Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2023, 10:09 AM

4,378 posts, read 3,184,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
This thread is supposed to be about the "Crazy Rhode Island real estate market". Let's get back on topic.

(And sandsonik, I will continue to comment about Google Street View images. The people seen on Street View often provide insight about the area. This can be helpful. What's not helpful is you throwing a fit and insisting on some type of proof that the people are engaging in illicit activity.)
I am as free to respond and speculate as you are redplum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2023, 10:10 AM

4,378 posts, read 3,184,886 times
Quote:
This thread is supposed to be about the "Crazy Rhode Island real estate market". Let's get back on topic.

(And sandsonik, I will continue to comment about Google Street View images. The people seen on Street View often provide insight about the area. This can be helpful. What's not helpful is you throwing a fit and insisting on some type of proof that the people are engaging in illicit activity.)
You know what's not helpful? Focusing on a person leaving their house with a fishing pole and insisting its a shiv. Tell.me how that's helpful.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:54 AM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
You know what's not helpful? Focusing on a person leaving their house with a fishing pole and insisting its a shiv. Tell.me how that's helpful.
A mistake was made (and acknowledged) by a forum member. No big deal. Move on.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:16 AM

252 posts, read 97,495 times
Quote:
A mistake was made (and acknowledged) by a forum member.
The “mistake” was made by a forum member who wants us to believe he has a special ability to study Google street photos and determine what activity the people captured in the pictures are engaged in at the moment the pics are taken. This expert primarily groups the people in the photos into just a few categories. These are drug dealer, drug user, prostitute, pimp, john, or assailant. Once in a while he might label someone a potential crime victim.

So, we’re supposed to believe that this forum member has an unerring eye for spotting Rhode Island’s criminals in Google street view pics, but he’s prone to make “a mistake” when it comes to identifying sporting goods. Sure.

Last edited by IslandOwen86; 07-11-2023 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-11-2023, 10:05 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,953,562 times
I'm sorry to see the sad state of the RI Forum, littered with crime related posts and musing of certified losers.

To get back on track, I wanted to see if there has been any movement in the Newport market? Inventory for single and multifamily properties continues to track low and I'm not seeing any significant price reductions. I still have the condo in but was interested in 1-2 family property, not really in a rush to buy, but hoping for a check of the market. Any local advice is much appreciated.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
To get back on track, I wanted to see if there has been any movement in the Newport market? Inventory for single and multifamily properties continues to track low and I'm not seeing any significant price reductions. I still have the condo in but was interested in 1-2 family property, not really in a rush to buy, but hoping for a check of the market. Any local advice is much appreciated.
You are expecting "significant price reductions" in Newport?

Last edited by redplum33; 07-11-2023 at 11:32 AM..

Old 07-11-2023, 11:44 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,953,562 times
Quote:
You are expecting "significant price reductions" in Newport?
Right on cue, you appear with another low value post. Also why the edit? We all know it was laced with a personal insult.

Old 07-11-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandOwen86 View Post
So, we’re supposed to believe that this forum member has an unerring eye for spotting Rhode Island’s criminals in Google street view pics, but he’s prone to make “a mistake” when it comes to identifying sporting goods. Sure.
Mistakes can happen. What's important is how they are handled. Some of our immature forum members will argue til they're blue in the face while fully knowing they are wrong. That wasn't the case here. As I've said, the forum member acknowledged the mistake. No harm no foul. Let it go.

Old 07-11-2023, 11:55 AM

8,065 posts, read 4,684,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I'm sorry to see the sad state of the RI Forum, littered with crime related posts and musing of certified losers.

While I don't follow the Newport real estate market closely, I'm told by friends that do, inventory is low, but buys are still to be had in single family fixers. It's a market where buyers mostly only want "done" & are still willing to pay the premium for it.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:09 PM

9,285 posts, read 14,890,077 times
The Newport market is sky high and I wouldn't expect price reductions since there is no new building and zero room for new building. So I'm afraid if you want Newport, waiting is not likely to be the answer. Time on market last I checked was only 5 days in RI.

IM can you link a single family fixer upper bargain in Newport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island