Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM

185 posts, read 512,244 times

Advertisements

The Inland Empire is a huge area. In southern Calif you should always live close to work as possible, so I would wait until you line up a job to decide where to live. Corona is, in my opinion, the best city in the IE (+good schools). Parts of Riverside are very good, Temecula/Murrietta, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga are all good. Avoid San Bernardino, Rialto, Colton, most of Fontana and Ontario, Victorville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 03:56 PM

280 posts, read 422,239 times
I like the schools in Redlands, CA. We live near the University. There is some crime, but that can be found anywhere. Cute Victorian homes and nice historical buildings.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Cowboys Fan View Post
Avoid San Bernardino, Rialto, Colton, most of Fontana and Ontario, Victorville.
As a native Riverside Countier myself (Corona and Riverside), I always thought those SB County cities were horrible crapholes too.

Until I got to know them better.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Nothing like actually living in a place everyone else (who have never lived there) tell other people to avoid. I never did receive a response from that Riverside resident who was advising someone to stay away from Fontana and stick to Riverside because of the high crime in Fontana. He shut up after I pointed out which city had the higher (by far) crime index.

I lost my old bookmarks and can't find the part of C-D that gives stats on individual cities. Can you link me?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM

121 posts, read 290,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Nothing like actually living in a place everyone else (who have never lived there) tell other people to avoid. I never did receive a response from that Riverside resident who was advising someone to stay away from Fontana and stick to Riverside because of the high crime in Fontana. He shut up after I pointed out which city had the higher (by far) crime index.

I lost my old bookmarks and can't find the part of C-D that gives stats on individual cities. Can you link me?
It would be disingenuous to lead others to believe Fontana is a safe place and has good education, because simply is not and it does not. I wouldn't touch Fontana, but that's just my opinion regardless of any statistics you want to pull out of your hat. I grew up in next door R.C. and still own investment properties in R.C. bordering Fontana so I do have some credibility in my opinion. It's not a good place.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
regardless of any statistics you want to pull out of your hat
It's always amusing how some people brush off stats that don't agree with their POV. If the crime index stats here at C-D more than supported your assertion (a la San Bernardino-style numbers), would they still be pulled out of a hat?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotis View Post
Y U Callin places crapholes?
When I was naive and inexperienced, sure.

Now that I have experience and can think for myself, I won't call anywhere a craphole until I live in it long enough to make that determination.

Fontucky: https://www.city-data.com/. It's in the upper left part of the forum page (always). See: my post in the Victorville thread for an ignored attempt at pointing out crime rates.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM

121 posts, read 290,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
It's always amusing how some people brush off stats that don't agree with their POV. If the crime index stats here at C-D more than supported your assertion (a la San Bernardino-style numbers), would they still be pulled out of a hat?
Why didn't you just tell him to compare statistics of crime in Fontana vs Mogadishu or Juarez, MX? Instead, you should ask him to compare Fontana stats against those of Chino Hills, Redlands, or even neighboring Rancho Cucamonga. That would be reasonable. Do not try to steer people wrong. Fontana is a ghetto and is not even debatable so please do not try to put lipstick on that pig.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 PM

You're living in the past, hoss. Things have changed since you "grew up in next-door RC." Embrace that fact. Don't let the past drag you down.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,888,673 times
Oh sure, Fontana managed to escape its ghetto status during an economic downturn within a matter of a decade. Right.

Let's take a look at reality for a second:

Fontana girl killed at 16th-birthday party - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties