Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM

478 posts, read 784,780 times

Advertisements

I think Sizzle brought up a valid point. I don't think Oregon would have any more sex offenders per capita than any other state, since politics, laws and geography don't have anything to do with how many people become destructive in this way. But the concentration in one part of Oregon, or one part of one town, as compared to another, I do take note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM

9 posts, read 47,841 times
Question Is Sundial MHP in a bad area?

Well, since this thread originally started as a query into the areas of Salem to avoid, I thought I'd add my question here versus starting a whole new thread.

My DH and I are retired/disabled and currently living in a 55+ MHP in Gresham. We're currently on the east side of the Rockwood neighborhood which is the second largest impoverished area of the state (second only to Warm Springs). Crime has increased in the park (mostly property crime; one woman had her car broken into twice since the first of the year, the second time there was nothing to take so they stole her handicapped parking permit! ) We've only been here a year and we've decided to move out.

Since neither of us have family here, we are open to moving anywhere. We like the weather here so we would prefer to stay in the Willamette Valley and we want to move into another 55+ park. We've seen a lot of homes for sale in Sundial MHP which is located on SE Lancaster, south of the Santiam Hwy and before Lancaster turns into Aumsville Hwy. Since we've seen a lot of postings warning against the Lancaster area, does that include this area of Lancaster? The number of homes for sale in Sundial is also concerning. Makes us wonder what is wrong. Any info about this area in general and the park in particular would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM

899 posts, read 2,942,216 times
Good morning
We live in Salem and 9 years ago looked at Sundial MPH but didn't give it a second look because of the no pet policy.
Ended up buying in one the 3 parks that set on NE Portland Rd.Arrowhead, Shady Acres and Salem Moblie Home Estates are all spotless clean, well run, they drain well in the heavy rains during the winter and have lots of nice people living in them..We are close to shopping and I-5 and are 55 plus parks..Yes there are a lot of homes up for sale but its the economy ...Some of the parks on the south end of require flood insurance because they set low..Even in the heaviest of rain don't have me committed for saying this but our drainage is so good I can't float a yellow rubber duck down the street, have tried just to see...
You need to come down and give ours a look..The park I'm in allows small pets..Its a safe area too.
Hope to see you looking around soon..Oh if you love to walk you can walk threw all three parks and get a good walk in..
Good luck

Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 AM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
Good morning
We live in Salem and 9 years ago looked at Sundial MPH but didn't give it a second look because of the no pet policy.
Ended up buying in one the 3 parks that set on NE Portland Rd.Arrowhead, Shady Acres and Salem Moblie Home Estates are all spotless clean, well run, they drain well in the heavy rains during the winter and have lots of nice people living in them..We are close to shopping and I-5 and are 55 plus parks..Yes there are a lot of homes up for sale but its the economy ...Some of the parks on the south end of require flood insurance because they set low..Even in the heaviest of rain don't have me committed for saying this but our drainage is so good I can't float a yellow rubber duck down the street, have tried just to see...
You need to come down and give ours a look..The park I'm in allows small pets..Its a safe area too.
Hope to see you looking around soon..Oh if you love to walk you can walk threw all three parks and get a good walk in..
Good luck
I was hoping you would weigh in. I figured you had probably looked at a bunch before picking yours. There is one off Hazelgreen Rd that is really nice as well but I can't remember the name of it though. There is a brand new one going in on Davis Rd, but it is on a sloped hill.

There are a lot of mobiles for sale just like there are a lot of homes. It's just the way it is.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM

Now everyone will want to have me locked up Ha Ha
When we landed in Salem in 03 just to look, we were full timers and only looked at Sundail
and Arrowhead mobile home estates, our house was brand new not even fully set up when we
saw it and less than a week later had the papers signed..We knew zip about salem except we
liked it...The rest is history..
where is the new house or is it a park going in...
Later all

Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM

9 posts, read 47,841 times
Default Arrowhead, Shady Acres and Salem Moblie Home Estates

Thanks for the info Mamh.

I tried googling up these three but Salem Mobile Home Estates didn't show up (I've found quite a few MHPs don't show up). I did find it on MHVillage and it lists the address as 5455 Portland Road Northeast (and it also lists Shady Acres with that same address), but on google maps that address is listed as Shady Acres (the one on the corner of Portland Rd and Hazel Green Rd). Google has Arrowhead marked as the larger and most southern of the 3 parks (at 5422 Portland Rd). The middle park is not listed on craigslist. Could you give me a little more clarification on the three (which one is where, etc. and the correct addresses)? You wouldn't happen to know what the lot rents are there and what it includes (most I've looked at include water/sewer/garbage and a few have included basic cable)?

Thanks again for the info!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM

Hi again
I'm in Arrowhead park rent is $470 includes water sewer and garbage..
The parks sorta set on a corner, we are the furthest down on Portland, to the left of
us is I think its Shady Acres our entrances are next to each other and Salem MHP is on
Hazel Green..The three parks cover the whole corner of Portland NE and Hazel Green..
ArrowHead address is 5422 Portland Rd...PGE owns the whole corner of Portland RD and
Kale ...Let me find their phone numbers and you can call the managers and talk with them
about whats available and prices..
We are located just across I-5 from Keizer and the new Keizer Station Shopping center..
Will post later...

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM

Is "Shady Acres" relatively free of shady characters? Sorry, just had to say that, given the earlier posts

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM

I was waiting for a pun from someone..I think so, is Arrowhead free from flying arrows?
Enough of my nonsense....

Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Hah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem