Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM

19 posts, read 43,276 times

Advertisements

Or if you know which house the cars belong to, why not just introduce yourself and ask them?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacat View Post
Or if you know which house the cars belong to, why not just introduce yourself and ask them?
That's a good idea but in today's times' I would be cautious. As they say..... "This is not your Father's Oldsmobile" People can become pretty defensive, pretty quick.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Whether you agree with this "policy" or not, I don't think the HOA has any jurisdiction to enforce this. From the latest HOA newsletter...

All containers, including recyclables, must have a lid on
them to prevent animals or the wind from strewing trash
around the neighborhood. The trash containers must be
placed either in the street, in the driveway or up on the
lawn. They cannot block the sidewalk in any way. We
do have several residents who use wheel chairs or motorized
chairs to get around and their main route of travel
are the sidewalks.

Again, this is not about whether or not you agree with this policy. The point is, once again, the HOA is using verbiage that oversteps their jurisdiction. The sidewalk belongs to Bexar County, not the HOA. The street belongs to Bexar County, not the HOA. What is the county's law regarding blocking the street with a trash can? Is the HOA going to provide lids for all trash/recycle containers?

Just sayin'...

Old 09-30-2010, 08:46 PM

I sent an email Sunday evening to everyone and their twin down at the HOA Office and also to the BOD. I had some concerns over the appearance of Westcreek since that was one of the comments from a Family that visited our home with their Realtor. They loved the house but were not impressed with WC as a whole. I guess they expected more from a Deed Restricted Community and rightly they should have.

I made it clear in the email that I am still a Homeowner and will continue to expect what I / We once had, but of course that was almost 11 years ago and times /attitudes have changes with the Folks in the House that Westcreek Homeowner's built.

There has been no response, NOT ONE, I guess their attitude is **** YOU! Well as I said (I know they chime in here) I am still a Homeowner and until We sell.........................

Crap I can't even get them to maintain the monument. That's another impression that one gets when they visit WC and enter into the many Villages.. I'm sure the past rain will have play a factor in preventing it and the other monuments from being weeded. It sure as hell did not play a factor in many Folks maintaining their yards over the weekend. It's not until someone complains that something is taken care of. I guess I was correct in the past when I said some Folks wear blinders. Good case and point is the tall Johnson Grass on the other side of Military which can be seen from the CC. Again I'm sure the rain will be to blame.

Maybe I'll Volunteer. The day that I volunteer to assist a paid employee Hell will Freeze Over. Life ain't that hard VOWC HOA. As I told them (in the email) a SportsPark, Cardio Boxing, Judo / Karate Classes , Water Fitness Classes, Cooking with Campbell's Soup Classes, etc. won't sell our home, Responsible Neighbor's throughout WC will and those / you are the ones that I Thank Daily.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-30-2010 at 09:09 PM..

Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times
Diplomacy goes a long way....I've had "heart to heart" talks with various neighbors over the years regarding issues. I've only had one try to develop a 'tude, and by remaining calm, that was diffused. Rather than getting "authorities" involved, a simple, polite conversation will take care of most issues, in my experience.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Default Any Senior Bridge Players in Westcreek?

My mother just moved in with us and likes to play bridge. Are there any senior bridge players in Westcreek or this area?

Thank you,
Steel Man

Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM

80 posts, read 195,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I sent an email Sunday evening to everyone and their twin down at the HOA Office and also to the BOD. I had some concerns over the appearance of Westcreek since that was one of the comments from a Family that visited our home with their Realtor. They loved the house but were not impressed with WC as a whole. I guess they expected more from a Deed Restricted Community and rightly they should have.

I made it clear in the email that I am still a Homeowner and will continue to expect what I / We once had, but of course that was almost 11 years ago and times /attitudes have changes with the Folks in the House that Westcreek Homeowner's built.

There has been no response, NOT ONE, I guess their attitude is **** YOU! Well as I said (I know they chime in here) I am still a Homeowner and until We sell.........................

Crap I can't even get them to maintain the monument. That's another impression that one gets when they visit WC and enter into the many Villages.. I'm sure the past rain will have play a factor in preventing it and the other monuments from being weeded. It sure as hell did not play a factor in many Folks maintaining their yards over the weekend. It's not until someone complains that something is taken care of. I guess I was correct in the past when I said some Folks wear blinders. Good case and point is the tall Johnson Grass on the other side of Military which can be seen from the CC. Again I'm sure the rain will be to blame.

Maybe I'll Volunteer. The day that I volunteer to assist a paid employee Hell will Freeze Over. Life ain't that hard VOWC HOA. As I told them (in the email) a SportsPark, Cardio Boxing, Judo / Karate Classes , Water Fitness Classes, Cooking with Campbell's Soup Classes, etc. won't sell our home, Responsible Neighbor's throughout WC will and those / you are the ones that I Thank Daily.
It's too bad you got that sort of response from a potential buyer. It's funny because the lots are selling like hotcakes in my sub-division and the families that bought the lots near my home said they love the look and feel of Westcreek and the numerous amenities.

I do wish you the best of luck in the sell of your home and I hope you are able to find a development in which there is either no HOA or a HOA you are happy with.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
It's too bad you got that sort of response from a potential buyer. It's funny because the lots are selling like hotcakes in my sub-division and the families that bought the lots near my home said they love the look and feel of Westcreek and the numerous amenities.

I do wish you the best of luck in the sell of your home and I hope you are able to find a development in which there is either no HOA or a HOA you are happy with.
Oh Please don't get me wrong about HOA's, I need and want one. I know I moan and groan but if only you could see the changes over the past 11 years. Although I'm not making excuses for our HOA when we bought / built in 1999 The Hollow was the newest Village and everything past us was still undeveloped. There has been a Ginormous increase in homes since then there is much more Income for the HOA along with an increase in Staff.
I only want (back) what lured us to WC 11 years ago. I would also want for any buyer of any home to get what they are / will be paying for and expecting.

I am amazed however that Folks are looking and buying which is not what I expected for this time of the year.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:24 PM

80 posts, read 195,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I am amazed however that Folks are looking and buying which is not what I expected for this time of the year.
I know right?!? Our salesperson said there is normally a slow down during this time but things have still been fairly busy. Like I said the lots near me are selling like hotcakes but I know two of the couples do not have children so that may have something to do with it.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 PM

**** I forgot about the 2011 Proposed Budget Meeting tonight. This is one meeting that should have been given more attention (as far as getting the word out that there was a meeting) I fully understand (joking) since they certainly don't want to face a mob but I sure as hell hope they did!

I know cost's increase and they will want to again as they did last year raise the annual assessments. If they do I would hope we end up getting what we pay for.

I'll **** like many others if there is any Salary Increases this year (AGAIN). It's pretty ****ty that there are Folks paying the HOA's Staff Salaries that are in the midst of losing their homes, jobs, insurance, etc. But that my Friends is of no concern to the HOA or BOD.

Last edited by wellguy; 10-06-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio