Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 08:24 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
Guess you missed the meetings attended by the homeowner that is an attorney not working for the BOD. Or maybe you never thought that some of your neighbors may actually be attorneys. Now, that's not to say that I am an attorney because I'm not, but I do know the homeowner that is an attorney. He and his wife are neighbors and very good friends.
Relax dude...no one is trying to pull your power cord away. Free speech at work here.

Thanks for your input Silvercreek.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
The Christmas Bazaar is today at the Community Center until 4:00pm

Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
The Christmas Bazaar is today at the Community Center until 4:00pm
This is the only place that I recall seeing the date/time.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 PM

88 posts, read 169,260 times
Rarely are there any signs promoting events, meetings, etc at the entrance/exit at Potranco and Daisy Field. I use this entrance/exit daily. It's not often that I travel up Military. It would be nice to have some signage towards the back of this large neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Rarely are there any signs promoting events, meetings, etc at the entrance/exit at Potranco and Daisy Field. I use this entrance/exit daily. It's not often that I travel up Military. It would be nice to have some signage towards the back of this large neighborhood.
My Wife and Sister-In-Law had a booth today. They paid $25.00 for the space and brought their own table. If not then it would have been $8.00 more. She said there were approx 20 people selling and the turn out was very poor. I didn't go down but I did call her several times to see how things were going, again little traffic. I asked her to see if the thing was advertised and she was told signs were put up around WC and there was an ad in the Northside Recorder (?). This was a big case of poor planning. She heard many complaints amongst the other sellers. Some folks paid a heck of a lot more if they were selling food since they needed to get a permit. I went to work all week and never did I see a sign promoting the Bazaar. At least the HOA made money!

Yes I agree 100% that we need better signage. It wouldn't hurt to have an elevated sign on the island at the Clock Tower and one at the Community Center. I see many neighborhoods that have them. We don't need anything fancy. Something simple that most Church's have. Yes someone would have to change the signs but that should be no problem since we have the hired Staff. It would also get rid of those $20.00 rinky dink disposable signs that are scattered throughout.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Yes I agree 100% that we need better signage. It wouldn't hurt to have an elevated sign on the island at the Clock Tower and one at the Community Center. I see many neighborhoods that have them. We don't need anything fancy. Something simple that most Church's have. Yes someone would have to change the signs but that should be no problem since we have the hired Staff. It would also get rid of those $20.00 rinky dink disposable signs that are scattered throughout.
Can't tell you how many times that I have recommended electronic signs to the BOD.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Can't tell you how many times that I have recommended electronic signs to the BOD.
Yes. I have seen where you have recommened /suggested the signs. I don't know why the HOA will not consider them.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Haven't seen a lot from the prospective new BOD members yet...haven't seen any of them talk about reducing the assessments to the correct amount of $228 as stated by the current HOA documents. Lets follow all of the rules including this and in doing so get this million-plus dollar a year budget under control.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm very interested in who may considering running for the BOD the next time around. We need honest, down to earth people, who are not in it for the POWER. There are a lot of good folks out there that can turn the BOD around, straighten out some of the HOA Staff, and slowly regain the respect and trust that has been lost. I am very interested on what they will tell us what is wrong (although most of us know) and how they will go about changing it. I want folks on there that will respond to email /phone calls in a timely manner and also inform the HOA Staff of doing the same. I want a BOD who follows our By Law, Standards, etc. and does not change them mid stream just to satisfy their needs. Most importantly I want a BOD who will never forget those that they represent.

I've cooked my goose again since my replies are all but extinct. There is no reason why folks do not receive email replies as long as there are no threats, name calling, cussing, etc.

I look at it this way. I too deal with our customer's daily. We have over 350,000 Services out there and serve over 1.5 million people. Contacts from Customers are 24/7 and I'll assure you no one ignores a call or an email. There is no doubt if I did not return a call, ignored a call, did not respond to an email ,my ASS would be grass.

Last edited by wellguy; 12-06-2009 at 08:34 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 AM

744 posts, read 1,211,175 times
I was wondering if we were going to have a Lighting contest this year? I can not access the calendar on the website (at work). I would like to know what are the registration deadlines and when the judging will be. Any info would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio