Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 37,275 times

Advertisements

Hallo, we are relocating to Southern California, and my husband will work in Rancho Cucamonga. The houses closer to Rancho seem to be much more expensive than the homes down south (Murrieta, Temecula etc). I know that traffic would be a problem if we live there.

Any Info or advice would be appreciated, especially if you could give advice on schools etc.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 01:15 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,473,353 times
Temecula and Murrieta are great areas, but are quite distant from a large source of jobs, that presents a major problem for some folks. I'm not sure about the traffic on the 15 freeway, maybe someone else can help.

BTW, Temecula and Murrieta are not considered to be in the Inland Empire!

Last edited by dusesean1986; 02-15-2007 at 01:30 PM..

Old 02-15-2007, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 37,275 times
Thanks for the info. I don't know much about California, I've never been there so it's hard to relocate without knowing much about the area.
Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:34 PM

259 posts, read 1,919,331 times
Default Rancho To Temecula

I CAN HELP YOU AS I HAVE LIVED IN BOTH RANCHO CUC. AND TEMECULA....THE DRIVE WOULD BE 1 HR. WITH NO TRAFFIC....2 HRS. DURING TRAFFIC...THE 15 CAN BE A NIGHTMARE!!...ARE YOU GOING TO RENT OR BUY? I WOULD SUGGEST TO RENT FIRST....THERE ARE A FEW AREAS TO CHOOSE FROM NEAR RANCHO THAT ARE NOT AS EXPENSIVE...LOOK IN THE NORTH END OF FONTANA...THIS AREA HAS BEEN BUILT IN THE LAST 5 YEARS..ALL NEW AND SITS RIGHT ON THE BORDER OF RANCHO....WHERE ARE YOU MOVING FROM?.IF YOU NEED ANY MORE ADVISE, LET ME KNOW

Old 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,473,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcl123 View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't know much about California, I've never been there so it's hard to relocate without knowing much about the area.
Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it.
The weather is great, the middle class is non-existant. The summers area a dry heat, not humid in summer, without about an average high of 95, and the nightime low for the summer is around the high 60's. The low in the winter is low 40's, with the high being mid 60's.(weather.com) A website of weatherchannel.com. The same could be said for Temecula and Murrieta, except a tad colder in the winter nights. The more money you have will assure you a better life. Many areas in the inland empire are not disparaging looking, it's just certain parts have more gang activity, even though they don't effect the general public. My Uncle lived in Moreno Valley, and gangmembers moved next door, so he took off to the hills of Moreno Valley. California is extremely diverse, and you'll quickly notice it. We have large populations of latinos, blacks, asians, and I love the multiculturalism. Anymore questions friend?!?! HOPE I HELPED YOU A GREAT DEAL!!! By the way, stay away from the 91 freeway at rush hour, the world travels it, unless you pay the toll lane fee.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 PM

6 posts, read 40,750 times
You may want to read this recent post an another board
regarding real estate in this area.

Hope this helps.

http://piggington.com/help_i_rent_an..._to_sell_to_me

Mr. Drysdale

Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 PM

15 posts, read 90,654 times
Temecula, Murrieta and French Valley are nice..I know people that really like Menifee too..Very affordable..I really like this area for raising a family...I've lived in other areas..so glad I've moved here..schools are great..the people are overall very nice..If you need to commute, then that's the only thing..I know that the 215 & 91 backs up... if you don't need to commute as the busy times, then it's OK..I'm not sure about public transportation as far as trains etc>>>????

Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 PM

15 posts, read 90,654 times
continued- I don't quite agreee with the article- the market will be soft for the next 3, maybe 4 years...I don't think it will bottom out.. I used to think that...If you get a good deal-great! (IF you plan to stay in a house for a while).. not for a flipper!!! Short sales and Bank Owned- lots of them, but their still not really budging much on the price.. Better chance on the short sale- if you have the patience!!! Some new home builders are actually with he better deals!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,863,199 times
Try looking at Upland, the northern parts of Ontario, Alta Loma. The nicer parts (also the more expensive parts) are pretty much north of the 10 fwy and west of the 15 fwy. Look in some of the older neighborhoods. A lot of the the area is brand-new construction on the higher end.

The further away you live, the long the commute, and the rush hour is pretty much 6 to 10 am and about 2:30 to 7. So there really isn't much getting around it. Also try and think opposite the commute - in the morning, traffic is going to the west and south - go the other way!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,856,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Temecula and Murrieta are great areas, but are quite distant from a large source of jobs, that presents a major problem for some folks. I'm not sure about the traffic on the 15 freeway, maybe someone else can help.

BTW, Temecula and Murrieta are not considered to be in the Inland Empire!

Dusesean,

When I lived in Canyon Lake (just east of Elsinore, between there and Quail Valley) we (as a town) certainly considered ourselves part of the IE, and Inland Empire Magazine covers the Temecula Valley area as well. SB and RIV counties were collectively the "IE", cause it wasn't "north San Diego".

I concur on the 15 fwy issue. We moved from the area last year, and it was bad enough then, during my visits, it's only gotten worse. I would strongly urge you to suck it up and pay for the house in Cucamonga, or see if you can find something less pricey just west of there in Upland. Just about any neighborhood around the 210 fwy from Day Creek over to Baseline should be pretty good from what I recall...

You may also want to look in NORTH Fontana (up around 15/Summit) but stay way the hell away from the rest of Fontana IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties