from other countries? If a boatload of people from Mediterranean countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq arrive and demand entry, can we keep them out if we have allowed these caravans entry? Where do we draw the line?

I am in favor of the wall. I am in favor of increased patrolling of our border. I am in favor of quickly expelling illegals. I am in favor of punishing anyone who hires an illegal. I am in favor of changing the laws to bring in the workers we need easily.

I wish I had a solution, a practical way to accomplish this, but I don't. I am not that wise.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:12 PM

6,764 posts, read 8,638,940 times
Quote:
I agree to a point, however, I would propose that ignoring them and removing their relevance and giving them nothing to feed on to keep a useless political thread like this active in effect nullifies their programming as pelosiedrones since they need to have people upset and mad to write responses to their hyperbole and keep their BS out in front of everyone.

Those of us that actually Prep or do Self Sufficiency don't need their line of claptrap in order to post, and by ignoring them and posting the information and threads that actually pertain to the stated purpose of this board doesn't let them win, it's just depriving them of the attention they so desperately crave.

Those that can think and reason know exactly that a wall and other barriers are very effective in providing security and slowing the flood of illegal aliens. The dems need those illegals to bolster their voter rolls since they don't have any message that resonates with enough of the electorate to give them the power they want so badly.
"Trump Bad" isn't enough to win back the White House, and they know it. Funny how the dems including Barry Husain all argued for building a wall, and in fact built about 600 miles of wall before President Trump asked for the money to add another 200 miles to the existing wall. Now it's "ineffective". Wonder what changed.....

This board is about people that take care of themselves and understand threat assessment. Both of which are an anathema to the left.

Ignoring a yapping dog behind a fence isn't withdrawing, it's simply acknowledging that they aren't a threat and you just keep going about your business.
Yelling at the yapping dog just keeps them yapping, and nobody wins.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I agree to a point, however, I would propose that ignoring them and removing their relevance and giving them nothing to feed on to keep a useless political thread like this active in effect nullifies their programming as pelosiedrones since they need to have people upset and mad to write responses to their hyperbole and keep their BS out in front of everyone.
If we are going to go that route, we need
to have a coordinated effort to do it.

And we need to report the pelosidrone threads
literally dozens of times, until the mods
kill them, else the peolosidrones will keep posting.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:49 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,534,268 times
Quote:
If we are going to go that route, we need
to have a coordinated effort to do it.
You were not here a few years back when we went through all that.

We once had regulars here on the SS&P board who were liberal trolls. Some of us had the sense to put them on Ignore; many others refused to. They just kept on engaging them in chit-chat and the convos went on and on, bickering and fighting. It was a very unpleasant place to be.

I was ready to quit out and so were some others. We all swore we would not go through it again. I was patrolling the board because we had no mod here at the time.

Now it's your turn. The old guard will not step up this time. If this board is worth anything to you, it's up to you to grab the baton and ignore the trolling entities.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Now it's your turn. The old guard will not step up this time. If this board is worth anything to you, it's up to you to grab the baton and ignore the trolling entities.
I can take a stab at it, but one person cannot do it alone.
We need enough people reporting troll posts to get the moderators attention.
(Which is kinda pathetic, since a couple of them post in this forum.)

If they are too busy, I could volunteer as a moderator LoL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness