Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 AM

88 posts, read 726,358 times

Advertisements

does anybody know about chaffey community college or any other surronding community colleges in inland empire. I would like to live in fontana, rancho, rialto, upland, ect....

im also looking at irvine valley college

i would like to know if these schools are good especially for transfering to other colleges like UCLA, USC, Cal State-Long Beach, Cal State-San Marcos, Chapman ect.... Ill be going to school for accounting.

help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
no schools, except UC Riverside, in the I.E. are good. try Santa Monica Community College or El Camino, fullerton college, long beach city college, pasadena city college, and west los angeles college. In order, the best are SMCC, El Camino, Pasadena, West LA, Fullerton, and LBCC.

is there a certain reason you want the IE and nowhere else in LA

Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
no schools, except UC Riverside, in the I.E. are good. try Santa Monica Community College or El Camino, fullerton college, long beach city college, pasadena city college, and west los angeles college. In order, the best are SMCC, El Camino, Pasadena, West LA, Fullerton, and LBCC.

is there a certain reason you want the IE and nowhere else in LA
most of my fam is in IE....i dont know LA well enough to live their although i heard good stuff about culver city and santa monica area.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
the IE has bad schools. you dont want to go there. go with SMCC or El Camino which are in LA proper.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:04 AM

320 posts, read 1,733,273 times
Claremont has quite a few very good colleges, also Azusa Pacific in Glendora. While I don't reccomend Azusa to live in Glendora or San Dimas are great cities

Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
Claremont has quite a few very good colleges, also Azusa Pacific in Glendora. While I don't reccomend Azusa to live in Glendora or San Dimas are great cities
yeah i would like to get into clarmont mckenna but i just dont know where to goto school at

Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,844 times
Chafey is a good community college. It depends on what you are wanting to major in.
MBG

Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM

105 posts, read 374,548 times
Please do not let those others tell you there are no good schools in the I.E it is complete bull crap. Chaffey is an excellent community college, it does depend on your major. they have a very good nursing school, and a film and photography department. Riverside Community is probably the best though. They have excellent professors and a good reputation. It also transfers very easily to the University of California at Riverside. UCR is also an excellent school. Some people have mentioned the Claremont Colleges, which are nationally recognized as some of the best schools in the country. They are universities not community colleges. Any work you do at Chaffey is transferable to UCLA, or USC. Fullfill either the IGETC or Breadth requirements, get good grades, and you can transfer anywhere you want. Good luck.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:33 PM

6 posts, read 29,417 times
Yes, I'm sick of the hits on the Inland Empire, too! I hear that Crafton Hills Community College here in Yucaipa is good and the housing is reasonable and safe. We lived in Orange County for years and it was no haven from crime. We feel much safer here. Our daughter attended Los Angeles Community College, after several years off finding herself, transferred to Cal State Long Beach, earned 2 bachelors degrees and a master's and just got a fellowship to UCLA for her doctorate work. It all depends on how much you want to apply yourself at any accredited school. Good luck in pursuing your dreams and attaining your goals.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM

49 posts, read 244,952 times
I agree, Inland Empire has much to offer. There is some good advice in these posts about the inland impire. Your majors will vary in some community colleges with their strengths of the curriculum. For the most part check out the coleges yourself and go with what your field of study would be and how you fit in with their classes. Most classes are transferable however, check with a counselor first of you intent to transfer to a university. Community colleges is a great start for getting your general ed classes out of the way, reasonably priced and then on to extend your study. Your choice should be just that.... your choice. I've lived in Los Angeles, I've gone to school in several locations and find that living in the inland empire is by far richer in social ethics. A lesson you'd want your children to learn. Inland Empire can offer much for living and for an excellent education. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties