Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM

19 posts, read 43,276 times

Advertisements

I called the fire marshall and spoke to an investigator who stated that although the investigation is preliminary, they seem to be unrelated as the first one was due to an "appliance" and the second one probably not due to wiring in the house. I'm still getting mine inspected just to make sure!

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
We have an Armadillo home, not a Lennar like the two that caught on fire. However, the builders all seem to use many of the same subcontractors. I wonder who the electrician is for Lennar. We are getting ready to have ours inspected -- just to be safe--since it will soon become a rental.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Called BCSO to check out a suspicious vehicle tonight parked in The Bluffs. The car drove away, doubled back, and then left after we spotted them and questioned what they were doing. Quick response by BCSO who was going to the address to which the car is registered. Not sure what they were up to but they had been parked there for about an hour according to another neighbor.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:59 PM

744 posts, read 1,211,266 times
WC could you give a description of the vehicle of course not the plate, but approximate year, make, model and color would be great in case they roll to a different part. Thanks

Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Very dark Mazda Protege

Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Called BCSO to check out a suspicious vehicle tonight parked in The Bluffs. The car drove away, doubled back, and then left after we spotted them and questioned what they were doing. Quick response by BCSO who was going to the address to which the car is registered. Not sure what they were up to but they had been parked there for about an hour according to another neighbor.
This is a good example as to why a VOWC decal on our vehicles would be a great idea. Many Towns / Cities in and around San Antonio (Hollywood Park, Hill Country Village, Olmos Park, Fair Oaks) have them as well as lots of Subdivisions. They have been proven to help keep Riff Raff out of areas where they don't belong.

Besides COPS this would be another "Crime Fighter". This is another suggestion I have made to our BOD / HOA Staff but .........

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
We have an Armadillo home, not a Lennar like the two that caught on fire. However, the builders all seem to use many of the same subcontractors. I wonder who the electrician is for Lennar. We are getting ready to have ours inspected -- just to be safe--since it will soon become a rental.
That's a great idea. Have you contacted the Bexar County Fire Marshall to see if the local Volunteer Fire Departments offer a Courtesy Inspection?

Can you tell me /us what the Street Situation is up your way. It is my understanding that Bexar County has not yet accepted the Streets. Do you know if this is true?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
This is a good example as to why a VOWC decal on our vehicles would be a great idea. Many Towns / Cities in and around San Antonio (Hollywood Park, Hill Country Village, Olmos Park, Fair Oaks) have them as well as lots of Subdivisions. They have been proven to help keep Riff Raff out of areas where they don't belong.

Besides COPS this would be another "Crime Fighter". This is another suggestion I have made to our BOD / HOA Staff but .........
Sorry, still don't see the benefit of such a sticker. It was so dark that it took me three times to get the tag number. This car actually belongs to a house in WC...but from a different village from the one in which I reside.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Household hazardous waste pickup on the county web site:
http://www.co.bexar.tx.us/How_Does_it_Work_2004.pdf (broken link)
Thanks...I had seen that before but had forgot about it. I called today and they will be in our area in mid-April for pickup. Each house is authorized one free pickup per year.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Sorry, still don't see the benefit of such a sticker. It was so dark that it took me three times to get the tag number. This car actually belongs to a house in WC...but from a different village from the one in which I reside.

The best answers I can give you is Safety, Security, and Deterent. We as Homeowner's / Resident's will be able to identify Suspicious Vehicles / Persons easily. If you were able to see a sticker on the vehicle you saw in The Bluff's you would have know that that car belonged to a WC Resident. That in itself doesn't mean that individual would not rob you or break into your home.

I know after much reading that these are proven deterents to criminal acts within Subdivisions, Towns, Cities. I really don't think those with the HCV Stickers on their cars are wanting to advertise that they live in Hill Country Village and that they are well off.

I for one am not a Bumper Sticker person. I would however be willing to adhere a WC Sticker /Decal to my rear window or bumper to help ease the tension that some have when they see a vehicle that they don't recognize. All we have to do is look upon the VOWC Webpage under Public Safety and see that crime is on the increase. That's just a small bite of the big cookie since our HOA does not know of every crime committed.

In closing it is something simple and inexpensive that we can all do to help decrease our increasing crime situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio