Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,897,837 times

Advertisements

Who's she you're referring to?? More info please!!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 PM

139 posts, read 504,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGloria View Post
After reading my previous post......Flagstaff!!!! LOL I have been living in Arizona too long (20 years). I meant to say Falstaff beer! Then there was Bongo Joe. And who can forget Ozzie Osborn reliving himself on the sacred wall of the Alamo where William Travis, Jim Bowie and the likes had probably done the same 150 + years ago. Remember when President Ford came to town. I heard he tried to eat a tamale without shucking the corn husk first. LOL The poor guy and his accidents. Many of you know this already, but if you want to eat a good tamale, toast it on top of the griddle first, with or without the corn husk. People that have never tried it are suprised at how good they make tamales taste. That is the only way I eat tamales. Linda Medlar? .... It may not be related really, but then there was Theresa Brown, the madam to the stars in San Antonio. Apart from the Cisneros Alamo Dome, there was the South Texas Nuclear Project or as (Dubya Bush would say,.... Nucular). Then there was the very appropriately painted Pink Elephant also known as Fiesta Mall. But why stop there. Cisneros muffed up his position as head of HUD. Bernardo Ureste was his nemesis and made city council business interesting before the powers ran him out of town. Question: I've asked this from many of my friends and relatives and no one seems to know the answer. What happened to Frank Wing (city council member)? I've noticed he has a building named after him. Did he pass away and became a sentimental favorite to name a city building after him? My paragraphs won't separate. I hit the return/enter key twice and still no dice.
Wow I went to school with Frank's sister and brother. I had forgotten about that.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:55 PM

35 posts, read 116,027 times
Anyone remember Apron's restaraunt on Walzem ? 1983-?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 PM

136 posts, read 332,346 times
[quote=1313;5328601]My initial reaction is that the Chicken Shack building looks like the current Good Time Charlies which is on Broadway near Mulberry.

We used to alternate between Leslie's and Youngblood's for Sunday dinner, but we always went just down the street to Toddle House for desert. Had the most wonderful "Ice box" pies; Chocolate, Bannana, and Butterscotch.

Dad travelled a lot and would always stop at a Toddle House for food.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 PM

139 posts, read 504,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Wow I went to school with Frank's sister and brother. I had forgotten about that.
Maybe it was his son an Daughter. I can't remember. HHW

Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,439,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg1208 View Post
Something about one the weirdest burials ever. That's why she was
in Guiness Book.
Was she the lady buried in her car?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 PM

35 posts, read 116,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur1 View Post
Prior to that being the location of the "Spanish Galleon", was that the location of a "Zeider Zee". I thought I remembered the vanes of a windmill sticking out where the ship stuck out.

"Hungry Farmer"? Weren't there locations on San Pedro, Pat Booker Road, and S.W. Military Drive (Still there)? Man, it was good.

Yeah, the original "Blanco Cafe" was and still is at the southeast corner of Blanco and Elsmere. There was another restaurant in that location prior to "Blanco" but memory fails.

There was a Hungry Farmer on Rigsby too !

Old 09-24-2008, 02:56 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,548,712 times
I remember in the seventies I had some friends who worked at Christies. As they were leaving for work they grabbed their 22 pistols. I asked them what they needed them for and they told me they like to shoot rats on their breaks!

Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,548,712 times
There was a Hungry Farmer on Marbach..It is a Chinese Buffet now

Old 09-24-2008, 03:52 PM

159 posts, read 785,625 times
Default Ghost of the Bambino.....in SA?

Quote:
An interesting exercise in communication:

The first time I read your statement, I thought you were saying Babe Ruth was somehow batting at the top of the Tower of Americas, and you had even found a picture of him doing that.

After re-reading it, I guess you’re saying there’s a picture at the top of the Tower that shows Babe Ruth batting at Mission Stadium.
Yes, at the top not on the top.....lol. The babe died 20 years before the tower was built, so yes that would be quite the picture. I found this same picture in a book about the history of basball in San Antonio. The caption has the year being 1930 and the game taking place at League Stadium. Any idea of where this stadium was located?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio