Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 PM

732 posts, read 3,555,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I'm taking a census of households with pets. Now what is the names of your pets?

We have tortoiseshell cat named Pepper. We adopted her from a shelter back in Anacortes, WA. Her name suits her because she is black with orange,brown, and beige speckles - but also because she used to live on a boat with her previous owner, a retired sailor named "Salty".

When "Salty" was placed in a retirement home, he abandoned Pepper at the docks and she was rescued by the shelter and then adopted by us. She is the BEST cat we could ask for - especially with two very inquisitive kids under 3. She is a bit shy around our 2 1/2 year old but is especially maternal and loving towards our 8 month old. I think it's because she was around for my whole pregnancy and present at the birth (we gave birth here at home.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,854,038 times
I thought I'd introduce you to a lazy Raisin, I shot this pic last night while he was sleeping next to me. After i shot the first image, he stretched.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Raisin001.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Raisin002.jpg

Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,567,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
HA! That explains it... there's no way I could have drank all of that ...
Yeah right, keep telling yourself that!

So now we're telling our pet secrets, huh? Ok, here goes. Currently residing at our house are : Molly Jane - a Boxer mix (mostly Boxer), Hemingway - a Shih Tzu/Maltese mix, Spyder - our newest addition, a gorgeous Siberian Husky, and 4 cats ~ Fizgig (orange tabby), Babe (abandoned Calico) and Babe's two "kittens" (now grown) Bella and Wheetzie. Oh yeah, and a Beta fish with no name. (And yep, with the exception of the fish, they were all rescues/adoptions and ALL are fixed! Phew!!)

(So yeah, it does get nuts at our house!! ) (Where's the liquor cabinet George???)

Last edited by jules07; 04-17-2008 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-17-2008, 06:23 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,831,003 times
Chocolate Lab--Mercury (he got his name from the lady who owned Mercury's doggy mom when she delivered the litter---he was the first born in the back of the owner's Mercury Mountaineer on the way to the vet to deliver the rest of the puppies. When we got him we just left his name because it had a good story and is unique.)

Maine Coon--Simon (I have no idea why we named him this)

Snowshoe Manx--Keelin (Manx cats have history in Ireland. Her name means fair and slender and it fits her.)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
I think it's because she was around for my whole pregnancy and present at the birth (we gave birth here at home.)
Dang, girl, keep finding more and more we have in common! My last 2 were born at home! Wonderful experience, my absolute best births!!

(This is "sorta" on topic, right, since it gives a little glimpse into my nuttiness!!)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:29 PM

732 posts, read 3,555,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Dang, girl, keep finding more and more we have in common! My last 2 were born at home! Wonderful experience, my absolute best births!!

(This is "sorta" on topic, right, since it gives a little glimpse into my nuttiness!!)
Okay...now I KNOW we have to talk - so much to discuss!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:36 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,433,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
I thought I'd introduce you to a lazy Raisin, I shot this pic last night while he was sleeping next to me. After i shot the first image, he stretched.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Raisin001.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Raisin002.jpg
I used to have a cat for 13 yrs....now I can't have one cuz my wifey is allergic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Yeah right, keep telling yourself that!

(So yeah, it does get nuts at our house!! ) (Where's the liquor cabinet George???)
hehehe...walk past the birdcage to the right, and in the pantry. Some nights I post on here from there...

Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
hehehe...walk past the birdcage to the right, and in the pantry. Some nights I post on here from there...
That's a pretty big "pantry", I just figured it was full of food. Guess I know better now!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:16 PM

305 posts, read 1,620,535 times
Quote:
We used to have a little mutt, his name was Chewy when we adopted him, and then we changed it to Taco because of his colors. For awhile there we would call out "Chewy" and then correct ourselves and call out "Taco"....then for a bit we'd just call him chewy taco!!!
That's too weird. The last two dogs I had were named Taco (he died) and Chewy.

My name is Ted, I have three kids and a zoo. Have one cat that was inherited from our neighbor when she moved away and the cat (Justin) is now celebrating it's 17th year. Have two dogs, Jet, a chihuahua with a personality that mimics my teenage daughter. (I think that is enough said) Chewy is the other dog. He is so goofy looking in a cute sort of way. He's like rat terrier/chihuahua mix, he's got this cigar shaped body perched on long skinny legs and then to top it all off, he prances when he walks. Also have a ferret. Pooter Pottums is her name and if you can get past the odor (females have less) ferrets are hours of fun.

Whew, that took a lot out of me.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,545,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
That's too weird. The last two dogs I had were named Taco (he died) and Chewy.

My name is Ted, I have three kids and a zoo. Have one cat that was inherited from our neighbor when she moved away and the cat (Justin) is now celebrating it's 17th year. Have two dogs, Jet, a chihuahua with a personality that mimics my teenage daughter. (I think that is enough said) Chewy is the other dog. He is so goofy looking in a cute sort of way. He's like rat terrier/chihuahua mix, he's got this cigar shaped body perched on long skinny legs and then to top it all off, he prances when he walks. Also have a ferret. Pooter Pottums is her name and if you can get past the odor (females have less) ferrets are hours of fun.

Whew, that took a lot out of me.
We had a dog named Taco also! He was a little rat terrier and would sing to Whitney Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio