Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:22 PM

8,186 posts, read 8,347,275 times

Advertisements

Rotse, you are preposterous and we don't have very much in common. That being said, you make me laugh often. Good on you being true to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,897,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Rotse, you are preposterous and we don't have very much in common. That being said, you make me laugh often. Good on you being true to yourself.
You sir, are a generous man.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:33 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,847,640 times
Quote:
Glad to hear you can find some humor in my posts, HomesInSeattle.. Well, at least you don't completely hate me.. Trump supporter and all

One day we will leave our political and ideological differences aside you will find out we are actually not enemies.. We both are world travelers. You are obviously much more of one then I am. Although, my world travelling has been cut short thanks to losing my job.. But, I will get back on my feet eventually. I'd like to hear your backpacking adventures. I also was to be enstooled as a chief of the Ewe tribe when I was in Ghana. I heard you spent time in West Africa. Maybe you know about them.

Anyway, no hard feelings.. I accept and even enjoy being hated and despised and reviled by most, but not completely hated by others.. It's all worth it to be just respected by the few who know I am being genuine and true to what I believe. I am somewhat striving to be Public Enemy #1

Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanks Rots, and I agree. Here's my little remote wandering world travel blog, including a new entry I just wrote about my Nepal trip in the High Himalayas near the Tibet border last November. Maybe it will inspire you in some way. I'm not writer, more a freeform journal on 'roids. Enjoy and keep the dream alive! https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/vinceinseattle/

Old 07-23-2017, 02:59 PM

905 posts, read 1,106,588 times
Two "Seattle dating sucks" threads are now in the first page of the Seattle forums on CD...shouldn't that be a strong indicator at this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
However, I do believe if more men could just act more male like and also be a bit more humble and accepting it would help take Seattle's romantic scene to the streets rather than being confined to tablets and phones via online dating apps which always suck for men in general, since women always get "Queen-Like" status in the online dating realm.
IME, online dating in general is mostly a waste of time for guys. It's right up there with trying to stream a movie on a 28K dial-up modem on the efficiency scale. To rely solely on it in a city like Seattle where the gender ratio is favorable to women, is to bring a pocket knife to a gun fight.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks Rots, and I agree. Here's my little remote wandering world travel blog, including a new entry I just wrote about my Nepal trip in the High Himalayas near the Tibet border last November. Maybe it will inspire you in some way. I'm not writer, more a freeform journal on 'roids. Enjoy and keep the dream alive! https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/vinceinseattle/
Sounds like you have an exciting life.. I looked at some of the pictures on the blog and they are fascinating. When I get more time I will go through your blog. I really do like reading and looking at the pictures of other people's world travelling experiences. The Himalayas are also on my To-Visit list among many other places. I am getting up there in the years, but think I have about 5-10 more years of travelling experience. However, I am hoping to get an online business started so I can work and live from anywhere in the world and make money while travelling. Long term goal, who knows if achievable but that is what I am aiming for.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
Two "Seattle dating sucks" threads are now in the first page of the Seattle forums on CD...shouldn't that be a strong indicator at this point?

IME, online dating in general is mostly a waste of time for guys. It's right up there with trying to stream a movie on a 28K dial-up modem on the efficiency scale. To rely solely on it in a city like Seattle where the gender ratio is favorable to women, is to bring a pocket knife to a gun fight.

I totally agree with your assessment and like the Knife-Gun Fight analogy. Online dating is the worst thing to ever happen to men in the dating world and has resulted in a huge epidemic of women with "Princess Syndrome". Women who never would have even known what male attention was like back in the day now have hordes of men pampering and boosting their ego over dating sites. Although, just as with every romance trash novel, most of the online profile fantasies dissolve once people start actual dating.

I do know some people in certain cities who do have luck sleeping with lots of women via more sex-friendly apps like Tinder. In cities like Boise, which are many, many times worse than Seattle, especially in regards to gender-balance (city is like 60-65% male in 20-40 age group), apps like these are sometimes only means for having fun with young, pretty girls versus having to date triple/quadrupled divorced angry, man-hating single mothers with loads of drama, crazy ex's, depressed kids and lots of bills for you to pay. This seems to be the type of women readily available on most dating sites in small cities with too many single men like Boise and many other conservative, small town/small cities in USA.

I will say compared to some places I have lived Seattle is a gold mine for women, especially in neighborhoods like Fremont with lots of young and decent looking women hanging out at neighborhood joints. I've walked into bars in Fremont with attractive girls sitting by themselves reading books at the bar and nobody talking to them. You would never see such a thing in many of the smaller, more conservative towns I have lived in. Any attractive girl sitting at a bar in a city like Boise would in a matter of minutes have horny, desperate and/or drunk men all over them, which usually results in scaring them away or being overwhelmed by all the attention.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 07-24-2017 at 02:17 PM..

Old 07-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanks Rots, being that I am a benevolent progressive capitalist , I work my rear off much of the year but then bounce a way for a few good trips, keeps me going, you know?

Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,623,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post
So, I will be moving into the Seattle/surrounding areas soon. OP: you are lucky you get even 1 date. I will get zero because really, I am butt ugly. I am sick of the same stuff that happens all the time and the immature/unethical/immoral things that we have to go through. It's not fair or right but sadly it is what it is. Another year alone... *sigh*

The other thing I have now constrained myself is, because I have gotten back to my faith even more - I can only do "courting" and not "dating" and no pre-martials.... yeah...
I think that I have solved the riddle ugly men will not date ugly women , therefore remaining solitary and lonely and sad.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:07 AM

1,487 posts, read 785,863 times
My mom told me two things growing up: you usually meet your life partner on your path of similar interests or work. She also said opposites might attract, but like-minded people stay together.
If you guys need to rub one out,then do it. Don't look to females to scratch your itch, if that's all it is you want. Be responsible for your own satisfaction. Maybe if you guys let off some steam,you'd be more focused on finding a real meaningful relationship, instead of relying on us women to take care of your desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area