Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 10:15 PM

35 posts, read 37,110 times

Advertisements

Based on this one post, seems the OP has a lot of "me" work to do. Know who you are, get comfy in your skin, and stop trying too hard and your romantic life will take care of itself. Start with understanding that your "luck" with the ladies, good and bad, starts and stops with you. Own that and you'll be well on your way.

That said, dry spells suck. I assure you, something will click the moment you least expect it. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 11:19 PM

8,172 posts, read 8,310,335 times
Herbie, well spoken. The truth, with heartfelt and sincere encouragement. Good combo.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
There's nothing wrong with Seattle women. They're some of the most polite I've seen.

So you met a few who were not interested in you and you got frustrated. Please...
Bullseye . ...

Old 12-29-2016, 12:43 AM

83 posts, read 71,287 times
Rampant feminism as elsewhere in the US. Why even bother? Most of them are a bunch of overweight, tatted up, pierced up hipsters. You consider that attractive? They're not worth your time. If there's one normal looking chick all the guys will be over her and the ***** shields will rise high but that same girl would be considered average somewhere in Eastern Europe for example. Look elsewhere. Plenty of feminine women on this planet worth pursuing. Many of them would love to move to America.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:55 AM

6 posts, read 14,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
It has been many years since I was dating but I would say that maybe you should cast your net shallow and wide as opposed to narrow and deep.

Treat it as a numbers game. Dates that don't work out should be shrugged so you can move along to the next one, etc.
I have tried many avenues to date, ranging from online dating to being introduced to girls by relatives or church acquaintances. All of them seem to end up as a one-date occurence. Girls here tend to be flakes, that for sure.

You meet them for coffee and chat. you think that things will lead on. Only to have me ask the girl for a follow-up date, maybe walk around Pt Defiance Park or have lunch together, and the girl makes up excuses that she will meet up with co-workers on Saturday, and then you ask her if she's available other days and she makes excuses that Christmas Shopping is on her agenda.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin42 View Post
Do we really need another thread like this? REALLY? It's always the OP's fault. Always. End of story.
Hey franklin, quit placing the blame on me when you know jack sh-t about my situations.

I am an honest and hard working guy.

I have had difficulty dating here in Seattle or greater Puget Sound area because I have tried internet dating and this city is worse off than my home city in California.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I supervise 5 employees, 4 of them, ages 26-32 have gotten married in the 6 years that I have been their manager. Both my daughter and my son have gotten married in the last 8 years. All of them met here in the Seattle area. I don't think your experience can be considered a general problem with the "girls" here.
Well, whipee doo on your employees getting laid or getting married early on in life. There are also factors that affect one's chances of dating, including socio-economic class, your racial background, etc.

Yes, I have traveled to various cities on the left coast, and WA state girls in general tend to be flakes.

They're very picky and snooty, kind of like girls I've met in L.A.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:43 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,952,269 times
Yeah, OP it is hard as hell dating anywhere. Ladies are taught find the best you can. But it never ends, there is always someone better looking, taller, more money, smarter than you. The search using that criteria means one's search is never over.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:48 AM

8,172 posts, read 8,310,335 times
Count me as another vote for what Rombus said. I know just in my Seattle social circle a number of physically beautiful, very healthy, highly educated, sharply witty, widely traveled, extremely intelligent, financially independent/successful and very cultured women. It is a fact that Seattle and this area have a high percentage of people like this, both men and women. Men need to bring much to the table to interest some one like that in them, I agree. The flip side is that women need to bring a lot to the table to interest these kinds of men. So, you are challenged from two sides: women who demand a whole lot more and really put together men who are true competition for you. To me, it's worth it in spades. OP, make yourself the best you can be (emotionally, physically, vocationally, attitude wise). Cultivate "you", then there will be much more of "them" interested in you. In fact, do that and you will be irresistible!

Last edited by homesinseattle; 12-29-2016 at 07:47 AM..

Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSnowFlakes View Post
I have tried many avenues to date, ranging from online dating to being introduced to girls by relatives or church acquaintances. All of them seem to end up as a one-date occurence. Girls here tend to be flakes, that for sure.

You meet them for coffee and chat. you think that things will lead on. Only to have me ask the girl for a follow-up date, maybe walk around Pt Defiance Park or have lunch together, and the girl makes up excuses that she will meet up with co-workers on Saturday, and then you ask her if she's available other days and she makes excuses that Christmas Shopping is on her agenda.
If all of your dating experience boils down to "one and done", isn't it possible that it's not entirely due to character defects of other people?

People in this area, of all ages and types, get together all the time.

Perhaps, instead of bemoaning how "girls" in this area don't give "good guys" a chance, take a look at yourself and what you are bringing to the table, so to speak. Also, do you really want "girls" who are not that into you to continue to go out with you? Are you really that desperate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area