Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 12:52 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,600,055 times

Advertisements

My guess is Seattlesnowsnowflakes is obnoxious, self centered with an ugly heart. Self explanatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 11:51 AM

513 posts, read 500,042 times
As usual, a bunch of "5/10" guys complaining that the "8-10/10" women aren't interested. Guess what, if you are spending a lot of time bitter about women, overweight, etc., you are not going to score a supermodel unless you are rich. Y'all are so "rational" you should know that. Make yourself as attractive as you can be, try to be positive, and be successful in your career. Being angry and bitter from a keyboard just puts you further into undateable territory.

Yes, it sucks to not be able to attract women out of your league, but that's life. Lots of plain jane, overweight women have the same problem. Make the most of what you've got, get realistic expectations and stop being so bitter. Why should someone "settle" for you, when you aren't willing to "settle"

Old 10-15-2017, 02:03 PM

4 posts, read 4,176 times
The women are PERFECT OP.

They are intelligent, wealthy, amazing, caring, loving, brilliant, human beings.

You need to ascend the mountain of humanity to be worthy of their time rather than wallowing in the mire of misogyny. You need to start finding a polyamorous overweight women with several STDs to share time with when she isn't with other men (and who do you think you are to enslave her like that?). You think you're worthy of an "average" girl? Why do you slander them with such insulting verbiage? Nothing about any of the women here is average. If you had brains you'd know that.

Stop thinking you are better than you are. There are no flaws here except for YOU, OP. LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:45 PM

638 posts, read 530,066 times
How men feel about Seattle is how women feel about Atlanta or New York. Deal with it. Or date in Portland. Not gonna pretend the ratio doesn’t affect behavior, but complaining isn’t going to solve a darn thing and it is supply and demand. There is no need for me to do my hair, put on fancy shoes, and play ***** cat with a guy who will still consider me second tier to an average LA woman. And I get it, you feel the same way.

What do you want to hear? A chorus of Seattle women crying “oh no we don’t want to be called fat and ugly! Boohoo! We’ll try harder!” That just won’t happen. The sooner Hetero make posters accept this they can stop whining, I don’t care if any of you don’t think I’m hot. So what? I don’t need you. Boohoo. Go find some women who think you are a good catch and get over it.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:46 PM

638 posts, read 530,066 times
LOL at the asterisks... I should have said kitty but did not mean that in the obscene sense.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:01 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,071,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSnowFlakes View Post
I don't have much time to write out my disgust and anger with the dating scene that I've experienced in the Seattle area (also includes Tacoma, Lacey and Snohomish county areas.

Girls I've been on dates with only met with me one time.

One girl was even rude to text message me, addressed me as "hey" and told me she didn't want to continue with me.

Another girl, I thought we clicked together. She was introduced to me by my mother's friend. We sent each other text messages and met up at a coffee shop. I thanked her for the coffee shop get-together and wanted to have lunch with her. Her response was that she was going to eat out with co-workers on a Saturday. I then asked her about eating out together on Sunday. No response. I then texted her three hours later, in which she "finally" responded that she was going to go Christmas shopping.
To make a long story short, she ended up not responding to my subsequent text messages.

Why the hell are Seattle/Puget Sound girls so rude and don't meet up on more dates or show interest in a good guy who approach them?

I'm sick and tired of these one-time date/meet ups and not advancing any further. Very common amongst the ladies of Seattle / Puget Sound area. This is a guy coming from outside of WA state.
I see a blowup doll in your NEAR future. The women of Seattle will be relieved.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:26 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,835,246 times
My feelings are a group of two or three guys with some moderate pick-up skills and an outgoing personality could clean house in Seattle. However, sadly, too many guys here are anti-social, shy, insular and snobby and actually turn away women. In Boise, Idaho it was the opposite, too many aggressive, drunk, creepy and douchey guys who would scare women away. I remember one guy I met in Boise and decided to hang out with one night, would cuss out girls who would not accept his advances. I was like "BROOOOO, do you actually want to hook up with a lady tonight? You are scaring them all away." He finally, reluctantly, admitted his techniques were not working.. LOL.. Another guy I met was a total reserved beta male and when we went to a bar for some live music he would just go up next to the girls stand and stare at them. I asked him if he was going to make a move and say hello and he said he was getting ready to. BUt, instead, he would just stand there and stare.. He ruined the opportunity for both of us (since I was with him) and not only creeped out the girls, but creeped out me too. Ultra-Beta or Ultra-Alpha doesn't make for the best environment to hook up with women.

I think if more people became pro-active and stopped sitting around whining about how horrible the women are would actually find much success, even in a place like Seattle. In my opinion, the subdued and reserved Northern culture of the city has potential. Shy and reserved girls are actually intrigued by meeting outgoing men with Alpha male personalities, even if on paper they are so-called progressive, liberal, independent feminist types. Many women put up a wall, but a little work can help break those walls down. In some societies, where men are hot blooded, outgoing, it is almost expected than a man has balls if he even wants to have any chance with hooking up with a girl.

The worst place to pick up women are conservative cities and smaller towns in general. I know from experience. Despite, being conservative, myself, I actually think towns with a larger liberal population have way more available single women. In conservative towns, like Boise, you have women who get married out of high school. They go from one broken marriage to the next broken marriage and the dating pool is very small. You will not find women looking to date, you will find needy and desperate women who have kids from multiple marriages and looking for a provider. This makes for a gruesome dating environment, especially if men outnumber women significantly in the city (like Boise 60% male). Anyone who thinks Seattle is bad take a trip to Boise or maybe other places like Salt Lake City and then you will feel like Seattle is heaven.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:46 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,737 times
Supply & Demand

Plus, more of the Miss Independent mindset.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:02 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
My feelings are a group of two or three guys with some moderate pick-up skills and an outgoing personality could clean house in Seattle. However, sadly, too many guys here are anti-social, shy, insular and snobby and actually turn away women. .
This describes it, in my observations and experience.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:11 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
As usual, a bunch of "5/10" guys complaining that the "8-10/10" women aren't interested. Guess what, if you are spending a lot of time bitter about women, overweight, etc., you are not going to score a supermodel unless you are rich. Y'all are so "rational" you should know that. Make yourself as attractive as you can be, try to be positive, and be successful in your career. Being angry and bitter from a keyboard just puts you further into undateable territory.

Yes, it sucks to not be able to attract women out of your league, but that's life. Lots of plain jane, overweight women have the same problem. Make the most of what you've got, get realistic expectations and stop being so bitter. Why should someone "settle" for you, when you aren't willing to "settle"

I never really found that to be Seattle's problem. I always (and keep in mind, I was never single when living in Seattle, so this is just from observing the dating struggles of people I knew, as well as having to interact with a lot of the women these people would occasionally date) found the issue to be the other direction. That being, a bunch of women who were 6's on their best day, armed with Communications or Gender Studies degrees who, in spite of being 6's and having very little earning power, nonetheless felt that they were somehow entitled to some 200K a year Microsoft worker who also took the time to chisel out his abs. The women were completely unrealistic in their expectations. And - even though tech money is more abundant these days - there were only so many of those guys to go around. I've got one friend up there who hasn't been a second or third date in *years*. There's nothing wrong with him, he's not even socially awkward. Probably would be classified as solidly above average on the handsomeness scale. His only real crime is that he only clears about 65 grand a year working a trade, and drives a Honda (and, in most of the world, this wouldn't be thought of as a negative). And the women he's finding and going out with....I mean, let's just say we're not going to be seeing any of them on the cover of Vogue any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area