Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2021, 11:02 AM

21,759 posts, read 16,378,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Of course it is among the woke crowd, that’s no surprise at all. I’m not surprised a Bay Area news station would continually run a story on it either, we are the woke capital of the world.
Ah, so the state law is written in ‘Wokese’ … eh? And the criminologist and journalism ethics professors are ‘Wokeseans’ I presume? Lo’effing L
Quote:
Lol, are you serious?
No. And neither was the poster I quoted. Kinda the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2021, 11:17 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,818,423 times
https://www.safewise.com/blog/most-dangerous-cities/

https://fox4kc.com/news/fbi-data-kan...-rates-in-u-s/

Old 11-25-2021, 11:17 AM

5,588 posts, read 5,029,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Round and round here we go, where she stops nobody knows.
Charge admission $5.00 per person.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,690,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ah, so the state law is written in ‘Wokese’ … eh? And the criminologist and journalism ethics professors are ‘Wokeseans’ I presume? Lo’effing L

No. And neither was the poster I quoted. Kinda the point.
Again this an anonymous internet message board, not a court of law where that distinction actually matters. Where do you think a lot of this wokeness originates and emanates from? But let me guess, because they’re a professor they are therefore an “expert” and you blindly adhere to whatever they say. LOL

Old 11-25-2021, 11:36 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshampoo View Post
I don’t understand the hang up of using the term looting? True that this flash mob thievery is organized, but really no different from looting, the ends are the same. If prosecutors weren’t so lenient on prosecuting crimes to the point of minimal consequences, you wouldn’t be seeing as many flash mob thefts happening in our major cities.
It is different than looting, I already explained that once but here goes again:

Quote:
California Penal Code Looting: 463.
(a) Every person who violates Section 459, punishable as a second-degree burglary pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 461, during and within an affected county in a “state of emergency” or a “local emergency,” or under an “evacuation order,” resulting from an earthquake, fire, flood, riot, or other natural or manmade disaster shall be guilty of the crime of looting
These recent flash mob events could likely be charged as felony robbery which can carry a sentence of 9 years in prison if there is a use or threat of force, or the infliction of bodily injury, in the course of committing or fleeing the theft.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:41 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
I don’t understand the hang up of using the term looting? True that this flash mob thievery is organized, but really no different from looting, the ends are the same. If prosecutors weren’t so lenient on prosecuting crimes to the point of minimal consequences, you wouldn’t be seeing as many flash mob thefts happening in our major cities.
You have to catch people to prosecute them. Very few of the people involved in these flash robberies have been caught, so your statement about lenient prosecution makes absolutely no sense.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:55 AM

56 posts, read 22,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It is different than looting, I already explained that once but here goes again:

These recent flash mob events could likely be charged as felony robbery which can carry a sentence of 9 years in prison if there is a use or threat of force, or the infliction of bodily injury, in the course of committing or fleeing the theft.
Looting, flash mob robbery or burglary. Still thievery.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:56 AM

56 posts, read 22,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You have to catch people to prosecute them. Very few of the people involved in these flash robberies have been caught, so your statement about lenient prosecution makes absolutely no sense.
Doesn’t help when those who are caught prosecution is lenient.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:05 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,818,423 times
Quote:
Doesn’t help when those who are caught prosecution is lenient.

From what I have seen lately on the local news, it appears that the few that were caught from the recent incidents, are not getting lenient prosecution

Old 11-25-2021, 12:12 PM

21,759 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
Again this an anonymous internet message board, not a court of law where that distinction actually matters. Where do you think a lot of this wokeness originates and emanates from? But let me guess, because they’re a professor they are therefore an “expert” and you blindly adhere to whatever they say. LOL
I see. So you think that courts of law are not influenced by public opinion … which opinions in current times are shaped to an extreme by - wait for it - social media? You think that “experts” are ignorant while rambling ranting raving anonymous internet warriors should better define our society and legal issues?

Noted.

Speaking of LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland