Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2023, 04:15 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,742,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I agree that it was a somewhat peculiar comment, although it is also true that Jamestown has a lot more of these primitive shack like houses than LC. And it lacks the prosperous farmland and large estates (inland), leaving it a lot more humble in appearance and feel. We were comparing the two towns.
"Humble appearance" indeed. Two entirely different towns, settled differently. But, both considered amongst the finest in RI, by most accurate accounts. One comparison of Jamestown & Little Compton is each town's real estate values - rather than the simple, uninformed opinion of some rube here. Jamestown is more expensive, logically making it more exclusive, for what that's worth. Apparently, one person's "primitive shack" is another's expensive summer retreat. If they can afford it, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 04:39 AM

18,067 posts, read 9,413,680 times
I'm not impressed with Jamestown or Little Compton.

Without even the slightest hesitation, I'd take a nice area in Newport, the East Side, or Barrington over Jamestown or Little Compton.

Old 07-01-2023, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Without even the slightest hesitation, I'd take a nice area in Newport, the East Side, or Barrington over Jamestown or Little Compton.
And, without the slightest hesitation, I'm sure JTN & LC won't miss you either. Even on the chance you could afford the price of entry.

Old 07-01-2023, 05:21 AM

Quote:

^ The overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders would agree with what I said.

Old 07-01-2023, 07:00 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,403,670 times
Quote:
Little Compton and Jamestown buyers largely aren’t Rhode Island residents. Upper middle class vacation home buyers aren’t buying in Barrington.

Old 07-01-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
The "overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders" would agree you spout nonsense here. Your opinions are just that, opinions from some basement not located in any of the fine places you critique. Stick to what you think you know. The expertise your crime fetish has brought you.

Old 07-01-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Little Compton and Jamestown buyers largely aren’t Rhode Island residents. Upper middle class vacation home buyers aren’t buying in Barrington.
Geoff, nobody in RI cares about Little Compton or Jamestown. And neither of those towns were considered desirable to anyone until relatively recently.

Old 07-01-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Geoff, nobody in RI cares about Little Compton or Jamestown. And neither of those towns were considered desirable to anyone until relatively recently.
Plum, nobody, in RI or elsewhere, cares about your sadly suburban opinion of either desirable Rhode Island town.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:38 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,986,423 times
Quote:
Just silly and not at all true. Keeping your posts in the MA forum is a good idea.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Just silly and not at all true. Keeping your posts in the MA forum is a good idea.
It is true, Holly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island