Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times

Advertisements

hard to call a product that has been out for less than two months a dud, unless you have some intimate knowledge of it. I'm guessing that's not the case since there was no reasoning behind the statement..

There is definitely potential in the hardware as the Snapdragon also powers other tablets. From what I've gathered in my research and reading, the problem was management mixed with some bad luck and extremely bad timing. Developers were not given enough manpower or time and the product was released too soon to avoid a leak of some sort according to one article I read (think it was in Engadget).

The only clear thing at this point is that it probably would've sold a lot better if it was priced at $300/350, since that is what the market has them valued at right now on fleabay and other websites. It also helps that they are the topic of the moment and obviously pretty hard to find. I'm sure a marketing person or two at HP are probably saying "see, I told you so" right about now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,936 times
We sold them at my employer recently, and I seriously have never gotten as many complaints about 1 single product as I did about the HP Tablet.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
any discounted accessories in SA? I know they're discounted online at the HP store, but I don't really feel like waiting forever for something else from them..

Old 08-23-2011, 05:43 PM

16 posts, read 23,664 times
Make sure you know what you're buying because once you buy YOU ARE STUCK WITH IT! NO RETURNS! BB will give info on this when you buy one. So if its defective, too bad so sad. And i say this bc I know someone is going to march in there and be like I want to return it it doesnt work booo hooo hooo. Thats why i dont buy electronics on clearance or under no return/store credit/exchange restrictions, I dont want to find myself SOL. If its broken/defective etc you go thru HP. So good luck!

HP TOUCHPAD CLEARANCE AND RETURN POLICY

Due to HP's decision to discontinue its TouchPad product, Best Buy® will now provide clearance pricing for all TouchPad 16GB and 32GB models (SKUs 2842056, 2842092) regardless of previously advertised prices or promotions.

Best Buy will not accept customer returns or exchanges on clearance-priced TouchPads bought through any Best Buy channel.

Customers purchasing a TouchPad at clearance pricing will have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, fulfilled directly through HP, not Best Buy.

Customers who purchased the 16GB or 32GB TouchPad after June 19 may come into the store to get either a full refund or a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price.

Quantities are strictly limited. Limit 1 per customer. Best Buy cannot guarantee availability of inventory at this pricing at any particular Best Buy location or channel.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM

952 posts, read 2,635,462 times
"
Quantities are strictly limited. Limit 1 per customer."

LOL please someone tell me how one person manages to buy bulk like 5 in one single transaction!?!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
"

LOL please someone tell me how one person manages to buy bulk like 5 in one single transaction!?!
Greedy people always find a way like that poster earlier buying 4 of them. Why any single person needs 4 is beyond my understanding.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:49 PM

59 posts, read 96,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
"

Because they waited way too long before they decided to implement this policy. At $99 it's a steal and about it's true value, but I still don't see the need for it.

It's fun at first but if you're looking for long term development, assuming you even know what you're doing, it's going to be pretty minimal. Call me crazy but people are expecting development as if it were an ios/android replacement.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM

952 posts, read 2,635,462 times
@MattTX; yeh I can only imagine the people that did buy in large quantities are now making profit on ebay or craigslist for DOUBLE the price.

@ darknight22; yes I only want one coz it's a bargain and just to have really - nothing wrong with that and yes I look for the future development of porting the android OS to the touchpad. However, my bro is telling me there's a way to port Ubantu onto the touchpad too!!! now that is SWEEEETT!!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM

502 posts, read 934,703 times
I ordered three from amazon over the weekend still waiting to see if I get em. But just incase ima go down and grab them at bb or other retail stores. One fore every member in my family so they can stop using my iPad!!!! Lol if I end up with more I'll probly just sell them for what I paid, I know they will go fast! Unlike the morons trying to sell them for 2-300 dollars on cl

Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,408,548 times
They're sold out almost EVERYWHERE!

I did call HP and asked to be put on their email list so that I can get an email when they go "back in stock." They assured me it will go back in stock...I hope so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio