Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,005,543 times

Advertisements

I beat you to that one, back in May of last year: https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...t-fontana.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM

What both of you nattering nabobs of negativity refuse to address: North Fontana, complete with good schools, especially the parts that send kids to Etiwanda SD.

You can't tar the entire city with the same wide brush like it once was. Take it from someone who actually lives there. I know you won't, but you should at least pull your fingers from your ears and stop yelling "lalalalalala" for 15 or 20 seconds. You might learn something.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM

7 posts, read 16,675 times
I hear good things about the Temecula area and am considering moving there so I can purchase a home, currently renting in Carlsbad and commuting to Oceanside.Im single and see where Temecula is a great family community, is there any nightlife?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger600 View Post
I hear good things about the Temecula area and am considering moving there so I can purchase a home, currently renting in Carlsbad and commuting to Oceanside.Im single and see where Temecula is a great family community, is there any nightlife?
No. I live next to Temecula, and it's a great city and I love it here because I have a family, but don't move here if you're single and looking for nightlife. You'll regret it. Buy a condo in downtown SD. It's affordable and nightlife is the best in the country, imo.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:44 PM

687 posts, read 1,496,705 times
My family has been to schools all over the IE for sporting events. Some areas are definitely better than others. We've heard gunfire around some schools, while others had beautiful, state of the art facilities. And this was often within the same city. There are very few towns I would say stay completely away from. They all have great and not so great areas...even Fontana.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 PM

7 posts, read 16,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctourist View Post
No. I live next to Temecula, and it's a great city and I love it here because I have a family, but don't move here if you're single and looking for nightlife. You'll regret it. Buy a condo in downtown SD. It's affordable and nightlife is the best in the country, imo.
Thank you, maybe I should stay put in north county, I really want my own house and they are still affordable in the Temecula area

Old 05-04-2013, 08:25 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,784,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
It's always amusing how some people brush off stats that don't agree with their POV. If the crime index stats here at C-D more than supported your assertion (a la San Bernardino-style numbers), would they still be pulled out of a hat?
You are right. Fontana does have a lower crime rate than Riverside though not a lot lower. I checked the crime stats on Sterling.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 PM

I use the C-D index mainly because it's handy. While I have no clue how accurate it is, I do know it accurately tracks the trends here for the past 15 years, which is a steadily falling rate of all crime stats. I've been here for 10 of those years and have noticed the difference even here in my part of town, which is SoFo, the "wrong side of the tracks."

Example: last night I was walking the dog on Boyle Ave at 10:30. I passed an older couple enjoying a pre-bedtime walk in the warm night air. That doesn't happen unmolested in high-crime areas, and I do it 7 nights a week, multiple times.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,784,732 times
Crime rates have been falling all across the country for the last 15 years.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:24 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,435,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
What both of you nattering nabobs of negativity refuse to address: North Fontana, complete with good schools, especially the parts that send kids to Etiwanda SD.

You can't tar the entire city with the same wide brush like it once was. Take it from someone who actually lives there. I know you won't, but you should at least pull your fingers from your ears and stop yelling "lalalalalala" for 15 or 20 seconds. You might learn something.
I agree with you. North Fontana rivals many of the cities that are considered nice towns in the IE. Now I am going to be biased and say that the best place to live in the IE is of course MENIFEE . Its a relatively new town where the crime is still low, and because of the economic downturn and spending cuts that older cities had to endure, Menifee is thriving simply because our council members are forced to spend within the city's means. The fact that Audie Murphy Ranch is a new master planned community that's building brand new homes in Menifee is a testament that Menifee is still a place where people want to move to and buy a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties