Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2021, 10:43 AM

7,735 posts, read 4,723,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Your probably right. If I lived in SF I’d be looking into buying protection like a gun. The lunatics and criminals have taken over the asylum

Just buy insurance and camera systems. You don't want to lose your life over these morons. The insurance companies haven't stopped investigating, and if the problem becomes large enough, they know where to go.

Remember the Somali pirates from a decade or so ago? Those boats are insured. If pirates take them over, the insurance company has to pay, and those ships are not cheap.

However, for a lot less money, they can hire other pirates to steal the ships back. Ones that have military experience, equipment and are only paid in international waters.

Ever wonder why we no longer have a piracy problem there?

Who knows who will have the iron throne post election....but the iron bank runs things old school when it's worth their while to get involved, and it raises premiums on everyone else in an area if it's the only establishing law and order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 11:15 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,843,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Your probably right. If I lived in SF I’d be looking into buying protection like a gun. The lunatics and criminals have taken over the asylum

I have not seen a noticeable surge of crime in the area of SF I live in. No reported mob blitz theft of the stores in this area nor in some other areas of SF. As another respondent on this posting thread rather stated....there are a number of neighborhoods/areas of SF in which this type of criminal activity & homeless camped out are much less of a issue. For me the main complaint personally in my neighborhood, is the crappy weather in the summer months....this time of year though, more sunny days and moderate temps.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:28 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshampoo View Post
1/3 of Americans identity as woke. So I’m not sure what to tell you. So there isn’t a anti-racist social Justice equity worldview to the point of insanity?
I'd sure appreciate it if you would post your source for that claim.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:41 AM

56 posts, read 23,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I hope you will bring one of these people who use the term "woke" to this board because I have yet to hear anyone other than a conservative use that word in the context you are describing.
Why would I need to bring a poster who identifies as “woke” to the table? What difference does it make whether it is self identified or assigned by conservatives. Woke is a real worldview. Are you denying the “woke” culture? This is all part of certain individuals imagination?

Old 11-24-2021, 11:43 AM

56 posts, read 23,113 times
Quote:
I'd sure appreciate it if you would post your source for that claim.
I already did.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I already did.
one poll in which 30% of people said they were 'woke', ok fair enough. But I have never heard the word used in conversation anywhere and in the context in which it's been used here l consider it to be a pejorative term used by conservatives to smut up people who they have decided are liberal.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Long, long ago. To think, Republicans were governors all but 2 terms from 1967 to 1999. Seems like a hundred years ago, but it is only 20. The damage done in the past 20 years of continuous liberal rule is catastrophic.
Take a look at the crime rate during those Republican administrations:

posted pursuant to fair use doctrine

Old 11-24-2021, 12:14 PM

36,746 posts, read 67,916,907 times
Quote:
1/3 of Americans identity as woke.
No, they identify as conscious of racial injustice, not the word "woke" the way conservatives insinuate.

I like what Rebecca Solnit said about how the meaning changed from being loose slang into almost a slur by the right.
“woke” became a marker of the not-OK Boomer, a bilious word whose meaning was more in who said it than in what it meant or mocked. In other words, Woke died. Cool young people were not sad that Woke was dead, because he was no longer their word, and mean old people were not sad because they did not know he was dead. The end.

This word now belongs to asshats like Tucker Carlsen and Donsld Trump Jr.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:15 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,237,693 times
Quote:
one poll in which 30% of people said they were 'woke', ok fair enough. But I have never heard the word used in conversation anywhere and in the context in which it's been used here l consider it to be a pejorative term used by conservatives to smut up people who they have decided are liberal.
Nobody cares what you think about the term woke. Geez this is a post about crime. Stop deflecting for once

Old 11-24-2021, 12:18 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,843,993 times
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...by-crime-rate/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland