Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
Does anyone know what is going on out by the sports park, police are out there running down the Creeks and coming out of the Gardens subdivision? This was about 10 minutes ago.
Maybe they are after your boys from this morning. You can listen to the police scanner at Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Old 03-15-2010, 03:06 PM

186 posts, read 345,667 times
The creek bed area I believe is private property...had a large group of urchins hanging out in the back out of sight so BCSO was notified. The marked vehicle coming out of the Gardens was a Pct 2 Constable looking for a vehicle of interest. I also observed the BCSO COP was active. Yes...this is spring break and it wouldn't be a bad idea if we had some time on our hands to get out and drive the neighborhoods this week. I thought the HOA had an off duty BCSO deputy working the park during times such as this.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
The creek bed area I believe is private property...had a large group of urchins hanging out in the back out of sight so BCSO was notified. The marked vehicle coming out of the Gardens was a Pct 2 Constable looking for a vehicle of interest. I also observed the BCSO COP was active. Yes...this is spring break and it wouldn't be a bad idea if we had some time on our hands to get out and drive the neighborhoods this week. I thought the HOA had an off duty BCSO deputy working the park during times such as this.
Yes, but the HOA's off-duty BCSO deputy is hired primarily to make sure park visitors have the proper sticker on their ID (meaning they are current on dues)...of course, they'd also keep the peace there. I'd prefer the HOA spend that same money to have the BCSO deputy drive around specifically in WC to patrol and to be seen. Said deputy could also frequently check on the peace at the park.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:41 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Maybe they got a hot lead on those responsible for the recent robberies in Highpoint.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM

41 posts, read 58,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Yes, but the HOA's off-duty BCSO deputy is hired primarily to make sure park visitors have the proper sticker on their ID (meaning they are current on dues)...of course, they'd also keep the peace there. I'd prefer the HOA spend that same money to have the BCSO deputy drive around specifically in WC to patrol and to be seen. Said deputy could also frequently check on the peace at the park.

Yes, $25/hr to check IDs of the families that are coming into the park to walk, run, use the playground, etc. In my opinion, it is a grave misuse of funds to pay someone $25/hr to check IDs. I know that the other aspect of thier oversight is to maintain the peace, and if their hours were more lined up with incidents in the park I could see that. However, I have never seen an officer there much longer after dark. I see them there after school until 6 or 7. So when the real menaces come out to disrupt the park they are no where in sight. Another example of "this is the way we have always done things" attitude of the HOA.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
As Spring break is here know and not to mention the school kids are out starting there rounds. This morning around 445a the big dogs in are street started barking like crazy, they stopped and started again 10 minutes later so I get in my car to do a few rounds and I see 4 guys (white) with black shirts and hoodies, 2 of them had white shirts covering over their hands so I drive slowly in the direction they are walking towards (into a Cul-de-sac) and I see them checking the doors on a black car that was parked on the street knowing im driving right next to them, so I head all the way in to the Cul-de-sac (to see what house they live at), as im parked there watching them I see one of them start using his cell phone walked straight into the creek (inside the cul-de-sac in Creek Gate) so I turned around to meet them on military and I see them pacing on the sidewalk at that point I called BCSD and gave them all the info. So I drove all the way up to the HOA office and turned back and they guys were no where to be seen, I did notice a vehicle parked inside the Gardens with it low beam lights on I'm sure they got picked up. However I patrolled my subdivision from 445a -7a just to see if I would see them again and nothing, Officers got to the location within 5 minutes after I made the call and they did check the creek found nothing and patrolled the area.

This Week will be tough fighting crime, WE HO need to look out for one another and report anything that is out of the ordinary.
Keep up the good work. If we all do the same we'll let those scumbags (No matter what their age) know who's Neighborhood this is.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Does anyone know what is going on out by the sports park, police are out there running down the Creeks and coming out of the Gardens subdivision? This was about 10 minutes ago.
Does anyone know if the gate on Military is being locked after the Sports Park closes? If not we will continue to pay for graffiti removal and other vandalism.

Don't we pay someone to insure that gate is locked? I know there are other ways in but this no doubt will deter punks from entering after hours.

This is an easy one HOA Staff and BOD...... Pay now or pay later and we all know paying after will be much more.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,741,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Does anyone know if the gate on Military is being locked after the Sports Park closes? If not we will continue to pay for graffiti removal and other vandalism.

Don't we pay someone to insure that gate is locked? I know there are other ways in but this no doubt will deter punks from entering after hours.

This is an easy one HOA Staff and BOD...... Pay now or pay later and we all know paying after will be much more.
Why not get a magnetic lock with access codes given to only those who want to use it with their dues paid? Obviously, a little expensive up front, but in the long run...,,,

Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 AM

71 posts, read 109,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Maybe they are after your boys from this morning. You can listen to the police scanner at Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com
Thanks for the link, will tune in while I'm away from home.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post

Unfortunately locking the gate won't stop the vandalism/graffiti, the scumbags will still walk into the park to do the deed. It still does need to be locked though.

Personally I'd like to see the park fenced off. I bet you can cut through there to Potranco, and it might help with the ORV/foot traffic along the creek bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio